the Rift

[PRIVATE] demon, interrupted

Belial Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
charks

Belial the Duplicator
Kill of all my demons and my angels might die too
Demonchild stalks on the surface of the world, waiting for his queen to find him again. It has been some time since he saw her that night, skull-faced Queen in the brittle snow, and she has been near his mind if not his heart, a haunting memory of cruel orange heat and the blackness of death. The radiating fire of their wild passion, the unspoken promises of power and return... he thinks of it when the world seems bleak, and his loins light with need, with want, with remembrance.

He does not know her name. Her lineage. Her dreams. He does not care. She can raise the dead, his demon Queen; she can run for him, and he will give her chase. For seasons she has hidden, but he will find her again. As the shadows rise to overtake the world, so too does he know their time has arrived. They are consort and conqueror, bound to lead the legions as one when Hell rears up and swallows it whole. They are meant. They are perfect. She is perfect.

Thus thinks the behemoth as he prowls through the ashen wastes, feathered hooves dragging long trails in the dust. Black legs are dulled with the stench of the earth, dapples diminished beneath a layer of filth; he has not bathed of late, not taken to his appearance with any sort of care, and mud clings thick to his coat, his mane, the leonine tail that drags in the dirt. Only the cunning black horns and two-toned eyes gleam in this darkness, beacons of an eerie threat against the dim glow of shadowed stars. There are no trees here, and few shrubs; he has not ventured far from the safety of the caves, merely to the other side of the flickering Heart, away from angels' prying gaze and into the privacy of the lingering dark. Bold, broad, bloody and cruel, Seraph's son stares away from the flames, awaiting the reunion he knows to come. "Black Queen, Demon Queen, come now to me!" he calls to the darkness, and waits for her answer, the orange of her eyes and the sin of her laugh.

[ Idk ]
image credits
table by whit

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu

I have lingered and lurked and loitered in the dark which infests the land. It is not a particular desire of mine, much as one may think, given my past. This raven hued curtain upon the heavens is not of the same comfort as the typical shadows I cling to. The moon and her kin are missing and in the opposing hour so too does the burning eye stay shut beneath the lidded lashes of fog and decay. It is an oppressive regime of foulness that makes my eyes grow wide and my nares quiver with worry. Most of all, it has taken my son.

It is for he which I soldier out in this place that bothers me down to my core. Not even the creatures crawl around, not even the trees lean in to lend an ear. My friends, they are hiding, and I should be too.

But I can't.

A voice drifts eerily through the haze brought about by the world crumbling to its end, the dust like an endless scattering of bodies long since rotted. I sneeze. It's a strange thought to think their frayed flesh settles in your lungs - each breathe another lifetime ebbing through the breeze as no more than a dust mote. I wonder when I will be able to drift so freely? It seems it is not far now; for all of us.

We are the damned.

I shake my skull, its weight significantly lessened ever since my crown of bones fell to the wayside, my focus interrupted by the impatient bumping of a velvet nose against swollen nipples. They ache now with a weight of dis-use and the pain wretches my heart all the further. If he does not return to me soon to suckle, my nourishment will dry up and he will perish from me, one way or another, shadow or skin.

I shudder, and with renewed fervor shoulder through the dark towards the tones that tickle a pleasant memory in my mind. Stumbling through the masses of my thoughts is always a chaotic ordeal, but I know enough to know I want what is on the other end of those male murmurs. Curious, I lurch forward and the fog swirls around me like a curtain, closing just as quickly behind. I can only hope it is not the last the fabric draws on my heels.

"Death chaser," I hiss through the murk, his figure looming like a darker figure among the rest of the dark. Anxiously my teeth reach out to the air and click together, pulling back towards my chest with a snort. I repeat this in succession a few times until at last his earth stained body looms before me. I pull up awkwardly, my haunches dipping low while my head leered high and wild. The sight of him at once sends a wash of heat through my meat, and I relax as the sensation of our night returns to ease my tension. I lick my lips as I settle, but my eyes remain jumpy. "He is out there, " I intone, whether as a warning or a statement my tone does not reveal.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.