the Rift

[OPEN] Purification
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

There was little comfort to be had within an orb that balanced and more often than not rolled across uneven stone. He jostled around even as the weight of my power crushed in to hold said demon still, I could feel each frustrated thrust against his temporary barrier. It was humbling to know that this simple wave of tempered gold was all that stood between us and him, one wrong move, one misguided break in concentration and the whole thing could collapse--releasing the beast within to possibly wreak havoc on those within this hovel. Slowly we drifted toward the rumbling water, my feet slide along the slippery path. I shifted back without taking my gaze or attention from the levitating orb.

Yon waters hadn’t been tested, and we were still newborn to the information of their healing properties. I was playing from faith that our Lord Earth wouldn’t misguide or jest upon this situation. He wasn’t the sort to offer false intelligence, and nor would any among our ranks consider me a doubter. Even so, a quick and underbreath pray sprang from my lips toward our salvation. “Let this work. Save his soul if ye can, or kill quickly and spare agony.”

The trickling of water brought no comfort, only more anxiety. Ears drifted further back against my skull, mating with the warm perspiration that matted down the length of locks which trailed across my armored brow. Two small horns jutted up and glowed eerily when they caught the unnatural glow of nearby crystal. Said fountain room was large enough for me to circle round, placing the sphere directly at the head of our only form of mending.

Sweat had pooled beneath the plates of steel and slide across tense muscles, my energy was very nearly spent simply maintaining this amount of magic for so long. Heart thundered on, a rapid pace that would outmatch even the swiftest of our race—“Be ready,” I called to the loyal soldiers that stood by deaths hand. “Should this fail, kill him quickly. I want his head removed from shoulders, and the body burned.”

Magic began to weaken as I stepped round, hardened pools still ever fast on his shimmering domain. I rose it over the ledge of the water, attempting to settle him in a manner that would dump our violent company into a forced bath. The crumbling began at the bottom slowly, then quickly. Releasing the individual into the pool which he hovered above.

OOC: Midas just kinda dumped him in the water. XD

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Purification - by Déodat - 02-05-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: Purification - by Midas - 02-16-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: Purification - by Déodat - 02-19-2014, 04:11 PM
RE: Purification - by Midas - 02-22-2014, 10:33 AM