the Rift

[OPEN] What Is Just? [Egg Discovery]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

I touch my nose to my egg, careful to keep the spike on my nose from bumping the shell. Only soft and fuzzy things shall touch baby egg. It feels cool to the touch, and I feel my heart skip a beat. I'm not natural with eggs - what mammal is? But my gut says it shouldn't be cool. I open my maw and exhale on it, trying to warm it a little with my breath. Of course, alcohol-scented breath probably isn't the best for it. But I'm pretty sure it's gonna poison me anyway, so I guess we'd just be even. I think as loudly as I can to it. 'Don't die on me punk. You don't get to appear to me and then die. So, get warm and be strong.' I nuzzle it some more and keep breathing on it. Maybe if I lay on it...? No, too fat. Will crush it. I glance over at the stallion next to me as his voice screams across the short distance between us. My eyes widen a little bit. I may be drunk, son, but I'm not deaf. Am I? No, no I hear most of what people say to me. Unless I don't want to. 'Cause I'm drunk and have better things to do. Yeah. But what was going on again? Oh yeah, names. Voodoo, eh? "Voodoo, eh? You're not gonna go all witch doctor on me are ya?" I chuckle at my joke, because it IS a joke, but simultaneously move one of my forelegs to cover my egg. My baby. No touchy.

I move the attention back to our eggs. "So, Voodoo, what do you think these will hatch into? Mine isn't as pretty as yours, do you think it's defective?" I don't want to think it's defective, but how can something so ugly be healthy? Of course it doesn't occur to me that these eggs could hatch into different things. Why would they? How many frikkin' types of eggs could there be? I've never seen an egg look like either of these.. not that I have much experience. No matter what it is, I get the sense that it belongs to me. Belongs, but.. not like a possession. It's something I will love and cherish, as fiercely as I thought I would cherish my family. Something they never understood or were capable of. I could be the parent to this.. thing.. the way they were never parents to me. Not that.. I know how...

Parenting 101. Don't let baby die. Uh.... check?

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Voodoo - 02-04-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Rostislav - 02-12-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Voodoo - 02-13-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Rostislav - 02-14-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Voodoo - 02-15-2014, 10:52 PM
RE: What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Rostislav - 02-19-2014, 04:52 PM
RE: What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Voodoo - 02-19-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Rostislav - 02-24-2014, 11:20 AM
RE: What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Voodoo - 02-24-2014, 01:01 PM
RE: What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Rostislav - 03-01-2014, 04:21 AM
RE: What Is Just? [Egg Discovery] - by Voodoo - 03-02-2014, 11:35 AM