the Rift

[OPEN] light me up before you go go

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

Alysanne had never quite thought of her magic that way and the flood of embarrassment at Ampere’s question made her face feel hot, hastily looking away for a moment as she caught on to what had been implied. It was true, of course, and such a daily act was nothing to be ashamed of – and of course, she was right. They all did give back in that manner. “But that… it’s not as… constant.” She was trying not to be flustered about this turn in the conversation as she defended herself, her power, just a little bit. If she knew more she might say that there were nutrients provided by her hooves that did weren’t present in other fertilizing methods, but as it was she consoled herself by the fact that whether everyone helped or not – she could do a little more.

She listened with interest as Ampere described her take on justice, a concept that Alysanne was familiar with but not one she ever had to see put in action. She pondered the concept of requiring force to provide justice – and while she still didn’t agree that it was necessary she imagined it would help, that it would be easier to use force. When the question was turned to her, she had to take a moment to think about it. She did not like the idea of tyrants, of those that had power taking more and more for the sake of it and giving nothing back. “I suppose so. What injustice is it in this world that you’re fighting?” She had mentioned fighting against the strong getting stronger, but she knew so little of Helovia – aside from their current situation she had not witnessed anything close to injustice in these lands. Who was taking power away from the weak? she wondered.

After the calm conversation that she had been having, hearing her name screamed in the shadows beyond the comforting glow of the blue rabbit’s glow sent chills through her body. She knew that voice, recognized it instantly, but which version of the little golden girl had found her way into the darkness? Turning to look, she could see the glow of flames in the darkness. Strange how the sight of fire instilled some sort of fear but she had grown to find the blue sparkling electricity comforting. Both were dangerous and so was the darkness. “Can the infected enter these caves?” She asked Ampere in a quiet, shaking voice before turning to face the fiery form moving forward. Logic would have told her that Ampere was far better suited to defend herself than Alysanne was but it wasn’t the blue-magician’s name being called.

What if Aurelia had been healed though? How much of a risk would it be to wait and find out? They could slip away in the darkness, hide from that burning figure, but she felt sick to her stomach at the idea of turning and running away. She hated this fear and the way it gripped at her, revealing how weak she really was. Whichever version of Aurelia was there she needed to know for sure. She hadn’t run in the Edge until the last moment – and she would not run here.

Finding calm, telling herself there was no reason to leap into panic just yet – she called out in an easy tone. “Aurelia, follow the blue light. We’re over here.” She used the plural though she would not ask Ampere to take the risk that this was a wraith playing some trick on them, nor could she say for certain whether the blue rabbit would remain or there would be other light to further signal where they stood apart from the darkness. “They’re just shadows, there’s nothing to be afraid of.” Using that soothing voice she used for comforting, for speaking to foals, she decided to be hopeful that infected-Aurelia would not have sounded so convincingly frightened.

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-15-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-21-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-23-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-10-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-17-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-23-2014, 09:46 PM