the Rift

[OPEN] What if the storm ends | [W.A.R.] Meeting

Kari Posts: 52
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.0hh :: 3 years Buff: NOVICE
Wanderer

He followed the conversation with jerking turns of the head as words were exchanged between the grown ups, bewildered and almost regretting at first that he had said anything at all. The more his brain cleared the more he remembered from Africa's explanation, and as the haze of sleep cleared from his brain the youngster found his blurted out question stupid and thoughtless. Kari swallowed nervously as the attention of the blue-black mare fell on him, her vocals thankfully tolerant; the words stung on his hide like nettles none the less as they brandished him in the eyes of everyone around as nothing but a child,, young and ignorant and out of place.

Bashing himself inwardly, he bit the tongue to keep himself from speaking anymore, instead trying to follow the flow of speech. Mauja's nod gave him slightly more courage and received a tense, quivering smile in return - then the attention of the boy suddenly snapped towards a bay unicorn lady as she said something that made his hopes flare up like wildfire.

They could be healed. There was hope. There was no telling whether his mother had become like that monsters that had attacked him, but considering how frightened everyone was it was highly likely. It had gnawed on him, this fact that even if he did find Shadow she might simply attack instead of rejoice at seeing him - not that she would be very happy to have her shackle of a son back by her side - but now, if the words of this lady were true it might be possible to help her go back to normal.

Suddenly impatient the colt waited for the adults to finish talking, and as soon as there was a moment of silence he broke in, speaking louder than before as he addressed the lighting-kissed pegasus.

"You should help me, then!" he said and slipped further ahead in the crowd, vibrant eyes adamant as he stared up at her. "My mom is somewhere up on the surface, she saved me from a monster. I want to help her, but I need more horses to come along. Africa said she would go, and if you and Mauja came along too..." He threw a quick glance at the spotted stallion, hopeful but not exactly demanding in his request; he had a feeling that it would be hard to force his former playmate into anything if he didn't want to do it.

"I can be bait. I will do anything if it would help save Shadow."

Then he held his breath, forcing his body to remain still as he waited for a response. This was it, his best chance of getting the help he so desperately needed in order to make the world right again.

I see your true colors
Larry Wilbourn @ Flikr.com

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:42.5
Helovia Hard Mode
Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kari

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if the storm ends | [W.A.R.] Meeting - by Kari - 02-26-2014, 07:45 AM