the Rift

[OPEN] The Art Of Killing Demons

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

I am at my end.
The shame is too great, the burden too heavy for my shoulders. I am at the point of breaking.

My body have never been so heavy as it was now and it took a great deal of energy just to take a step. The sound of hairs against stone had died and it had been replaced by my heavy breathing. Only a trail of blood remained on the wall after I passed and with it, my despair. The longer I went into the crystal labyrinth, the more I left everything behind.

I could feel the rocks tug at my flesh now, but I never stopped and moved away. I had to feel something..something else than the uncomfortable thunder in my heart. So I chose pain.

My head hung low on my neck and my gaze was empty. There was nothing left of the shy, kind stallion. He was dead. So what was I? His shadow? A ghost of someone that used to live, breathe and think? Am I..a memory?

I could not think anymore and neither could I move. All I was able to do, was raise my head and let it rest against the crystalline coldness as I let my breath out. I felt the pain still, so that was a relief. But, I had now given up yet. I would come back and prove to myself that I could not be killed off that easily. Whatever demons still lurked inside of me, I would kill them. I will kill them for you, Africa. It's always for you.

OOC: So yeah, anyone welcome :)

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

I am not sure why I’ve come back here. Despite its dazzling qualities this cave is by far the most unpleasant out of the whole network, in my opinion it is even worse than the pit. That total darkness at least has its uses. This place is good for nothing other than driving folk mad. I glare at the shimmering surface around me and my reflection within them, feeling an uncharacteristically sour mood setting in. I do not like looking at my reflection, I never have. Snorting in distaste I pull my eyes away and focus instead on the ground before me.

Now I remember why I am here; because I wanted to go to the pit and I was being lazy. This route is simply faster assuming I manage not to get lost. I wonder if the blue one is still aimlessly wandering the crisscrossing trails in this place and if he might guide me out should I step wrong. I wonder if the fledgling bird I found in the pit is getting along alright. I wonder if Elsiyum is feeling more herself yet. I wonder if Lena might teach me a thing or two about healing. And in amongst all that wondering, as always when I am alone, I miss Alejandro dreadfully and I see my ghosts out of the corners of my eyes.

Thinking myself alone I pay little attention to my surroundings, it is all just that dreadful crystal stuff anyway. I have rounded a bend and walked straight into a black wall of flesh before I realize how very wrong I was. My forehead comes solidly up against a warm flank and for a split second I stand still in confusion. Then it occurs to me that I ought to apologize.

“Um, sorry… I didn’t expect anyone to be there...”

Backing up slowly I go about changing course so as to continue on around him and only as an afterthought do I begin to wonder what this male is doing standing here with his rear in the middle of the path and his head pressed firmly against the smooth wall.

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

I had to find an anchor, so I don't float away into the darkness. This place, this situation was messing with my heaf in ways I can not predict. One moment I'm on top on the world, and in the next, I see no way out of the misery. I got to keep my focus on the things that matter. All else, I can forget.

So why do I focus on the wrong things? There is only one sould in this world that likes me for who I am, not what I wish to be, and she.. She is lost to me. Maybe that's why I keep on fighting the current I am in, and not let myself follow it? I should try that, one day.

I let out a sight just before somone walked right into my side. Instead of turning around and accepting the apology, I shifted my weight and just looked at the horse. It was a mare, something I knew before I saw her or even heard her voice. The smell that surrounds them makes a promise they will not keep. They promise you the world and a pleasure beyond imagination, but if you ask for it, they bite.

"Me neither" I answered and finally turned around so she could get past me. The place where the wall had tore up my skin, was smaller than I had expected, and it did not bleed that much. What a shame. "You can go past me now. I don't bite."

@[Mermaid]

[Image: NannaTable.png]
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

I am paying very little attention to him. My dislike of these particular surroundings is overwhelming my normally warm and friendly demeanor to the point of rudeness. Of course he is blocking the road and thus making himself an obstacle to my progress, however unintentionally. My own dark eyes return his empty-eyed gaze for a moment only before I resume the task of getting around him. A task that I quickly find to be impossible. Even as small and slender as I am there is not enough room between his ample rear and the next nearest wall to allow my passage.

With a defeated sigh I begin to back up assuming that I must now retrace my steps and find a different path. I resign myself to getting lost again as I only know one sure route through this irritating maze, that being the one this inconsiderate male is blocking. My sigh is followed by a grouchy snort and then all of a sudden the path is clear.

He doesn’t bite he says…

“Well neither do I!”

I snap back at him, the irritation finally showing.

“You are just… well... in the way… that’s all.”

Completely out of sorts now I stamp on by muttering a huffy ”thank you” as I do. Out of the corner of my eye I note the red smear on the wall and a stride or so past him my curiosity wins out. Turning my head I glare back over my shoulder.

“Why?”

Even I am not entirely sure if I’m asking why he was bleeding himself on the wall, why he was blocking the road, or why he let me by…

He does not deign to answer and so, after letting the silence drag out for a minute or two, I give a final derisive snort and turn my back on him for good. Well, for today at least... for all I know our paths will cross again.

It is time to get out of this hideous maze.

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE