become my perfect enemy.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
still a credit to your ruse, what a beautiful excuse
to never open up your eyes and see the things you lose
( You're welcome to jump back in at any time, or follow them at a distance, etc! ^^ )

If Fiore had asked his question, Mauja probably would've said "yes" without second thought. He felt mad, standing out in the freezing downpour talking about shadow-creatures and some kind of corrupting sickness and caves, of all things! But he was just as mad as everyone else, as mad as Helovia itself. The mare was silent, but the stallion eyed him in a way he couldn't put words on—disbelief? Concern? Curiosity? But whatever the case, he wasn't impressed with the rain and sleet and chill. So when stuck between a rock and a hard place, he did like everyone did: made some funny choice. Out of the ashes and into the fire.

"If trouble finds us, it'll be of its own accord," he replied with a lopsided grin, and a flick of his eyes towards the mare. She seemed content in her shelter, not making any attempt to join their conversation (for now; maybe she just wanted to ignore lunatics?). Well, too bad for her, because Mauja had decided it was in his best interests to go back now. It was damnably cold, and the chance of discovery increased with every second spent lingering. What kind of idiocy had possessed him, and made him go out? Today, of all days? Just the idiocy he always suffered from, probably.

Just as he made to leave, the stallion spoke again, directed at the mare. Mauja paused where he was, one hoof lifted to turn away, and cocked his head. He barely saw her through the sheets of rain; safe and snug in her shelter.. for now. She seemed disinclined to leave. Why believe a madman and follow him out into the storm? Whatever. Her problem, if she didn't want to survive. "Let's go," he called through the rain, eyes saying forget her and wet tail smacking against his hocks. They had nothing to gain by staying and trying to coax her out of hiding, but much to lose.

And so, with only a backwards glance to make sure that the stranger was following, Mauja set off south, towards the Heart, towards life and safety, hoping every step of the way they would be allowed to pass unharried.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
become my perfect enemy. - by Boadicea - 02-10-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: become my perfect enemy. - by Fiore - 02-14-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: become my perfect enemy. - by Mauja - 02-15-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: become my perfect enemy. - by Fiore - 02-21-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: become my perfect enemy. - by Mauja - 02-23-2014, 07:19 AM