the Rift

Tiptoe, Tiptoe.

Éostre Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Éostre was not one to remember how she got from one place to the next while walking and thinking. One moment she was admiring turtle doves, which kick started the gears towards those with wings. The next thing she knew, She had fallen down a hill! It was all quite troublesome she knew.
Which brings her to why in the world she is in a forest she has never seen before. It had various trees that were looking quite horrid in the colder months, being that the tree tops were bare. Then again it was beautiful, she had to give the forest that. Not that any forest isn't beautiful, hell, it could be covered in soot and ash and she'd still think it was a pearl hidden among clam shells in the tide pools.
Eww, clams.
Said mare shook her head quickly then, her scraggly mane flying in various directions and falling in those directions. Causing her to look a little like ruffled chicken. Her tail snapped in the air for invisible flies that couldn't have possibly been around in the Winter. Not that she couldn't try and kill them with her tail.... right?
Éostre snorted and began walking again, trying desperately not to be loose once again in her thoughts, but then again, that wouldn't work. The bark was rather pretty in the colder months, well... contrasting with the snow that is. She tried to scold herself as she left hoof prints in the snow, her legs moving with swiftness; but all that caused was her to be lost in her mind yet again, thinking of scolding’s that she could enact on herself.
Oh! Maybe she could not play with the frogs for a week? No….. that was too harsh, five minutes sounded swell. No.. how about none at all?
Thus, this caused her to walk into a tree, allowing her first day of living in this strange land with a giant bruise on her head.

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

It was good to get out of the caves so that I finally could get some fresh air and the smell of other horses off my brain. The run to the Threshold had done little more than boost my spirits, even is sweat had found it's way to the surface. It chilled me and made me feel alive. Damn! It was good to be out again! Why had I not done this before?

White snow played hide and seek with the wind as I danced though the forest of the Threshold. I love snow. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Ahh, this was too much fun! No horses to break down, no mares to flirt with and no Africa. There was only me, the world and a noise.

Wait a minute. I stopped and pricked my ears in the hope of hearing the noise again. It did not come, so I lowered my head and moved to where I thought it came from. I found shelter behind a rock covered in ice and poked my head out to see what was there.

It was only a mare nd it seemed like she had walked straight into a tree. That was just too funny! I gave a snort of amusement as I revealed myself to this poor, little mare. "Having a rough day, sweetheart?" I offered her a smile, since I knew how it felt to come to a completely new land and not know anyone. As I waited for her to reply, I arched my neck, as a show of strenght. It was not ment to intimidate her, but rather show her that I was one that could protect her, no matter what. I wasn't sure it would work, but what the hell, I gave it a try.

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Unregistered
Now walking into a tree was not smart, certainly. But Éostre knew she wasn’t the smartest daisy in the field. She was probably a piece of grass now that she thought about it. But that was not the problem! She whirled upon the tree and scowled at it, a stern expression on her face as she muttered and rambled under her breath at it.
“You simply just stood there, could have at least given me a notice to avoid you!” Scolding said tree beside her, a small tuft of winter fur stuck out from a jagged part of the bark. “You bastard.” She turned her butt towards the tree and scoffed at the tree, making a point not to look it in the eye. If it had an eye that is… she glanced behind herself then took her gaze away from it again. It certainly did not deserve to be acknowledged .
She was popped from her thoughts when a Stallion approached, no wings, but obviously something was missing from that area. His question flew into one ear, and out the other.
“Oh, no! Not at all, simply… er…,” She looked around for a moment, slightly bringing a foot up and pushing snow with her foot. “enjoying the sights you see.” She spoke happily, flicking her tail with a happiness that could only be stemmed from her stupidity into ignoring a ruthless tree behind her.
The stallion had appeared out of nowhere for her, but then again, she was scolding the tree; and man did that tree demand to be scolded.
She breathed out a snort, wisps of white steam falling from her nostrils. The Stallion seemed nice enough, she knew herself that not everyone who was nice was exactly what they were at the time. But she was willing… alright, she knew she was going to just go with it. Éostre scanned the surroundings for a moment, watching the snow glitter with the daylight that streamed through the branches. Those thoughts were soon leading her to her mini-mind palace that she often dozed off to. Although it seemed like a minute, she remembered sharply in her daydream that there was a horse around!
Bad Éostre, Bad! Disregarding a nice horse like that without introducing yourself!
“Oh, so very sorry.” She mumbled as she approached him and inclined her head slightly. “The name is Éostre, very glad to meet you.” She then brought her head up and then turned it to the side thinking for a moment. “At least I think I’m glad… anyhoooo.” She looked up expectantly at the Stallion, hoping to catch his name, her ears swiveled forward with eagerness.

Hidden Account
Nanna

This mare reminded me of myself, as I too had fallen hard for the power of trees when I first arrived. But, as I had moved on since then, I was not going to let her know about it. I was just going to keep on playing the nice, handsome prince.

"It seems like you are enjoying the sights a little too close" I didn't want to laught at her, but her innocence was something I could not look past and it was kind of cute. "I'm Windwalker. A pleasure to meet you too, Èostre." I gave her a nod with my head and a wink as I straightened up again. My brown eyes traced along her body, but not in a disgraceful way.

"You have just arrived here, have you not?" That question was actually a waste of time, but as I had not heard of anyone being attacked by wraiths here, I took the chance. "For if you did, there is something you should know, love. Be careful where you go from here, as the land is crawling with Wraiths and darkness. But, there is a place where you can rest in safety, where other horses reside."

Wow, that had to be the worst pickup-line in history, but as I was not a heartless man when it comes to damels in distress, I thought that she ought to know about it. "If you wish, I can take you there and make sure that neither wraiths nor trees harm you on the way."

@[Éostre]

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker

Unregistered
Éostre ears swiveled at the sound of birdsong behind her, which caused her to be slightly confused. Birds in winter? Must be hearing things. Yeah, tree must have stabbed her with something.
The sights? What sights? Oh! Yeah! And his name was Windwalker? Interesting name it was, but many a’ names were interesting nowa’days.
His voice was oddly comforting compared to silence that ringed constantly through the trees as she weaved about them today and many afternoons before this. “The sights.. are very interesting up close… I suppose?” She utterly failed trying to weasel herself out of her feud with the tree. The pure question in her voice was the big give away. But then again, Éostre wasn’t all that into telling lies and making them sound true. Just wasn’t her thing.
Éostre shifted her body a bit and glanced at the tree, slightly curious at his gaze when brought upon her. It was thrown to the wind not long after she thought that though. For who cared about gazes? Certainty not Éostre… well, perhaps if there was a twig in her hair.. but anything else, it was, well, okay she supposed. Leaves are flattering? Are they not?
His questioning held no ill intent that she could sense, and she let the muscles in her shoulders relax after she noticed they were tense. “I have just arrived.” She paused for a moment, listening to his words about the infection that seemed to plague the lands. “Wraiths?” Éostre questioned her vocabulary for a moment. The words darkness paired with wraiths obviously brought great foreboding, like the separation of a foal to its mothers milk.
But what of this safe place he mentioned, safe from the words and thoughts of darkness and wraiths. He said she could rest there, right? Then there was no time to loose! Warm sleeping spots, friendly horses, and well… warmness! Éostre trotted in front of Windwalker, her head tossing up as she looked behind herself at him. “Well then! Take me yonder over that way friend!” She exclaimed, then stopped finally processing the last part of his words. “You truly mean no trees will barge into me?” She mulled over it for a moment, scowling at the fiend of a tree beside her. “I’ll be in your debt if I don’t.” She smiled at him then turned around to only stop for a moment. “Oh.. this is the way I came from.” She whispered softly to herself, turning herself around and walking to what she supposed was the right way.

Hidden Account
Nanna

I could do nothing more than to laught at this creature. She was a special one, that's for sure. I let her rant about the sights and I even let her walk in the wrong directon before I said something.

"Yes, I promise that no trees will jump in front of you, but maybe it's best if I take the lead? And, we could make a game out of it?" I love games, as you may have noticed, but there is one I cherish more than the rest; to run.

At this point, I did not know if she was capable of following my speed, but that exact thing could mean life or death. If she began to be tired or stopped to look at a snowflake, she could possibly become a wraith before the sun set. When that thought came, I laughed. It could be fun to see what she would look like if the darkness claimed her, but..then again, that would mean big trouble for me. No, it was best that I kept her on a short leash until we enetered the sanctuary.

"If you want rest and food, you have to run as fast as you can after me and never strain from the path. If you do, you will be lost and..well..bad things happen to lost horses. You got it?"

I felt like there was no need for her to answer, so I turned around and began a steady trot. I did not even look behind to see if she would follow, before I changed the gait and made a run between the trees. She would follow, I was sure of it.

OOC: So sorry for the short post :(
You can just write a reply to this one, saying that she is following him and then make a new thread in the sanctuary when they arrive. You can tag me if you want or make it an ope thread :D

@[Èostre]

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker

Unregistered
Laughing? Now that made her full of glee, laughter was that of happiness, no matter the cause. Unless she of course knew that it was aimed to humiliate someone.
Éostre’s ears flew forward when he began talking again, for they had caught the sound of birdsong again. Strange little creatures she thought. He spoke of games, and games were the ideal thought of fun. “That sounds fun.” She let herself smile at this. “Certainty a game is useful in not running into trees of course!.” The mare muttered the last part under her breath
Éostre nodded to herself when listening to Windwalker, her thoughts turning serious to that of the next of the stallions words. Obviously the wraiths were bad things, and if she so much as interacted with such a thing, she would befall a bad fate. One that she was sure of that she didn’t want to encounter at all. Besides, the offer of rest and food was making it all the more better to avoid said things.
“I get it.” She replied to him softly, even though he took off before he could hear. I followed his trot closely with my body trailing behind his. But when he began running, it was even more beautiful in the forest, snow flew from her feet into the air, and her eyes darted wildly. She threw her head up but tripped for that glorious moment. She recovered quickly and pushed her speed to catch up to him, following closely to this place he called safe.

OCC: Alright! I'll go and do that!