the Rift

[PRIVATE] The scars of your memory fade

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

The fragility of the conversation, their reunion, became apparent when a fissure of silence rose between them; awkward and marred only by the moan of the winter weather above ground. Africa hesitated through that moment, unsure what the future could hold for two hearts knifed; hurt and belittled, and the quiet reservation soon overwhelmed the ashen mask upon her face. She had never been in a position so delicate before; at the mercy of one creature for the second time around, unable to shield her own vulnerability from the scathing jaws of resentment. Perhaps foolishness still streamed with the blood through her veins. She was a forgiving soul, unable to hold a grudge for long; still less able to cope with the drama which had engrossed her life at the brazen declaration of this stallion’s true feelings.

He said, after a little time and with a voice filled with remorse she had not expected at all, that he was sorry- that what had happened was a loss of control. Africa’s eyes searched the sadness in his face; if it was indeed that, though the swarthy stallion had turned away to hide. Quietly her gaze was pulled from the stallion’s hunched, recoiled posture and lashes closed humbly to consider the apology. Windwalker began to speak again while she loomed below the obscurity of locked eyelids; though his tone was far from that wild, angry flood of emotion which had reached down to cut a canyon between them, the pensive grey could not rid the memory of his wrath- of the taunting and flaunting, from her sensitive, impressionable mind.

"I don’t want to speak of love again." The pale gold glint in her eyes flashed as they peeled apart to meet the end of his question. She wanted not to hurt him, to burden him with feelings she was to naive to perhaps appreciate, if not recognize at all. Africa wanted to protect herself though as well. "That aspect of our future lies in fate’s hands, and I fear I cannot commit myself to such right now." She didn’t presume to think he would just understand- could not impress upon him that pressure; but just as the revelation of his remorse was truth, so were her words.

And it was the truth. The very existence of Helovia seemed to dangle on a fine twine. Whispers of restlessness, of loathing and hostility had risen from the depths, and it seemed a matter of far greater importance to be rid of those simmering hatefully around them, than to long and lust through clouds of presumptuous oblivion. Africa cared for those around her; Wind still perhaps more than many others, and at the fore point of her mind; her focus, was their safety through these confusing, perilous hours.

Long slender ears tilted towards the downtrodden stallion. "I hold nothing against you. Our friendship stands if you will bear it." The grey velvet rims of her flaccid nostrils rattled thoughtfully, though no hint of emotion glazed her eyes as they watched him.

image credits Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Messages In This Thread
The scars of your memory fade - by Africa - 02-13-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: The scars of your memory fade - by Windwalker - 02-13-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: The scars of your memory fade - by Africa - 02-14-2014, 12:38 AM
RE: The scars of your memory fade - by Windwalker - 02-14-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: The scars of your memory fade - by Africa - 02-15-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: The scars of your memory fade - by Windwalker - 02-16-2014, 05:53 AM
RE: The scars of your memory fade - by Africa - 02-17-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: The scars of your memory fade - by Windwalker - 02-18-2014, 07:09 AM
RE: The scars of your memory fade - by Africa - 02-18-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: The scars of your memory fade - by Windwalker - 02-19-2014, 02:42 PM