the Rift

[OPEN] ye shall find

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

n y x

HER GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED!

It was strange how much more at ease she felt this time around, despite the fact she was in an enclosed space; she put it down to the lighter tone of the conversation, and the fact there was no d'Artagnan to shoot her dangerous, questionable looks. The egg, too, seemed to exude a calming influence that relaxed the mare, although she didn't know if that was just a self-fufilling prophecy on her part - she wanted to feel a connection to whatever lived in the pearly shell, and so she was putting down any strange occurences to the innocent gem, as if doing so would make them true. The stallion mentioned a mayfly and Nyx's eyes widenened in horror at the notion of her egg hatching, only to die a few days later. That would be one hell of an anticlimax, and she felt a surge of protectiveness about whatever unknown creature resided inside the hollow shell.

As the conversation turned to Helovia's disease, the soldier could feel herself tense, despite whatever fabled calming influence she was attributing to her egg. Mauja spoke of somebody with a wolf's head, and the girl shuddered visibly. "That sounds horrible. Who was it?" The use of the past tense could be misleading; she didn't intend to imply that anybody taken by the curse was lost forever. She herself was evidence enough of that. As he asked how she was cured, she cast her mind back to what little she could remember of her last day as a wraith - she remembered standing at the edge of the caverns, unable to cross and so restricted to taunting in the hope of drawing her prey to her. She remembered her father appearing from the darkness, and how much she had wanted to sink her fangs into him and drag him down into her disease; she remembered the gleeful cackles that fled her bloodstained jaws as he attacked her, knocking chunks of meat free from her rotting frame. She recalled him hitting her with such force she fell over, hitting her head and then...nothing. Nothing until she awoke underwater, drowning and thrashing, but with her mind free of its chains.

She shook her refined skull to chase away the memories. "I don't remember exactly, but there was a pool underground....I couldn't enter the caverns voluntarily while I was a wraith, but my father knocked me out and dragged me down there. I awoke in the pool, healed. Nearly drowned, mind, but I'm not one to complain." Again with the feeble attempt at humour; he was quite right to assume she used it as a defence mechanism, and had done all her life. Her gaze snapped up to meet his, determination glowing in it. "If you've got a friend that needs healing, Mauja, I will help you in any way I can. I know how horrific it is to go through that disease - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I'll do anything I can to help those who are still cursed." Not everybody had a father willing to risk himself to save them; Nyx was one of the lucky ones.

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
ye shall find - by Nyx - 02-10-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: ye shall find - by Mauja - 02-11-2014, 08:28 AM
RE: ye shall find - by Nyx - 02-13-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: ye shall find - by Mauja - 02-15-2014, 05:05 AM
RE: ye shall find - by Nyx - 02-15-2014, 07:45 PM
RE: ye shall find - by Mauja - 02-16-2014, 07:09 AM
RE: ye shall find - by Nyx - 02-18-2014, 08:01 PM
RE: ye shall find - by Mauja - 02-23-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: ye shall find - by Nyx - 02-25-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: ye shall find - by Mauja - 02-28-2014, 08:53 AM