the Rift

[PRIVATE] the angels weep.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
A gentle, delicate sounds can be heard as she lays, crumpled and defeated upon the floor. One would assume the angels are weeping, the way it sounds, a chorus of tears streaming down her ebony cheeks, leaving darkened paths as she buries the left side of her face in her vessel's fur. He presses his cold nose to her forehead, large ears flickering backwards as he listens to her sob.

Why hadn't I told him... These words fall short of her trembling lips, too afraid to speak it aloud. She gazes at the little stars, dancing about her muzzle, a soft smile befalling her coal covered lips. She swears she can see her Knight, standing there before her, a gentle smile upon his lips. She swears she can smell him, sweet as spring, as fresh as grass cut by a blade. Oh, her heart yearns for him, wishes to see him standing there truly, grullo coat and pearl horn.

She continues to weep in the darkness, only her stars to brighten the area. She raises her head, listening to clatter of stones. Brown auds flicker, eager emeralds searching for someone to meet. Standing upon unsteady legs, she takes a step forth, wobbling like a newborn childe. Her vessel moves swiftly to try and save her from toppling, but is only pushed along by her weight. They stumble down a corridor, finding themselves entangled before a mass of crystal.

Kicking out with his little hind legs, the vessel is able to push himself away from his still weeping bonded. She feels alone now, despite her bonded standing beside her, she feels... empty within. Trembling as she stands, head hanging low as though its too heavy for her neck to hold high.

The sights that greet her eyes pull tears to her eyes, rivers to surround her glittering emeralds. The wall before her shimmers before her, sparkling in the light of her sky, planets dancing before her very eyes. Taking a deep, heavy inhale, she holds herself higher, striding towards the mouth of the glittering maze. She's hesitant to continue, thinking of the things that could happen to her if she entered these twisting, winding tunnels of beauty. Whip curls about her hocks, a winding, slithering snake wrapping itself around her left leg. She takes several deep, taxing breathes, trying to clear her mind of..

She cuts herself short of his name, swallowing as though she had consumed a rock, which has fallen to her gut, pulling her down. She drags herself towards the crystal, using it to support her weakened frame. Shadows inch forward as her heart dims, rivers still flowing strong, emeralds unable to hold back crystalline drops. She lets out a screech, something one wouldn't think of her to do, something that leaves the blood curling and the bones eroding. This scream, this cry of pain, leaves her slumped against a wall, legs curled beneath her and a small, ashen body laying before her. Ebony ears fall back as the sound hits her again, echoing on for another few heartbeats before it all fades.

"Talk talk talk"
[not my prettiest ; u ;
@[Carnesîr]
edit: wrong account .-.]

drawing by the wonderful aeolle, table by the amazing time
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Carnesîr Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
wanda

Carnesîr </style></style>

He is familiar with tears; the woodland child is a passionate believer in emotions to be shown on the surface, not buried away like, like a poison. Sensations of the mind and heart was crucial for life- love and honor, and other less favorable traits too, greed and jealousy and cowardice; that which makes each its own. For one to lock sympathy and sorrow inside, to bury the key, was to cut off a limb, to tear a heart savagely from the chest, to ruin and desecrate the silver palaces of a soul.

Dapper silver ears twitch and swivel to catch the recognizable sound of chest-wracking sobs and misery, and he is drawn, out of cruel curiosity and cautious care. Each step is taken warily- a wrong placing of his cleft hoof could mean a twisted or broken ankle- and silently too, a prickling sensation of fear souring his tongue. His mind is vividly ensnared with the images of the undead crawling and scuttling from nowhere, the putrid scent of corpses washing over him, the emaciated ribs, the ruined faces, a farce of humanity and the very existential being of life. And yet, for reasons unbeknownst to the coward, he is drawn, dim recognition flickering the back of his mind of a family in the north. Could the sounds be one of the mares he had met, those he counted as dear friends, steadfast support for when he needed a shoulder? Lena springs forth to mind, cocoa and ebony, and his heartbeat quickens- surely she had escaped from the undead? It couldn't be her, anyways; for all her silent simplicity, she was strong and resolute. Huyana, with the rain in her eyes, the rolling edge of a stormcloud in her neck? No, she may be pacifist, but she was resilient, tenacious, intelligent. Onni? The sun-daughter! His heart gives a fierce ache- but she was the same as Huyana and Lena, built from similar mold, as was Shadow.

There was one other he excluded carelessly, forgotten amidst the blur of faces older and wiser: Frost Fyre, the radiant girl who he had come to meet in the wet heat of the hot springs.

Nostrils quiver, expression turns puzzled and alarmed- a screech, loathsomely loud, and he leaps into a gallop (what if someone needs help?!), flying over crystal and gem, lapis lazuli and ruby, hooves skittering over slippery surfaces, tail twisting and turning as rudder. Breath comes quicker, heartbeat swiftens, and he is electric with terror and ecstatic with his "bravery" (he comes to rescue a maiden!) He whirls down corridors of emeralds and sapphires and diamonds, sprints through the maze, proceeding to get himself hopelessly lost in these faceted faces, courageous in his convictions- and he bursts upon a maiden beautiful and crowned deer.

"Frost Fyre?!" He gasps promptly, and he stares at her, chest heaving and (most romantically) unable to say another word.

base table credits to tamme
art by krazie

She does not care that another approaches, barely even hears their graceful steps, their cloven hooves fall upon stone, gentle as the wind that used to roll over the misty mountains of the Basin. As soft as snow, the voice rings, deep yet sensitive, understanding to her even if it is only a name. Ebony auds perk, emerald eyes widening as the familiar lyrics befall her ears. A pleased yet solemn smile falls upon dark lips, pleasantries dancing through her mind of a moonlit night, silver lake shimmering beside them, flowers budding beneath their hooves, and the aroma of love spreading all throughout.

For one who's visions are so faded, this seemed to be the best of them all, the one that looked so real. For a moment she thought maybe it was real, this moment seeing the grullo dancer before her, features illuminated by her sparkling stars, shimmering before him. She lets out a squeak, voice refusing to work with her as she gazes into those earthen eyes, those understanding, wise eyes that can uncoil her, take apart all that she is, skin her down to bare bone.

The surprise and shock that was in his voice makes her want to cry more, did he expect her to be dead? Did he think she had become one of them, one of those demons that lurk above their heads? More tears fall from her eyes, staining her cheeks, falling to her vessel's fur. She tries to walk to him, legs unsteady as she makes her way towards the grullo, still sobbing profusely.

Broken lyrics fall unsteadily from her lips as she gazes at him, her emotions falling everywhere, a shooting star flickering within her universe. "C-Carnesîr?" She stutters, eyes widening as she stares at him, bottom lip trembling. The fear fades, replaced by a sudden burst of anger, brows narrowing. "You scared me so much! I thought you were dead! I thought— I thought you were one of them!" She cries, falling forward towards him, desiring his gentle touch. She wanted to make sure this wasn't one of her silly fantasies, the ones that always make her long for him and cry for endless hours.

She talks again, still in pain from the scare he had given her. "Y-you left me alone. I was alone, Carnesîr, alone and afraid." She swallows the knot that wriggles within her throat, choking on her own tears and emotions. She wants to show him her pain, how she felt through the time he left her, he scared her. "I was so afraid... I didn't know what to do..." She falls before him, if he stood where he had when he called her name.

In that moment she begins to weep, tears pooling below her upon the stone ground, reflecting the pain in her heart. It also reflects the many stars that glow around her, orbiting her bodice as though she is the center of the universe, her own star system to admire. Deeply inhaling, the girl finds herself telling her Knight things she wasn't going to tell, things that she kept under lock and key. "I— I care for you, Carnesîr, and I don't want you getting hurt. Besides, I need someone to love at the end of the day." Her laugh is gentle, awkward, hesitant, yet beautiful. Angels laugh with her, a chorus of harmonious laughter as she lays before her Knight. Without him she is a damsel forever trapped in the dragon guarded castle, doomed to die there.

And what good is she then?

"Talk talk talk."

Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Carnesîr Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
wanda

Carnesîr </style></style>

There are diamonds spilling from her eyes; liquid diamonds, opalescent droplets, staining her cinnamon cheeks and turning her orbs red and ruinous. Carnesîr's mouth opens, working without sound- poor maiden, why does she sob so? Guilt twists at his gut, as if he has caused this, but how could he, when he hardly knows her, except for a time plunged in steamy baths and pale vapor? She's stuttering at him, saying his name, letting it roll off her tongue in broken bits, and his nostrils flare, his neck arching exquisitely; yes, it is I, slender and beautiful.

"Frost Fyre," the craven king sings, his voice a symphony of doting affection and courtesy. "Why do you cry—" Vocals cut across his, hysterical cry of rage, and he leaps, leonid tail curling, dancing away from her. Who is she to yell at him so? Huyana and Lena had could, or Onni and Shadow, but not this little girl he barely knew, with her straight hips and slim bodice clasped in chocolate. Eyes slit, angry white lashes dancing together— it is rude of her to greet her courtly prince with shrieks and shouts. But, her words are sweet despite the hoarseness of her yelling; painting a tapestry of terror in the dark and fear not for herself but for him, alone in the wilds, chased by feral monsters and beasts. He is unused to this position of regalia, the elvish boy, and he finds himself liking the attention she lavishes on him, even before she steps forward, seeking his embrace.

Mouth goes dry, but he lets her; he steps forward and reaches out to scratch at her withers, gentle and preening. "Never fret," Carnesîr murmurs, his voice a soothing hymn. And she collapses beneath him, all beautiful long legs and diamond tears, and he stands, her gallant lord clad in twilight drapery, staring down at her, expression unreadable and damned curious. "I afraid too Frost... and to honest, do not you have better friends than me? We hardly know other!" He lets heave a sigh, unable to understand where this sudden concern for him came, tail twisting fretfully around his ankles.

Yet it gets worse- or better? Declarations fall from her lips, jeweled words just like her opal tears. He hardly registers them. He hears them certainly; care and love, and he nearly glares at her, baffled. Love at first sight? There was no such thing- maybe sex at first sight, that lewd sort of romance, but sex was not love, just as love was not getting fucked. The boy is distracted; he lifts his head high, kinking up his leonine tail, but he cannot deny he is pleased by this demand of him, his heart skipping in a rush of wild excitement, but then he remembers Kari, and Shadow, a dark mare in the desert was sand in her tail and mane and feathers. "Oh Frost," the elvish prince moans. "Fyre, I have a son. I have a duty to them, no matter the circumstances he was conceived..."

base table credits to tamme
art by krazie

The emotions were far too much for her, heart beginning to crack, fragile and fresh.

She wanted her mother, her blue-maned dam, her bay-bodied sire, her family. She also wanted Tolio, the pearl-horned man who had recently become colder. She wanted the old Tolio back, the one who actually cared, who was sweet, who played with her when she was just a lanky-legged klutz. She begins to cry harder, diamonds falling from her eyes, overflowing from her pools.

He says her name again, and she hicks, gazing up at him as she grasps for air, choking on her crystalline tears. He begins to ask her why she cries, but she cuts him off with her angered words, her complaints of her fears. He seems stunned, but she pays no heed to that, she simply cries, vision blurred by her tears. Her vessel hangs back at the entrance to the cave, watching the couple carefully, pale orbs flickering to the familiar grullo stallion. She sees through his eyes, watching her weep and Carnesîr lean over her, preening her ebony covered withers. She can feel the pain in her companion's heart, the want to tell her it's okay, yet she also finds an envy that this man is able to touch her like this. Slowly, this image fades.

Back into her own mind, she feels the pain hit her all at once, continuing to sob profusely. She can barely breathe, but it does not matter, breathing's overrated anyway. His broken speech makes her smile, despite the pain in her breast. In truth, she had no friends. She had no one but Altair and her Knight, who seemed uncertain about being this close to her. Had those silly little games they played in the steaming spring been all a dream? Had she simply been imagining the whole thing? Even if so, she offers a silly smile, giving him (somewhat) reassuring words. "I have no one else—" She murmurs, pain in her lyrics as she sings a solemn song, one of heartbreak, of denial, of rejection.

She frowns at him as he says the first bit of her name, a moan escaping his lips before he says the rest of her name. She wasn't prepared for what came.

Her jaw drops, and the world simply— stops. There is nothing beyond them, they are trapped together in a room of black, his bodice seeming to glow with the truth in his words, and her body begins to tremble, her mind whirling, her world thrown upside down. She chokes on her feelings, unable to breathe as she stares deeply into the deep, earthly eyes of her Knight— no.

He was no longer her Knight.

She turns away from him, from the world. She tries to stand, knees weak as she stumbles away from Carnesîr, ebony ears flattened against her skull. She does not understand how to handle this, if she should reject him, if she should scold him, if she should— she shakes her head at the mere thought of going down just as her mother had, burning up like a star.

With a plain, solemn tone, she speaks simply. "A son?" Her dark lips tremble uncontrollably as she stumbles closer to the wall, leaning to the left, using the wall for support while staring into the corner of the room. She breathes in deeply before coughing, her tears running freely yet again. Her leonine tail lashes furiously as she hears his words repeated over and over again.

"Why did you never tell me?" She turns around, facing him, pain and fear taking over her lyrics. Her melody is no longer soft and understanding, but broken, off-rhythm. "Did you think I wouldn't love you— or care for you once I found out?" Suddenly she feels anger, why he had never bothered to tell her about this? Did he think it was unimportant, he had a son. A goddamned son! Nostrils flaring, pain in her eyes, she screams out, stomping her cloven hoof. "I thought maybe... just maybe, we could be something." She inhales deeply, turning away from him yet again, stars shimmering as she does. She begins to walk towards the entrance, unable to sing the last verse of her song— of their song. It was over now, unable to be sung again, for it was all in her head. She had been a fool not to notice it all this time. "I'm sorry Carnesîr, I suppose we just.. cannot be." Her final words are whispered, a mere breeze in the wind, a change of direction of that which blows above their crowns. "I- I loved you." She begins to walk, back turned to the grullo. Little ashen vessel follows solemnly, head lowered, ears laid back.
"Talk talk talk"
[; A ; i'msosorryomgfrostkindajustwroteherself]

Dawn is coming
open your eyes