the Rift

[PRIVATE] ♛ tyranny of the slave driver

Tyradon Posts: 106
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2 :: 14 Buff: NOVICE
Cynder :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Snow

A chuckle escapes his jowls, like thunder. "Would that I still had my magic," he murmurs, an idle comment he barely realises he has uttered aloud until he tastes it like poison on his tongue. It had been another reason he felt so entitled as a child; he was born with magic, earth magic no less, of Nieque's own fame. He used his supernatural ability often, as there was naught like the sweet wet sound of a razor-edged leaf slicing through a throat, leaving blood to cascade to the floor - the leaves were far more effective cutting instruments than his own blunt equine teeth. But alas, no more. For a moment he focuses, reaching to the furthest corner of his mind where his magic once lived, but it is like there is a brick wall preventing him accessing that sweet little nub of power. Although he has long since accepted that the horned warlock stripped everything from him, he allows a small frisson of disappointment to spread across his face, lasting for a millisecond before he snaps his expression back to neutrality and attentiveness.

His gaze snaps to her hindleg, which lifts like a threat; he quirks a brow, but his heart is sinking. If she does not share his racist beliefs, it will make things...marginally more difficult. He has no idea if he can be neutral towards anything with horns or wings, as his hatred is simply so deeply ingrained in his soul; but, he reasons, scum that are loyal to him could be a different story. If he can look past their mongrel blood, he can see the potential in them as frontline soldiers - dispensable. "I believe in only equine superiority. The rest...they are mongrel stock. Inferior creatures, fit only to burn." The words spew from his maw filled with such hatred that he can almost taste it, bitter on his tongue. He said such things often in his old life, aimed to indoctrinate and ensure his soldiers harboured no second thoughts about their mission to exterminate. He senses his gospel will not so easily twist Confutatis' mind, however; they will have to compromise. "But, if you can find any willing to serve without question...then I will tolerate them. They will provide expendable brawn to our cause, I suppose, but should any of them put a foot wrong or hint about threatening our leadership..." Cynder releases a shrill cry and a blast of flame pours from between her jaws, illuminating the cave around them; the beast can almost smell the sickly-sweet aroma of burning flesh.

Amongst all the stallion's hate-filled words, he idly notices that he is saying we and our, not me and I. Could it be that he already considers this mare an equal?

He catches sight of her eyeline shifting to Cynder, who is only too happy to display in front of the merest hint of admiration; she puffs herself up, preening and thrashing her flame-tipped tail around so vigorously it scorches away the top layer of Tyradon's back-fur. In response, his own steel gaze drifts downwards towards the two-tailed dog, his own curiosity evident. "Your dog...are you mentally bonded to him? I had always laboured under the impression that we could bond only to dragonkind." He thinks of the foolhardy paint and his hellhound, and a nasty thought occurs to him; if they can bond with things other than dragons, can unicorns and pegasi, too?

No. Surely not. Their minds are too stunted to have that uniquely equine ability.

Her muzzle traces the haggard contours of his face, and he softly releases a warm breath from his nostrils; he does not often accept contact, especially to his face, where the scars are still quite fresh. But Confutatis is different, and he accepts her greeting willingly, with the gusto of a starving man. "Yes," is all he can say, a determined murmur, a promise. Cynder springs from his back and skims the cave floor, scooping a small, shiny stone up in her claws. She returns to the equine pair and lands by their feet, prancing on her hindlegs towards Mongrel and offering him the gift - her own signal of acceptance, and of burgeoning friendship.

NO MATTER WHAT WE BREED, WE STILL ARE MADE OF GREED

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Messages In This Thread
♛ tyranny of the slave driver - by Confutatis - 02-17-2014, 12:41 PM
RE: ♛ tyranny of the slave driver - by Tyradon - 02-18-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: ♛ tyranny of the slave driver - by Tyradon - 02-21-2014, 07:16 PM
RE: ♛ tyranny of the slave driver - by Tyradon - 03-24-2014, 06:28 PM