the Rift

[PRIVATE] I wear my heart upon my sleeve [Quinn]

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

"What have I done?"

The stallion sighed quietly, blocked out by assumptions his daughter was dead; taken by those demon wraiths. The haunting thought that he would never see her again, a burden he already carried from Dexter and Querida; now Nyx had fallen to this darkness. It seemed the light had been taken from his eyes, they were dull and empty. Once a vivid crimson, now pooled in emotional liquid that streams down his cheek. It had finally happened, the beast of once a dark reputation had broken. His black heart, bleeding in anguish as he stood off to the side, separated from the fellow survivors of the darkness; he didn’t wish to be around anyone anymore.

Perhaps it would just be better, for him to vanish from Helovia. There was nothing left for him here, where had their leadership been? Lace? Mirage? Had they gone and done the same cowardice thing and abandoned those left behind to the darkness in the Edge? It came without warning; no one gave us anything but ‘better run’. An eye turned to those in the distance, their laughter and thankfulness beaming upon their faces. Feeling disgusted, the black stallion moved further away, and into a room he hadn’t seen yet. Crimson eyes alight with a fiery glow as he gazed upon the ceiling. Carvings and impressions upon the ceiling seemed to tell a story of the Gods, and the horses they created and ruled over.

He paused, muzzle aimed to the ceiling as he wished that he could paint a store of his life; to paint a vision for the world on the destruction of Isilme; the wars that followed, the heartache, the blackness..

His eyes closed, velvet muzzle lowering down, as he pulled it close to his chest. Regret was too much, his heart was empty. Silently, the stallion contemplated leaving this place, to go out there and let the demons take his soul, so he could finally get what he deserved.

@[Quinn]

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

I've never been good at keeping myself angry. In the heat of battle or when things happen, I forget the feelings that made my blood boil like crazy just a second ago. And that's how I felt now. Of course I was still mad at Nato and my father for gambling with my life, but I was not angry anymore. I just could not understand why it had to be done. Who makes a bet where the prize is another life?

No, I did not want to think about it. It just made me feel..cheap. Almost like a common whore and I am no such thing. That's why I kept my head high and showed no emotions after the little 'talk' with Nato, Nyx and oh.. Mister Sexy Ass.

I've been exploring the caves for a time now, and just returned to the main chamber to find a quiet, horse-free place to rest. But, as caves goes, there is not much room when hoards of beasts gather. I let out a snort as I turned and ushed my body to the left. No voice came from the room and I almost gave out a sight in relief, but, as my eyes adjusted to the small light source in the ceiling.

And there he was, the one that I now should call my master or whatever. I almost expected him to greet me with one of his dumb comments, but as I looked closer, he seemed sad. I've never been good at emotions and to be there for others, so I almost wanted to turn around and sneak out again. My body would not listen thought, so I did not move as I thought of my other options.

"Something wrong, Tiny?" Okay, I should not have called him that, but hey, he was an asshole and if I let my guard down, he could drag me down with him. And that, I did not want.

@[Nato]

Hidden Account
Candy

He could feel time like a heartbeat, the seconds pumping in his breast like a reckoning. The luminous mysterious that once seemed so distant and unreal, threatening clarity into presence of a truth entertained not in youth, but only in its passage. He could feel these emotions as if their meaning were weight being lifted from him, knowing that she may feel them and share his burden, as he has come to trust no other. That she should know, that in his heart, look into it- finding there the memory and experience that belonged to her that is a comfort to him now as he feels the tethers loosen and the prospects darken for the continuance of a journey that began not so long ago. And which began again with a faith shaken and strengthened by your convictions, if not for which he might never have been so strong now. As he would cross to face her, and look at her incomplete, hoping that she would forgive him for not making the rest of the journey with her. It would only be then, that he could see her flawless face and know he had been forgiven and redeemed from loneliness.

Gentle foot falls cropped his ears to the sides, cranium still pressed against the wall. His body was tense, his muscles rippled with a sea of uneasy waves as the sound of clacking hooves echoed in his mind. A deep breath rattled his nostrils, obsidian threads streaming over his eyes and face to mask the tears he had shed. He wasn’t looking for company, but as cramped as these caves where he knew it was only a matter of time before someone came to his side in this moment of weeping. A silence coasted over the stallion, as he ripped his head off the cold cave wall; head turning slightly to gaze upon his visitor; her voice echoing off the rocks and into his ears. Quinn, after all that had happened at the falls, had decided to come say a rather intrusive greeting. Ink coated listeners laid back upon the black stallions’ crown, threads mingling over them as they rippled down his husky nape.

He had not forgotten their last meeting, how she poked and prodded about his man hood. Although, he had to had it to her; if someone would have gambled his life, he probably would have done the same. But alas, she was not punching out with obscene statements, just an inquiry on his current mood. Should he even bother telling Quinn his troubled heart is bleeding for the loss of his daughter? The beast doubted the pale faced mare wouldn’t care. Crimson pools awoke, the soft fire-light reflecting off them as he gazed into her crystal visionaries. "The demons took my daughter." His voice deep, mid-toned; broken; eyes closed as he lowered his head to the floor. Biting back tears, the stallion had never felt more alone in this world; and he was standing in a cave full of others. It was all he said to her, afraid to speak anymore should he spill his heart out to this mare. He had to get his head on straight, this darkness had taken Nyx, and casted a shadow of depression upon the beast.

@[Quinn]

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

Something had happened that I did not know about. He looked sad, and even more so when he turned his head to face me. I waited for his reply while my tongue rested in my mouth. No need to bring him down further. I walked the few steps that now separated us, when he said those few words that changed everything.

Nyx was no longer with us, at least not the way she used to. I could not help myself but wonder how she looked right now. It was hard, but my mind settled on one thing; If Nyx now was a Wraith, I would not face her. She was not someone I would face as a normal horse, and certainly not as a dead zombie-thing. Well, I could ponder about that later, for now I had my chance to unleash my vengeance upon this.. Damn it, I can't. As much as I hate my father and Nato right now, I am not heartless. To kick a man when he's down is far below my dignity and so is showing emotions. Well, screw the Hiria's and screw my father more. I am here now, even if I intent to leave one day.

What I did next, shocked even me; I lowered my head and let my maw trace along his nose, careful not to hurt him with any of my horns. "Lighten up, Big Boy. I am sure someone in the cave knows how to deal with Wraiths and who knows? It may even exist a cure." Damn me, I even smiled. What in the world have gotten into me?

Well, I was a little bit cold and hungry, but that was not enough to show this side. Did I care about him? No.. That would be bad, really really bad. I chose to believe that I had gone soft in this situation so that I could help. Yes, I could live with that. I was not a soft-hearted mare, just because I cared.

@[Nato]

Hidden Account
Candy

As far as the beast knew, there was no getting his daughter back. There was no way of knowing if she even existed in a broken down body. It was natural for the mind to assume the worst of situations; that her silvery skin would be loosely hanging from her bones, flesh rotting beneath it all. A cold numbing shiver coasted down his spine; he couldn’t do it anymore, Imagine her like this, alone in the darkness.

Crimson pools flash open as the touch of her velvet lips traced upon his muzzle. He does not gaze upon the glowing face of the mare, but keeps his eyes upon the dark cavern floor. While his muscles remained frozen in time, his mind wanted to jerk his head away, appalled to be touched by another woman; it was the touch itself that refrained his movements. As much as he hated it, it was soothing, comforting to be touched by another after so many years of being alone.

He couldn’t resist the urge to press his nose against her own, her offer of comfort was redeemed with a glance from his dim crimson pools. She spoke of the wraiths, a cure perhaps the mare was right, and a cure did exist and he had yet to find it. Perhaps he had done wrong, to call upon this mare as he had in front of the others. The stallion retracted his head and raised it back to its normal, noble height.

"I should have turned back." He breathed, his voice empty and void. "I should have turned and fought that wraith, maybe the others… maybe Nyx would be standing here with me." He finished, his voice fading into the blackness as he turned to look at her. "And I’ve failed her again." Lobes lay to their sides as he flashed back to the time when she was a young filly, darting in and out of her mother’s legs, Querida, what would you think of him now?

@[Quinn]

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

This was so weird. It felt like a moment ago, that he had looked at me as the price of a bet he did not want, and now, it all had changed. I could smell his heart thunder in his chest, desperately trying to hold his body alive, when his brain screamed of his downfall. I could not be heartless now, for I did care. Not much, but I cared.

He pulled his maw back after I had offered mine and the short encounter left me unsure, but as he once again held his head high, I remembered something my mother had told me, before she went away; Behind every great man, stands a great woman. Could I be that woman? Well, I could give it a try, for I had already realized that the stories I had heard of him, was true. What could I loose by trying?

"And what would have happened if you had stayed? You could be a wraith now, Nyx too. Who would save you then?" I cocked my head a little while I asked, not knowing how he would react. Did I speak the words too harshly?

I gave my head a shake and threw him a glance. "Whatever bad feelings you have for what you did, you should not have. You did the right thing. Now you have a chance to get her back, if you only pull yourself out of your misery. No one will do it for you, Nato."

It was the truth. I did not know much about his daughter, but I knew that a father would gladly gamble with his life if it could save her. Not mine though. My father never stepped in when I needed it, but rather told me to grow up. I did not like to admit it, but I was jealous. He cared for her, in ways that my father would never care for me. How did it feel like to be looked at as a person and not weapon that is for sale? I doubted I would ever be able to experience it, but the hope still lingered deep inside.

@[Nato]

Hidden Account
Candy

What had become of this once sinful beast? Perhaps as the time goes on and age takes its course, everyone pulls away from the grind stone, turning for the more mature; noble. Crimson visionaries rested upon the pale faced mare that seemed to show actual concern for him. A feint feeling of regret casted over his mind for ever taking a bet with her father; then he was young and arrogant. The mare was an obvious warrior; even those baby-blues couldn’t fool him of that. But as she spoke, a fire seemed to ignite in the demons eyes, what would have happened if he did stay behind? Glancing away, he did his best to bite his tough back behind closed lips. He wasn’t worried about himself anymore; he had lived a life- she had just begun. It should have been him to take that plague into his lungs, not her.

Deep vibrations in his chest echo off the painted walls as he snorted in disagreement. He wasn’t the one that needed saving, and at this point he didn’t think there was a way to save his daughter. Glancing back to the woman, the warrior shook his head lightly. "Is it even possible?" He questioned, twisting his head slightly. ”To cleanse her of these demons? If.." He paused, pinning his ears against his inky skull, swallowing his pride. . "If she is even alive.." He trailed off, letting his voice fall into the shadows. How pathetic he must have looked now. But how would you feel, if everyone you loved was gone, and you had nowhere else to go? The warrior felt totally alone, even in these crowded caves, even with Quinn standing next to him.

Maybe it was that closeness he missed having with another. It had been years since his heart beat skipped with another. His body ached for the touch, the comfort of another. But how could he admit this to anyone, to her without seeming like a needy colt? He sighed softly; tail flicking from side to said upon his massive haunches. He missed the moonlight; he missed the grass beneath his hooves. He missed Querida, but now she was nothing but a memory that lived through Nyx, that now, as far as he knew- was possessed, or worse..

@[Quinn]

Unregistered

"You won't know unless you try." I answered his question, trying to lay his concerns at rest, but I knew I was of little help. His mind was too clouded by not knowing if Nyx even walked this earth at this point. I let out a sight and looked him.

"Nato. I say this because I care for you well-being and because of Nyx; Get you ass moving and find a way to save her. You are just wasting time by feeling sorry for yourself. I can help you if you want, but you must do most of the work yourself, for if you don't do it, no one will."

I was done with treating him like a baby, for my reserve of soothing words had run dry. I knew he was in a bad place, but that was no excuse. If you have a problem, you deal with it before it eats you up from inside. It's not that difficult.

"So what do you say? Let's find someone who can help us with 'operation get Nyx back'." I moved away from him, but stopped when I reached the entrance to the room. I gestured with my head that he should follow me and I even had a smile on my face. "Let's go on an adventure!"

@[Nato]

No more dreaming like a girl
So in love with the wrong world
[Image: K20W2We.png]

OOC: something is wrong with the table, but it worked yesterday :(

Hidden Account
Candy

She wasn’t going to let up on his groveling it seems, though her words of encouragement were harsh, they held truth in them. He watched her, intently try his best not to let panic flood his mind, to let regret plague his soul anymore than it already has in his life. Her demands to get a hold of his self, made him feel coltish. As if he was being scolded by his mother for doing wrong. He was used to doing all the work, that she spoke of. She had no idea that his world had been devastated years ago. Things had changed, and the once towering defenses he had built up over the years, were crashing down right in front of him.

She spoke again, suggesting they seek help in finding a cure for Nyx. At the thought of that, another fear slammed the pit of his stomach like a bag of rocks. If he was able to cure her, how would she feel about his abandonment? He cringed to the thought, and lifted his head to watch Quinn walk over to the crevice of an opening to the room. She had a spark of energy in her eyes, her voice peppy- but demanding his company. An adventure at times like this wasn’t the first thing on his list. He would have to find time to grieve later, away from others and totally alone. The beast stood there, his legs glued to the floor as his mind fought his bodies choice to follow the mare.

Almost sluggishly, he pulled his hooves from the cave floor as if they were suction-cupped to the cold surface. The grasp of winter from the world above, took a toll below the ground as well. Snow and ice melting through the cave cracks and dripping along the walls; all of it a blur to him now as he did his best to fight back emotion, to simply follow Quinn to where-ever she pleased. "Lead the way." His voice was hollow, bored, as he walked up beside her and gazed into the darkness.

Nato
Image Credit