the Rift

[OPEN] Claustrophobia.

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

Having only heard about what is currently happening under the sky it has felt rather more like a dream than reality to me and I’ve been hesitant to believe. Still, skeptical or not I’ve yet to work up the courage to investigate for myself. Nasreen’s reaction confirms the truth of what I’ve heard and wipes any thought of venturing back above ground from my mind.

“So it really is true then… I hope it does not become a permanent state of affairs.”

Somewhere in the back of my mind lurks a hesitant confidence that it can’t possibly do so. After all I’ve already met an equine who claimed to have been cured of the infection by a healer, and since I happened to have first hand knowledge of that particular healer’s capabilities I find it very hard not to believe in the possibility of victory. With one such as Lena on the side of mortal life, how could the darkness possibly win?

Having allowed my gaze to wander as I faced the full impact of truth I bring my eyes to meet my companion’s again and nod reassuringly. Hopefully she did not catch the war of negative and positive thoughts that ran across my face a moment ago.

“I agree with you Nasreen, these caves as a whole are awful though you probably suffer for it more than I winged as you are. Safety in dark times tends to come at a price, but there are some redeeming features to the underground.”

In answer to her question about the depths of the caves I simply nod again. She will see the truth of that herself soon enough. Encouraged by her firm acceptance of my help I move forwarded taking the role of guide and leader to our little party of two.

“This way then, just yell ‘stop’ if you happen to spot your brother.”

Deciding that our quarry is more likely to be near food or water than in the drafty entrance cavern I move purposefully and briskly towards the passageway lit with a green glow. The rock ground softens as we go and by the time we exit the tunnel the floor feels almost like that of a real forest. My eyes sweep lovingly over the odd little luminescent trees and the blue fungal growths on their trunks. It is a strange place, almost a world of it’s own and I am quite sure that were there fairies in Helovia this is where they would make their home.

“And here is one of those redeeming features I mentioned, a gem you might say. I’ve heard called the glowing room, fitting don’t you think?”

I move further in and lower my head to grab a small bite of filmy grass which I chew and swallow quickly.

“This is the only cave that has anything even resembling food. I’ve sampled all of it, mushrooms included, and it hasn’t killed me yet. Really most of it tastes quite good. Go ahead and try some if you’re hungry...”

ooc: I though it might be easier to keep their exploration in this thread rather than hoping around to the other cave boards. Let me know if you'd rather switch to hopping though... :)

@[NASREEN]

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Claustrophobia. - by Nasreen - 02-06-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Nasreen - 02-10-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Mermaid - 03-01-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Nasreen - 03-07-2014, 03:09 AM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Mermaid - 03-11-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Nasreen - 03-19-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Mermaid - 03-23-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Nasreen - 06-11-2014, 04:34 AM