the Rift

[OPEN] it is time

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Had I gone crazy? I didn't know. I just didn't know.
My mind was spinning around in circles within the skull's bone, giving me only headache. The death of Azzaron had taken it's toll on me by now. Five days, since he died. Five fucking days. And it felt like none. It felt like it had happened only a few hours ago. His golden feathers that were woven into my mane rustled against my poll, making it even harder for me to forget about him. My Azzaron, my ruby, my dead mate. Why was my life such a misery? Why... Why was I still alive? A normal mare would've killed herself by now. She would've killed herself a long time ago. But no, nooo, not me. I just had to stay alive and enjoy this hell of a life. If you could even call it a life. It was fucking hell itself.
My life had never been easy and I know that I was a fucking crybaby for even nagging about it, but it was true. My dearest mother had died when I was only a few weeks old, my father hadn't fucking cared whatsoever, the herd had bullied me and abused me in every way. Then I came here, in hope that everything bad would be gone. But no. My new fucking home had been taken away from me within only weeks, I had been stolen and put in a cave while I was pregnant, I had been tricked into leaving my mate, then I had been forced to leave the herd, my mate and my daughter because of that fucking Mauja. The fucking King of Assholes. Maybe it was the pain talking, but I didn't know. I only felt pain. Sadness. Misery. But I didn't know.
I neither knew or cared anymore.

As I walked through the tunnels in this weird sanctuary, my necklace bumped against my bruised chest. On a thin, black thread was the amulet. A useless blue crystal, with it's backside covered by silver, had been given to me by one of the friendly spirits that we surprisingly enough met outside of Helovia. It was a lucky charm, which I called fucking bullshit. It was pretty, and matched my eyes - she had said. I only kept it because of that, because lucky charm my ass. I sighed and lowered my head, letting it hang close to the ground. This place felt so empty, even if I had my - almost - whole family here. Dezba walked beside me, quiet with her gaze forward. Another sigh. I felt that she listened to my thoughts and was disappointed, but I did not give a fuck right now. All that existed was the pain and the sorrow, filling me up inside until I was ready to burst. Bloody slashes mixed with bruises across my black hide stung and burned, as if I was on fire, but I knew that it wasn't real. Or was it? Right now, the pain was the only thing that mattered. I didn't even give a fuck what anyone thought of me right now. I didn't care if they saw the tears in the blue orbs I used to see, I didn't care if they noticed the feathers resting upon my poll and recognized them as my lover's.
I didn't care.

When I rounded the wall from the Sanctuary's entrance, where I had spent the most of my time just walking around staring at the floor, I saw a foal. It looked like it was around six months old, but what did I know. He was about the same size as Azarel, if not a little buffer and more muscular. Upon his withers sat a white dragon, a young one. It reminded me of Fajira and I took a step back, closing my eyes at the painful memory of Lace. Was my friend still alive? Dezba gave a little meow - I could tell from her mental images of Lace and us together that she was trying to comfort me - and my attention was directed to the colt again.
He was talking to someone and I stood still to listen to the conversation. It was a bit sneaky of me, but who the fuck cared? "What happened to you?" It was the colt. I hadn't seen whom he was talking to, but I automatically guessed that the opponent was wounded. Another victim of the wilderness outside Helovia? Dezba went ahead of me and sat fully visible to the two equines, giving me mental images of them.

The colt had a dark coat with white shoulders and front legs, and even a horn in his forehead. Or was it two horns? A white dragon sat upon his withers, seeming to dislike the opponent that they faced. I raised a 'brow at it. Who the hell were they talking to? Dezba turned her head and let me see through her electric orbs. This was something we had trained for, a lot. It helped lots when you were keeping watch for enemies.
White. The horse that the colt was talking to was white, decorated all over the body with black spots. It also was blessed with a frosty blue horn which penetrated from it's forehead right between two bright blue eyes. No. No, it couldn't be. It just couldn't. The reply on the otherhand said otherwise. The reply from the white unicorn made my insides turn twirl around. "I got stuck up on the surface a bit longer than was healthy." No. No. NO. What had I ever done to the Gods to make them hate me like this? He was down here. HE, was here.
He, the one who had made me leave my mate when he needed me. HE who made me leave my daughter, when she was still young and needed her mother to survive. He. The King of Assholes.
Mauja.

I couldn't stay out of sight anymore. Quickly, I rounded the corner and stared blankly at Mauja. My desired gave up a small roar as I surprised her with the sudden movement. The glowing mushrooms that were lighting up the room hurt my eyes, but they soon got used to the fluorescent light. "Why... Are... You.. Here?!" I growled, hoping to possibly interrupt the Fallen King. He was the reason for the hope I had felt when I first came here and he was the reason that I was miserable now. Amazing how many things that could happen within the lapse of a few years... How many opinions that could change within only a few months. "Mauja. The Fallen King of the Unicorns." A smile decorated my dark lips and I laughed a little, feeling the psychotic thoughts attack the back of my mind again. They had been coming a little now and then, but now - in front of the stallion I had promised to take out my revenge on - I felt them clearly. "Mauja the Fallen Ice King... Oh my Gods, I feel like laughing. Imagine, after all this time, we finally meet again. Isn't it a bit ironic? When the world is ending, we are forced together into the same place. Isn't it ironic that you seemed to have escaped death... when death is all you deserve?" Another step closer. Dezba stood by my side, glancing up at me. 'Delinne. Calm down. Don't let the thoughts take over.' I looked down at the dark jaguar, raising a 'brow at her. 'Why?' I asked her, but I never received a reply. She just looked back at me, and then back at Mauja.

A smile decorated my lips again, a smile a bit too wide to be considered friendly in this situation. "Heh, have you missed me, King? I sure haven't missed you. You know, I was all alone for a few months after you forced me to leave all alone. Did you know that? But then Azzaron escaped and met me in the Deep Forest. Oh, Azzaron... He's dead by the way." The last words were said with a hiss mixed with a growl, my eyes were dark with hate. I took another step forward and felt the ground change from stone to something softer. I glanced down quickly and noticed it was darker. Moss. I locked my gaze on the white crossbreed again. Tears started to burn in my eyes and I felt one fall and dabble the cut on my cheek. "Azzaron is dead... And we could've had more time together if it wasn't for you." My voice was a lot darker than usual and my throat vibrated with every word. This fucker... He was the reason I was miserable. If he had not imprisoned Azzaron, he would've been strong. Maybe even alive.
'Calm down. Mauja is sick with fever. Can't you see that?' Against my will, Dezba forced me to see Mauja through her eyes. She saw a sick, unstable stallion who was eating moss. I saw my enemy. 'I don't care, Desired. He... If it hadn't been for him, Azzaron could still be alive. Life for a life.'
Growling, I stared at Mauja and waited for a reply. Now, it was his turn to speak.

"Talking."

ooc: .... Psychotic Delinne.
word count: 1539

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Messages In This Thread
it is time - by Mauja - 02-09-2014, 10:06 AM
RE: it is time - by Abraham - 02-09-2014, 11:11 AM
RE: it is time - by Mauja - 02-11-2014, 05:49 AM
RE: it is time - by Delinne - 02-13-2014, 03:15 AM
RE: it is time - by Abraham - 02-22-2014, 02:43 PM
RE: it is time - by Mauja - 02-22-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: it is time - by Delinne - 02-23-2014, 01:34 PM
RE: it is time - by Circuta - 02-24-2014, 05:47 AM