Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

From the dawn of time, to the end of days
I will have to run, away
I want to feel the pain, and the bitter taste
Of the blood on my lips, again

Unfortunately the irony of this moment passed him by. Soleil was now doing for them what he had done when they fled Anarore. He had stayed behind to battle the shadows, distressed that his family could have possibly not made it out. Despite the injuries, he had run from the beach of his home to the Oasis where Soleil had lived with Aera. Narrowly, he made it out alive, heart broken and worried that Soleil and her twin girls had not survived. The injuries he had sustained took almost a year to heal, and even now, he could feel them on cold, bitter days. Now, she was taking it upon herself to make sure that her family was safe.

And he had become the monster.

The monster he was now was a manifestation of what was already there - what he had struggled to keep down since he ran away from his homeland mid-battle. Every sinister grin and wicked desire had already been living inside, and it was amplified by the disease that forced his carefully constructed conscience down into the bottom of his hooves, squishing the real Paladin beneath the weight of his own evil. The mare uttered that name again, that word that made no sense, and irritation rose.

"STOP SAYING THAT WORD!" he roared, ears pinned against his skull as if the utterance of his true name pained the monster.

Paladin growled when she dodged to the side, avoiding the fangs in her throat. He tucked his hips under his body, stopping his movement before he spun around again, relentlessly trying to bring her down. The stallion was a warrior from birth, and the muscle memory was still there. Every fluid movement of his body came naturally, turning murder into an art form with the dancing of his solid hooves.

He opened his jaws again as he spun, trying to catch her along her withers, spine or hips depending on how far she had run in that time. Something then began to tear at his mind, digging its fingernails in and pulling apart the darkness. The stallion screamed again. She had to be doing this to him; it had to be her actions tearing at his mind, trying to bring up his old self. Paladin spent his entire life fighting the wickedness in his own soul, and even though he tried, he could not fight both the darkness at the feverish illness at once.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD, BITCH!" He bellowed, trying more fervently to get her down as quickly as possible, to get her OUT.

DO YOU FEEL MY PAIN NOW?

Messages In This Thread
Madness is the gift. - by Paladin - 02-16-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Soleil - 02-17-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Paladin - 02-17-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Soleil - 02-18-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Paladin - 02-19-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Soleil - 02-25-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Paladin - 03-03-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Soleil - 03-23-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Paladin - 03-27-2014, 11:39 PM