the Rift

Colors. [open/Africa]

Naveen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My bulky legs continued to advance on. I was fatigued from excursion, very exhausted and almost deranged. At one point in time I swear I could auscultate something coming, even over the vigorousness of my humming. Although it couldn't be accurate, it had to of just been the breeze. I'm so rooted in speculation though, and so befuddled, I had yet to recognize the mare who just landed (crash landed perhaps) not to far off from the range I am traveling through.

Green eyes seized her, my nares broadened bringing in her aroma, and that was when I knew it was authentic. I'm not absent minded. Stop. I said to myself. Limbs hesitating, my one green hoof dangling in the air, skeptical of if I should truly wait on this being. Should I trust her? Should I run? And what is this thing that creeps beside her?
A bird, a beautiful bird. Fluttering about, questionable on what to do. Perhaps they were companions, very close to one another. (How silly to think, because we cannot speak to other animals, how would she connect with such a thing?)

Then she signals to me, I incline my head her way. Quietly contemplating to myself. I mean, I have no idea what to respond...

So I snort her way, then send an affectionate call back. Keeping a smile perched upon my lips, as I'm cowardly standing there like a statue. I had been anticipating the day I would meet someone again, to be able to be in the presence of another being was something so grand to me I felt I would never perform this way... but I am shocked. Astonished that she seemed to come out of the blue, and... alone. Where is her family? Is she too traveling alone because she abandoned home? Is she a cast away, a naughty awful mare that is only going to tease and trick me? All these questions soar through my head and not one of them can I answer. Instead, I break the silence with my words, "Greetings."

image credits

Messages In This Thread
Colors. [open/Africa] - by Naveen - 02-04-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: Colors. [open/Africa] - by Africa - 02-05-2014, 04:35 AM
RE: Colors. [open/Africa] - by Naveen - 02-05-2014, 03:22 PM
RE: Colors. [open/Africa] - by Africa - 02-06-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: Colors. [open/Africa] - by Cealestis - 02-06-2014, 12:57 PM
RE: Colors. [open/Africa] - by Naveen - 02-10-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Colors. [open/Africa] - by Africa - 02-12-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: Colors. [open/Africa] - by Cealestis - 02-13-2014, 08:46 PM