the Rift

[OPEN] light me up before you go go

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

If the dark scared Alysanne so much, then why was she coming here? She found peace in the sunshine, in light and life. There was nothing peaceful about darkness so thick it felt as though she were choking. Maybe it was just that, she wanted to be afraid of something else for a little while. Give her mind something else to focus on instead of everything else.

She was avoiding Miykael and she knew that it was childish if her. As much as she wanted to hunt him down and find out the truth, she wasn’t entirely sure that was a good idea. Wouldn’t knowing exactly what happened, what he had taken from her, be worse than this sick feeling of betrayal? Everything was supposed to get better now that she was back in Helovia. Not worse.

Another dilemma for the white and black mare, then, as she longed for someone to talk to about it but was unwilling to load her issues on someone else. Better to suffer on her own – she was not the only one to be undergoing turmoil these days and surely others had it far worse.

So with a hesitant sort of determination, she followed the dark path, feeling all at once comforted by the press of the earth and rocks around her and afraid of the shadows that loomed around her. Though she could not see much, she came to a point where her wings no longer trailed against the wall and she sensed that the pathway had opened up into a greater cavern. Finding and following the wall again, she moved deeper into the darkness – her fear making her heart hammer in her chest until she was certain she could hear it echo off of the walls.

But wait - that wasn’t her heart; it was the hoof-falls of another. The sound bouncing off of the walls made it hard to pick out a direction or a distance. Better turn around and make her way back to the room with the waterfall she had left. It seemed unlikely that she would run into anyone down here that she might actually want to run into.

She was heading back towards the entrance when a flicker of blue light behind her made her pause – and she turned to see the strangest bird ever illuminating the darkness on the other side (she guessed) of the once pitch-black cavern. Forgetting her caution, she stayed where she was and watched with a delighted smile as another bird joined in – and then soon she realized that there was in fact someone else there with the birds.

She watched the stranger take flight for a moment, illuminated with the blue light from the birds, and felt her own wings itch with the need to be exercised. But she didn’t have any sparking birds of her own to illuminate the walls and she just was not willing to take the chance that these ones might aid her. Despite having misgivings about meeting strangers in the dark just moments ago, Alysanne found herself moving forward in the darkness – using the vague light from the birds to direct her towards the Pegasus that had just landed. Surely someone accompanied by such wonderful creatures wouldn't attack her?

Realizing about halfway that, even with the light, it was still pretty dark – she decided to call out with a cheery “Hello there!” as a warning as she inched a little closer.

Well, she had no interest in being ‘spooky’ or attempting to scare anyone by popping out of the shadows. She didn't even like that part about playing hide-and-seek in a well-lit forest.

Her green eyes drifted from the dark stranger, still a small distance ahead, to the bright birds as she offered a compliment. “They’re beautiful. Are they magic?”

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-15-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-21-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-23-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-10-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-17-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-23-2014, 09:46 PM