the Rift

[OPEN] light me up before you go go

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

She was glad to see the mare move forward, taking it as a sign that Alysanne was not being intrusive (despite the beginnings of a conversation). It was always a good feeling to not be walked away from! She wished there was better light, so that she might see Ampere better – the mare matched their setting from what she could see (all blue and black) though it was hard to tell what was caused by the blue glow of the birds and what was not.

At the question about magic, Alysanne “Oh! I do but nothing nearly as amazing as yours.” She laughed lightly and wondered for a moment what it would be like to be able to create animals animated from moss or flowers. But no, her magic was nothing nearly as flashy. “I fertilize the earth where I stand, not exactly something that will be noticed.” It was not often that she spoke about it – still getting used to the fact that it happened – and she could not help but feel rather silly actually saying it out loud. Not exactly an enviable ability, though it suited her in a way. She so loved the idea of giving something to the earth that supported them but it wasn’t really magic the way that this mare’s electric creations were.

Her question about whether they were harmful seemed to be amusing in some small sense, though Alysanne couldn’t imagine why someone would need the ability to create animals that could cause harm. Of course it came in handy in dark places, and she imagined no wild animal would ever be an issue, but why else? It did not occur to her that there was another world she was not a part of, where equids fought with each other and would need a little bit of magic to give them an upper hand sometimes.

With a smile, she offered a light-hearted alternative to the magical creations not being ‘of much use’. “Except in darkness, of course. Though I don’t understand why you would need them to cause harm. For self-defence?” Her voice gave away her innocence easily enough, and perhaps her ignorance was showing through too, but Ampere’s laugh had been gentle enough for her to think it was alright to inquire into the matter further.

Her question about the animals having names earned her another gentle laugh, and now Alysanne was starting to feel a little embarrassed about how little she knew. But that feeling was forgotten because as soon as it was explained that they had no need of names – the birds were gone.

When they were lapsed into darkness, a small gasp escaped Alysanne – a strangled sound that she tried to get a hold of, hoping that it might have gone unnoticed – and she quickly brought her wings back closer to her body. Hugging them close as though they provided security. She was sad to see the birds go because they were lovely to look at, but mostly because they provided light – and in that moment that they were gone she felt crippled by the darkness. A reminder that she could keep her spirits up about where they were so long as there was light about.

The dark had never been a source of fear for her before and she felt ashamed that something so simple could make her heart hammer the way that it did.

The moment passed quickly and she was happy to see a new creature, a hare this time, emerge and illuminate the area around them and brighten up the other mare’s face once more. Comforted once more by the glow, Alysanne felt her body relax and her heartbeat return to normal. It was good to know she was not the only one that did not enjoy the dark.

“Oh yes that’s right, they’re magic.” Magic or not, Alysanne imagined that if she had a pair of creatures that she could conjure up, she’d name them. It was hard for her to look at the hare hopping about at their hooves and not think it was alive in some aspect – it had a face, after all! “I’m still trying to get the hang of everything, Helovia’s so different than where I came from.” She explained, apologetically. Would it ever reach a point where she actually knew everything about this land? It did not seem likely. “I thought they might have been companions at first.” Though of course, now she knew better.

But knowing that they weren’t alive did not diminish how amazing they were.

Finally, she has a name to put to the face before her – beautiful in the glow of the hare – and a bright smile appearing once more. “It’s so wonderful to meet you, Ampere.”

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-15-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-21-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-23-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-10-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-17-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-23-2014, 09:46 PM