the Rift

Winter BattleBorn

Hawkeye Posts: 34
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Winter, a time when a cold death seems to make everything living hibernate from its crisp cold finger tips. From the trees moans of anguish, their creaking bark grinds against the grain as the wimple winds like the breath of angels, kissed against them. Some found the snow to be a burden of life, just the ending of a cycle, before the beginning of a new. To others it was pure excitement, something new, blistering and beautifully tedious. As most animals have hidden for their winter slumber and what little leaves clung to the naked trees in spite of winter; a few creatures still lurked within the forest.

Obsidian spanned wings dipped in ivory beat like war drums at the admirals’ side. Although in flight, the silver soldiers massive cannons pumped below him with elongated strides, perfect balance against the direction of the winds. Golden eyes, gazing upon the howling timbers below as the snow storm did its damage. White powder icing along his coat and muzzle as he did his best to keep a strong focus on his bearings. Upon spotting a good spot for a rather vertical landing, he locked his wings ajar and fully extended, banking right and curving hard against the harsh winter winds.

The sound it made, when he sliced through the air was a powerful statement. Pegasus’ were the best combat weapons ever made, at least to him. Golden cloaked daggers tucked to his chest, as haunches extended down to the earth. Wings giving two final pumps, before he placed himself in a firm stance upon the surface snow dusted earth. The blaze faced grey shook his wings to rid of the ice and snow, stretching them one final time before closing them tightly to his sides; acting as a shield against the cold.

With natural caution, he pushed his cannons to fire against the snowy forest floor. Golden weapons leaving their imprints in the snow depths as ink pillars carried him out of the harsh winter winds. Twin peaks stand at attention upon his crown, listening to the hissing sound of the snow as it danced across the drifts. He had come, not only to explore but to find shelter and hopefully some sort of nourishment for the winter. Silken fibers danced and mingled with the winds upon the curvature structure of his thick neck; handsome visage elevated with a noble elegance as he gazed into the darkness with glowing golden hunter eyes.

Steam rolled from his nostrils, as he took in the scent of no one. It was all to still, to calming, to lonely. He seized his motions, and snaked his plush black muzzle to the ivory slush at his feet. Pink tongue slid to nip upon the fallen snow, thirsty from his long flight; the cold hit his throat like an unwanted pain, but his thirst conquered his efforts to avoid it. Still munching upon the fallen snow, flecks of ice pellets dotting his lips as he shook the snow free from his body with a mighty shake; ruffling the feathers at his side.

A strange scent carried on the winds around him, he froze and tossed his head back to its full height, visage shifting and gazing through the shadows. His wings slightly pulled away from his rib cage, parted in a half open stance should anyone come charging. "Hello?" He questioned the shadows, golden eyes remaining fierce as they searched for someone, or something. But to no avail, it must have just been a distant traveler or some rodent. Rolling his shoulders, the grey glittered beast retracted his wings, and lowered his head continuing his feast upon the snow.

Image Credit
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Fina soared on ahead, her brilliant wings a crying difference from the bleak grey cold that surrounded us. Wind seemed to be pulling from all directions as we left the warm volcanic den to find frostfall already in full swing. Having hidden in that cavern for longer than desired, my wings ached for heaven—even if the sky was full of freezing flakes and jaw shattering winds. The pelts we wore were of little protection against this harsh weather, I was a desert soul, better adapted for warm tropics instead of this dark sickness that seemed to invade even the untainted winter. Teeth clinched and ears fell back, I steeled myself against the wind and didn’t complain even as my feet tucked further toward chest in an attempt to warm tender insides.

Distant clouds consumed the whole of Helovia, I didn’t travel toward them. Knowing gave way to reason that only death would be found in reward for my efforts of travel should I choose to fly in the darkness. Instead our flight took us higher, up and over the drifting death below. We came into the Threshold, Helovia’s last fragile foothold. Some strange, old, magic held this place in check. With a relieved sigh that curled into the air and was swept behind, we willingly ventured closer. Inspecting the blanket of timber that seemed vacant of life.

I couldn’t help but wonder what poor souls still took refuge in those trees. My phoenix dove for lower ground, her eyes flashing toward the purpose of hunting. Instead of following, my first reaction was to hang back; that was until gaze took note of an individual that stood with mouth grazing the snow. In the swirling snowfall it was hard to tell at first if said stranger was one of the infected, “Hail brother and good eve!” I called with a surprising amount of strength despite the clicking of teeth.

Leaning forward my wings pitched toward either side, successfully pushing frame toward earth. I extended and hovered well above his grounded reach. Silken tendrils, filled with frost lashed coldly against my patched shoulders and the cold steel that lay dormant, “Ye would be wise to not linger in these woods for long. An evil fills this land and it consumes all who venture forth.” My cry swam above the whistling breeze for him to either dash or heed.
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hidden Account
Candy

Winds seemed to blur out any possibility to hear forthcoming danger. The steel solider found his body growing cold, and he knew shelter must be found or the shadow of death would loom over his very being. Interpreting the thought of being cold and lifeless, he seized his plush mug from the patch of white and riffled the feathers at his sides. It was lonely and quiet, save for the howling winter wind bursts that frosted the moisture and sweat upon his ribs. Even the healthiest and strongest of soldiers would eventually succumb to the harsh winter storms relentless force.

Out of the winds, a voice sliced through them like a dagger to his lobes. His heart raced, startled as he turned on a pivot to the direction of its host. A fiery creature, a legendary phoenix appeared like a dull glow in the sky, but an even larger shadow emerged through the haze of the storm. Golden eyes narrowed to see through the falling snow, as another Pegasus form hovered into view. Dual toned feathers extended at his side, arching up and spreading out, horizontally level so the winds did not catch them so harshly. Lobes perked, though painful to face into the direction of the blistering winds, he remained attentive and focused on his brethren.

He spoke of danger, and his tongue was all too familiar to his heritage. The dapple knight couldn’t help but notice the hooves of his brethren were also dipped in gold. A spark in his chest ignited as he sprung forth, perhaps not knowing better. The joy laced with determination in his eyes as he pumped his wings like the beats of steady drums and rose from the powdered floor of the forest. The trees limbs reaching out and grazing upon his snow dusted wings as he emerged from the treetops. Tresses normally silky and fibrous retained weight from the snow and ice, and hung stiff upon his curved nape.

”Greetings Brother!” Baritone vocals shouted above the storm as he neared the stallion with excitement; but yielded caution. Visionaries of gold glancing over the warriors body, noting the armor-like collar that he bore around his neck. It was gold, just like the armor back home, the markings, the hooves. Lobes lazed to the sides, as a shiver shook his body back to the reality of what was at stake. The painted warrior had mentioned danger, and in the moment of excitement the stallion had almost forgotten.”I shall heed your warning m’lord. Where can a soldier rest from the danger and cold?” He questioned, not as a demand but as a hope, doing his best to let a smile creep upon his blazed lips. Massive dual toned wings beat at his sides, golden hooves tucked back as his legs pulled closer to his body for warmth.

@[Midas]

Image Credit
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The stranger readily climbed to meet me, I leveled out and held firm. It became quickly obvious that said individual wasn’t among those that had been stricken; even with the mask of snowfall no sign or smell of taint rotted his body. Those powerful feathers drew apart, a dark bluish black that glimmered against an alabaster background. His gaze locked into mine without withdraw, judging in their own way the weight and measure of whom was giving advice. Fina shrieked, an announcement of a successful kill in the distance. Her cry rose toward heaven, before being blown away by wind to echo in the far off hills.

Skillfully the ivory male levitated and returned my greeting with similar tone. My gaze drifted toward his golden daggers for only a moment before blinking back to the honeyed pools that took a fair resemblance to mine. He posed a question toward safety. Had my teeth not been chattering behind clamped jaws I might have offered the lad a humorless smile. “Aye,” I replied quickly, patched neck twisting toward the horizon and crown following. My phoenix came soaring out of the treeline, her streamline body a brilliant comfort in this bleak hell. Her arrival was all the cue I needed to get the heck out of dodge. Right appendage dipped down until I’d banked sharply back toward the direction of home.

South.

“I’ll lead thee to the only place for any living creature to rest its head.” He could either follow or stay and freeze. Fina passed us both, talons clinching a furry beast that was nearly half her size. Likely some snow-hare that simply wasn’t quick enough to leap back into his hole.

OOC: So sorry this took so long XD
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hidden Account
Candy

The cold was biting against them now; he could feel his teeth grind in anguish, begging for the warmth of his lips to feel the morning sun. There was hardly any light in the darkness, only the reflection of the alabaster snow against the midnight pine painted the lands below. A cry from the phoenix echoed in the distance, a chilling shrill from his flame kissed companion. It was to cold to ask questions now, of where he had gotten this mythical creature, did he befriend it, or it him? He could ask later, and shrugged the thought as the hell-fire bird boomed past.

Vision of gold remained upon the painted warrior, so eager and happy to trust another equipped with a pair of wings. His smile forced upon his lips, if not frozen there by now as he eased back as the painted one turned to the south. The voice of the stag fluttered in his ears as he did his best to listen and obey; if this place was dangerous, aloft with the undead, he didn’t want anything to do with it. For now, all he wanted was warmth.

"Right behind you." His voice laced with eager excitement, wings beat like drums as he eased and turned to side by the stallion. It was time for a new leaf, even though the thought of his lost empire still weighed heavy on his mind.

[ooc: Up to you if you wanna post somewhere, tag me and I’ll reply <3]
@[Midas]

Image Credit: Blusl