the Rift

[OPEN] high up above or down below || Open, Azzaron's Death

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

I had given up hope that Mother, Azarel and Father were going to return, only appearing before me in dreams. Even now Father's face is hazy, he had been absent for most of my days. I had been dependent on Mother for most of my childhood, because she was always there for me, a shoulder to cry on when I needed it most. Before the darkness swallowed Helovia, she and Azarel vanished without a trace, without a note to tell me where they went. I searched for them for ages, desperate to find my missing family.

I never found them.

That is, until now.

I'm nestled in a corner, feathers and down littered around me. Stress has caused me to pluck at my feathers, red and deep violet falling to the ground around my hooves. I cannot handle being alone with no one to talk to, my mind in a craze to find a soul to speak with. I had looked for eggs, nothing. I've looked for souls to converse with, none of them looked appealing to speak with. A sigh escapes my lips as I lay along, the cold stone floor pressed against my gut as I gaze at the bleak cavern walls. Doesn't my life seem so fun? I was fatigued, too depressed to lay my head to rest. I was losing some muscle as well, my wings growing stiff from staying tucked in almost all the time. There was no place for me to fly, and the caverns were so crowded, stretching my wings was rarely an option. As my eyes close, mind at ease, I hear a gentle clatter of hoofsteps.

My red eyes open almost immediately as the hoofsteps grow closer, dark ears tilting back as I watch shadows dance across the wall across from me. A larger shadow followed by a smaller one, both of them with near invisible horns along their brows. A large figure follows, not equine, but feline. My heart skips several beats as suspense befalls me, my eyes growing wider as I await the faces to be unveiled. Within a few moments the first figure is visible, my body suddenly shaking as I realize just who it is. A battered, skinny mare slinks into the light, my eyes watering profusely. My lip trembles as I gaze at her, followed by a golden body and a dark predator, suddenly realizing how much I've missed them. I'm standing up almost instantly, lanky legs carrying me towards Mother's frail frame. My words echo across the walls, hitting my ears broken and battered. "Mamma!"

This moment is joyous, my heart bursting as I race towards my mother, who appears wounded. I move forward to embrace her, awaiting to feel her warmth, to feel her dark skin against my dark violet. I'm sobbing now, too afraid to move even if she's moved from me. My emotions are toying with me, biting away at me as I stand before her. I inhale deeply, whispering as I move to bury the left side of my face into her neck, "I've missed you." I pull away to gaze into her electric blue eyes before passing her to gaze at my little brother. A smile sweeps across my face as I gaze at him, reaching forward to ruffle his forelock with my muzzle. "You've grown a lot haven't you?" I stare down at Dezba and smile at her, "same for you, Dez." I'm pleased now that I know my family is okay.. but there's just one member missing. My smile's faded as I glance around, a hopeful tone to the single word I spit out. "Father?"

"blah blah blah."

ooc: <33
word count: 607

TwiWolf.deviantart.com
Lumibear.deviantart.com | Momotte2stocks.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
RE: high up above or down below [CIRCUTA] - by Destry - 02-03-2014, 08:31 PM