the Rift

[OPEN] Higher

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

The caverns in which we have all taken up residence are awash in splendid beauty, the kind that I would have been thrilled to have found under different circumstances. Had I been underground by choice, I would likely have found the exploration of the various tunnels and rooms adventurous and intriguing. As it is, though, I have found the walls to be claustrophobic, at best, and suffocating, at worst. I have found my way through the rooms based on necessity, not desire, exploring out of some inner obligation. It has put a damper on my ability to appreciate the beauty, that is for certain. Still, there is a certain alluring charm in the etchings that grace these walls. Perhaps one day, I will return to study them more closely, take the time to ponder their meanings. If we ever escape these caves, that is.

The light is teal as it falls on our features, turning my ivory pelt a light sea-green. I gaze around me, taking in the various pictographs and runes displayed, and my curiosity flares despite my restlessness. Beside me, the painted mare seems to be doing the same. I find myself studying her surreptitiously from beneath lowered lashes, hoping for a glimpse into what makes her tick, why she is decorated the way she is, anything to give me a clue - though if I am honest, it is my sort-of mate that I seek the answers to, not this stranger. It is a moment before she speaks, and when she does I breathe a sigh of relief, for she speaks in more than grunts, as I had feared would be the case.

And what she says surprises me. My auds prick, and I regard her with interest, not hiding my gaze now. "Do you know what they say?" I ask, excitement coloring my crystalline vocals. I suppose if I am stuck down here, I might as well absorb the interesting things about the place. After all, as Rowan taught me many moons ago, it is important to cultivate our thirst for knowledge, lest it wither and die. I miss any emotion that flickers across the mare's maw, oblivious to her thoughts. I am absorbed now in the mystery of the walls, and I hope that she can shed some light on that which I do not understand.

"Talk talk talk."
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Higher - by Sohalia - 02-11-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: Higher - by Cheveyo - 02-11-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Higher - by Sohalia - 02-11-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: Higher - by Cheveyo - 02-18-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: Higher - by Sohalia - 02-18-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Higher - by Cheveyo - 02-18-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: Higher - by Sohalia - 03-04-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: Higher - by Cheveyo - 03-06-2014, 05:43 PM