the Rift

New grounds [Anyone]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
The calming sound of birds over my head made me slow down. I was a bit tired from the long journey, since I had galloped almost all the way.
I trotted on the soft earth underneath my hooves, and thought to myself that this was a very very beautiful place.
The trees reached up high to the blue sky above, and the tree crowns almost isolated the ground below them. I admired the foliage, as it made the sun rays drop funny-looking shadows. I held my head high and started to trot a little faster. My black coat shimmered, though it was sweaty and some spots of hair on my pitch-black body were curled up by all the sweat.
The wind that had cooled down my body through my nostrils hadn't done such a good job with my coat. I was proud of it otherwise, but now it looked like a mess.

I realized that I had to find water, like a lake or something that resembled to a lake. But the high trees and the grimy ground didn't seem to end. I slowed down again, and looked around. My dark blue eyes glistened every time a sun ray got the chance to shine my way.
It seems like I am alone, I thought and got my body walking again. The muscles moved under my skin with every step I took, and my wavy mane moved as well with the motions.
The horn in my forehead shone a bit and showed that the magic within wanted to come out and become useful. But useful powers was nothing I had right now. I needed water, to cool down my body and to drink myself un-thirsty.

And I also needed something else.
Company.

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

Of all to arrive in the threshold and supply company and a convincing argument to join the Tuuli, Xira was perhaps the worst. Yet as she touched white hooves to the ground at the forests edge and curled in her wings, she found herself drawn to go onward. It was Andash, that cursed Stallion- he'd shown her a light and benefit in friendship, and now she found herself testing its waters. She wasn't sure if it was possible with anyone else, and she wasn't sure she wanted it. Would the same weakness she had felt for Andash flow over her at each meeting of a stranger? The thought tugged at her mind and left her worried.

Gliding beside her even in the thin Tallsun air, Kye seemed to sense the distress of her master. The young falcon occasionally flew in closer and let her wingtips brush Xira's thickly furred neck in a gesture of affection and concern. Yet still, each time the bird spoke by sending choppy messages to the roan's consciousness, her words seemed cold. Stop, Kye repeated constantly, Xira fine. The only issue was the roan was far from it.

Kye's beak clamped down on the thick mane of her master, and she suddenly and sloppily banked so that she fell onto Xira's back. At once the roan ceased her monotonous step and lifted her crown to survey the surroundings- in the distance she saw the figure of a stunning unicorn. Even from afar she could see her figure like a silhouette- black and blocking the Threshold's bright sun. With never-ending curiosity, the green roan began to approach the mare, a mischievous smile upon her lips and a cocky air about her.

"New to helovia then? she said as she approached, fidgeting her wings and flickering her ears. "I'm Xira and this is Kye, the roan began by way of introduction before casting the thick creature an upwards glance of expectancy. What was she to call the beast if she'd never heard her name?

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
A voice made me jump, and I looked up just in time to see a flying equine land in front of me. A pegasus, a... Green. Pegasus. I blinked twice to make sure I didn't hallucinate.
Where I came from there only were unicorns, and a few regular horses - but I've never seen a pegasus before. I cleared my throat, and listened to her words. This place was appearently called Helovia, which was a pretty fitting name to this place.
Yes, I'm new here. I've traveled a far way to come here, though I did not know the name of this wonderful place until you spoke. My name is Delinne, I said to the stranger that called herself Xira. I looked at the bird on the green roan pegasus' back. It was a falcon, though it seemed young.
My ears were turned forwards, curious as I could be. I was always curious around strangers. The mischievous smile worried me though. Who was this pegasus behind the mask?
I whipped my tail, as if a fly annoyed me. This mare worried me deeply.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Too many times in too few days, too much strain, too much sun shining on his back even though the nights bore the crispness of autumn; had some calamity happened outside of Helovia's borders, to force so many to wash into their land so suddenly? The influx had him on his toes, walking back and forth between his home and the Threshold all day, afraid a unicorn would slip past the Edge's net and take up residence elsewhere. Being the King, it was his duty, his responsibility, to frequent the Threshold in search for new blood - if his herd chose to help him or not was up to them, and even so, it was hard to beat him to one of the horned ones since he practically lived here these days. Even so, it annoyed him, because he much preferred the night's coolness of the Edge. Sighing, he shook his head again, pacing through the trees. What would he find today? Every few steps he swung his head to look around, drew air deep in through his nostrils and sampling it, looking for foreign scents. And when he found one, he'd set out, check it out, evaluate - discard, or investigate?

He had zoned in on one such scent now, sunlight dappling his already spotted body and darkening the white with grimy sweat. Snorting, he caught the whiff of Pegasus and set off at a trot, not wanting to lose his prey to one of them. And as such, Mauja slid around a bush and found himself facing a mare of similar build, and another mare he wished he'd never see again. Before he could stop himself, his ears fell back in annoyance - but he was, after all, entitled to it. Green bitch had tried to ambush him and drag him off to the Throat once. He gave her one long look of dislike before turning his full attention to the black mare, showing the more mainstream traits of their bloodlines - interestingly enough, she was broken up with stripes of white, creating an intricate, mesmerizing pattern across her body. Mauja nodded his head in greeting, sunlight sparkling in the frost crystals upon his horn. "Welcome to Helovia. I am Mauja," he introduced himself, darting another glance in the green monster's way. They'd certainly poured salt in his wounds when they'd taken his daughter, but fortunately for them, Kri had enough brains to hand Snö back unharmed. Still, it didn't sit right with the FrostHeart. He schooled his face into icy stillness; warmth entered his eyes only when he looked at the black mare, warmth she was entitled to simply because she was kin. "If you happen to seek a home, sister, my herd would be more than glad to shelter you."
night-fate-stock -- dreamofsandman -- deirdre-T -- deviantart.com // i-mi.deviantart.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
The voice of another creature made me turn my head the way it had come from, and to my surprise a stallion had approached.
Not only was he a stallion, he was a unicorn. I eyed him and only the fact that he was a unicorn made my legs move slowly towards him. I glanced back at the pegasus, and felt the shivers across my shoulders.

My eyes glanced the unicorns way once again and if I could've smile properly, I would've.
Hello Mauja, I started and took a good look at him again. He was a very handsome stallion. Then I cleared my throat and spoke again:
My name is Delinne, and yes, I would be honoured to seek shelter within your herd. I've traveled far, and my body is tired. Thank you for your hospitality, brother.
I decided to give him the same coin when it came to titles, and I looked at him.

I trotted closer to him, and was happy to have found someone friendly.

Sierra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sierra
The Adventure Begins Here

The mare landed softly, folding her wings up and beginning to walk. She had just returned from her journey from the Veins of the Gods and was tired, she needed a place to stay for the night.

The mare began her search for a tree to sleep under. She wandered further, deeper into the Threshold. She heard voices coming from further away.

She began to wander towards the voices. There she saw a white stallion with black spots and feathering. His horn appeared to be ice. The mare looked at the other two horses. One was a pegasus, a green pegasus. The mare looked at the last horse. It was a black unicorn with white stripes here and there, and feathering around the hooves. She bowed her head before the three."Do you happen to know a nice spot I could rest? I just flew back from the Veins of the Gods and I'm quite tired."The mare's words were soft and hopeful.

She looked at the three. The two unicorns had muscular features, like draft horses, while the pegasus was short compared to the unicorns.

The mare tucked her wings tighter to her body, her nostrils sucking up the scents of the three equines before her. She looked at the ground, small flowers sprouting out of the ground around her hooves along with the other equines' hooves.

Action
Thought
Speaking

Xira watched with frustration as Mauja arrived on the scene, his head held high and his form simply exuding pride. She couldn't help but let a corner of her lip rise in distaste as he approached, but she did her best to quell the temper. After all, she'd come here for a reason, and the ice king wasn't it. "Mauja," she roan greeted with a firm look of stubborn pride. She wasn't one to dip her head to the likes of him, especially when he hadn't even dared to speak to her. Perhaps he was remembering with something other than fondness their little scrape earlier.

She watched with a sort of hopelessness as Delinne wandered towards Mauja and away from her. It appeared racism was bound in the blood of many. "The Tuuli of the Dragon's Throat would also be more than happy to provide a home for you, Delinne. We are open to those of all walks of life, regardless of race. Segregation has no place in the herd," she said as firmly as possible while all the while wondering if the cause was hopeless. Upon her back Kye pecked at her neck and pulled at her chestnut curls. Pointless, the creature murmured into Xira's mind.

From behind came a sound, and instantly the roan turned to face it. The fellow pegasus asking for a home was a welcome sight- perhaps she wouldn't be useless after all. The pretty little grey sought shelter, and Xira was at last able to provide it to a willing party. "The Tuuli would welcome you as well, Mare. I am Xira of the Dragon's Throat- should you wish to join our ranks you would have permanent shelter," she spoke, sounding official and doing her best to drop her droll tone of voice. She wasn't going to let them all know that she cared less about herds and all of this, she was going to bring them home. Well, except Mauja. She'd already tried that once before, and it hadn't ended well.

With a heavy sigh and a toss of her head, she let her thick mane flip over her crest and fall out of her eyes. She took a few easy steps back and shuffled her wings, anticipating the next movement with held breath. The situation was a tense one, with Mauja and Delinne on one end, the newcomer another, and her all alone.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Well well well.. At least she had the decency to greet him, something he found himself unable to replicate, simply because he did not know by which name she went. His eyes narrowed a fraction as they focused on her, and he gave her a curt nod of recognition. If she'd planned her little ambush better, and had had more back-up, perhaps things would have played out differently; as it was, he'd come out as victorious as one could, and not dragged away unconscious into that blasted desert they called home.

While seeing Xira again wasn't pleasant, seeing the unicorn mare come closer was. "Hello Mauja," she began to say as she moved closer. It pleased him - she was doing a good choice, coming his way. A soft smile, much like newly fallen snow blanketing the strong crust, crept onto his face, pulling at the corners of his mouth. Delinne she called herself, and at her name, he gave another slightly nod of his head. Xira just had to butt in though, but it was with icy amusement that he listened to her, not letting a shadow of annoyance flit across his pale countenance. The Tuuli - was that what they called themselves? Useful information indeed, and she tried to paint her own herd in the colors of the multicultural. Well, if the horned ones wanted to gallivant around with others, they were welcome to do it in the Throat or Foothills - but if they desired the company of their own kind, they were more than welcome to seek it in the Edge. "Pleasure meeting you, Delinne," was as far as he got, intending to say more, when a gray-colored mare came their way. Large wings were folded by her sides, and she, too, asked for shelter. Well - Xira was more than welcome to have her. Mauja gave a nod to the newcomer as well, though, not wishing to seem impolite. "Welcome to Helovia, miss. I'm sure you'll find your stay in the Throat pleasant. Anyway, Delinne, shall we? I'm sure my brethren are eager to welcome you." With a smile upon his face he reached out to give the mare's warm neck a nudge, before beginning to walk in the direction of home, the Edge. After a few paces he stopped to check she was following, and if she was, he would lead her towards their home.

( if Delinne follows him, he leaves with her to go to the Edge, and if not, I'll post again next round. ^^ )
night-fate-stock -- dreamofsandman -- deirdre-T -- deviantart.com // i-mi.deviantart.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
I glanced quickly at the new pegasus that'd arrived, and turned my head to the green roan named Xira as well. I had a feeling that the pegasus species weren't the ones to become my favorite ones.
Though the new one seemed nice, I had no thoughts of staying and be-friend the mare.

After listening to the exchange of words between the equines, I turned my head to Mauja once again and my eyes shone a bit brighter when he spoke. He was polite, which differed him from the other stallions where I once had lived.
I rose my head higher and as I came closer, my eyes were full of respect for this stallion. As I watched him, I started to notice small things about his appearance. His horn was impressive, and looked like it was made of ice. My eyes searched for his, and I prepared to speak.
"It's a pleasure meeting you too, Mauja", I said and smiled as much as I could. It wasn't much, but it was visible.

My ears pointed to him as he spoke, and I nodded - almost unnoticeable.
I was a little surprised though when he touched my neck with a small nudge, but I didn't walk away from him.
As he turned away and started to move in the direction to the home of his herd - I just guessed - I followed him. I was starting to trust this unicorn stallion.

(I follow you :3)

Unregistered

Sierra

The mare looked at the stallion called Mauja. Then to the other pegasus."I will come with you, Xira of the Dragon's Throat."The mare replied to the winged equine. She had passed Dragon's Throat when she was flying back from the Veins of the Gods. It was perfect for her. She walked to the pegasus Xira. Bowing her head, she spoke. "I am Sierra."The mare looked at the two unicorns.

She would've loved to stay and talk with the other mare, but she wanted to go to Dragon's Throat.

The mare turned to Xira.
"Shall we go to Dragon's Throat?"The mare waited for Xira to answer her.

She looked at the trees, the sky barely visible from the leaves. The leaves swayed when the wind blew, the trees danced to the wind's silent music.

The mare felt the small rocks protruding from the earth poke into her hooves. She moved away from the patch of rocks and walked closer to Xira. She was now five feet from the smaller pegasus.

Action
Thought
Speaking

The dirty rat had done it again; with distaste she watched as Mauja turned and left with the foolish and spineless mare in tow, following him like a good, obedient mare. The sight was despicable, those participating in it instantly marked as foul. Xira despised this herd life even as she actively supported it- she wished with a sudden urgency to turn to Sierra and tell her to run as far as possible from the scene.

But the chestnut had a certain amount of loyalty, even to the most unworthy of causes, and so she remained. She folded her wings tightly at her sides and said nothing to the unicorns as they departed, even as Kye whispered words of hate into her mind. Instead the roan snorted and turned to face Sierra fully and appreciate her form. The gemstone around her neck was captivating, but Kye merely shrugged it off as foolish decoration. Still, no one wore something such as that without it having significance to them. Xira almost asked but held her tongue when the reason for being in the threshold was brought back to light.

"Yes, Sierra, we should be on our way. Before we go, however, there is a brief matter to attend to- that of ranking," Xira said, remembering boredly the proper manner of introducing one into a herd. "Members of the Tuuli may either be Crafter's Apprentices, Soldiers, Medics, or Informants," she spoke cooly, "whichever path you choose is yours to take."

Unregistered

Sierra

The mare looked back at Xira."Being a soldier would allow me to give back to my herd. I shall take the path of a soldier." The mare's tone was strengthened, and she watched the two unicorns walk to the west, towards the frosty and frozen Edge. The mare then turned back to face the green equine."Shall we begin to the Throat now?"The mare was anticipating their departure. The mare's wings were itching to fly her to her new home.

The mare wasn't wanting to stay in the forest. She wanted to fly, to soar above the forests and the non-winged horses. To touch the clouds. To let the earth drift away from her hooves. Her haunches twitched. She then looked back at the green winged mare, waiting for her answer.

Word Count: 133
OOC: To the Throat!

Action
Thought
"Speech"

It was disgusting, really. The mare was even being selfless, giving up her life to be a soldier for a herd she'd only just become a part of. Xira found the act frustrating, but there was nothing she could do about it now. She had recruited the creature, and now she had to lead her home. "Very well, a soldier you shall be," the roan said in a formal tone that was deceptively pleasant, but had hidden undertones that betrayed her mocking intent. Kye whistled with pleasure as her master regained some of the spark and spunk in her attitude. The little falcon was soon off and flying away, anticipating her bonded's next action and wanting to hurry things along quickly. Xira herself could see in Sierra that she was itching to fly and leave the threshold. For some reason, while Xira was hoping to do the same, her desire was not to do so in this pegasus' company.

Sierra mentioned returning to the throat with the implication that Xira would accompany her, and the green roan felt a sickening lurch at the thought. No, she'd rather have carried on a conversation with Mauja than continued to pretend she cared about this odd herd dynamic. "The herdlands are due south from here," Xira began with a preparatory extension of her wings and a cold look emanating from her navy blue orbs. The chestnut mare began to walk away from Sierra and beat the ground with heavy white hooves. "You can make it just fine on your own," Xira declared suddenly and with a parting cloud of dust. Soon the mare in the threshold was left behind her and she was galloping away, beating her wings down against the air and whistling to call her companion to her side. This would be a silent and lonesome journey- just how she liked it.

[[And Xira parts. I am absolutely swamped so I won't be able to fit in another thread for these two at the Throat, but I'm sure someone would love to rp with Sierra, and I would as well next time I'm not as busy. <3]]