the Rift

[OPEN] white stain on the black

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Those are gone never truly leave us, or so I have been told. I cannot help but believe it after all I have been through. Not a day goes by that I do not hear my mother's voice crooning in my ear, smell the woodsy musk of my father as he guarded us, feel the fierce, unadulterated love that I had for my firstborn. They are not truly here, but they are not truly gone, their memories tied forever in my mind, holding the last shreds of their fabric on this earth. One day, perhaps, they will fade from my thoughts. Perhaps I will no longer remember the exact hue of Mother's eyes, the lovely color of Father's pelt... but will they disappear even then, never to have existed? No, I don't think they will. They will live on in half-remembered promises, never to be fully eradicated from the souls of those who loved them.

I have been to the other side. Even in death, our loved ones do not leave us.

I stand in the shadows of the Sanctuary, gazing longingly at the sky through the entrance. How long has it been now since I had the chance to stretch my wings, to feel the wind whistle through my feathers, to fall through the sky like Icarus from the sun? I sigh heavily, shuffling the folded appendages against my side. I begin to twist my nape to preen my feathers, but an odd sight catches my eye. A bay unicorn is making her way out of the Sanctuary, accompanied by perhaps the oddest little fox-creature I have ever seen. Curiosity takes me, and I take a step forward, thinking to follow her; fear colors my thoughts, and I pause, brow furrowed.

But if she is brave enough to step outside, then I will be, too. I pull my wings closer to my sides, as though they offer protection from whatever lies ahead. As my hooves daintily step outside, I am surprised to find that everything looks normal. Nothing is lurking about, waiting to bite off my head. Well, hopefully. I look around for the mare, and when I find her, I am even more surprised that she accompanies a young filly. How could she have survived out here all on her own? My eyes widen. "I know you!" I exclaim, shocking myself with my own excitement. "Are you alright?" Anxiety tinges my features now as I step closer, determined to check the filly for wounds.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
white stain on the black - by Tandavi - 02-13-2014, 03:34 AM
RE: white stain on the black - by Lena - 02-14-2014, 08:00 AM
RE: white stain on the black - by Sohalia - 02-15-2014, 11:10 PM
RE: white stain on the black - by Tandavi - 03-01-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: white stain on the black - by Lena - 03-02-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: white stain on the black - by Sohalia - 03-04-2014, 11:48 PM
RE: white stain on the black - by Tandavi - 03-17-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: white stain on the black - by Lena - 03-30-2014, 02:35 PM
RE: white stain on the black - by Sohalia - 04-10-2014, 05:57 PM