the Rift

[OPEN] give a little back

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

‘Enchantments’ was such a lovely word to use to describe the little bits of magic that they could do. Alysanne wasn’t so sure her own could be quantified as such. “I can fertilize the earth when I’m standing still.” Although she was quite fond of her power, she always felt a little embarrassed speaking it out loud – especially when it felt like it was being compared to something truly magical (and helpful) like Lena’s powers.

She smiled at Imogen as she came forward, sniffing at the ground where her hooves had been just moments ago. Closer up, she realized that there were more differences between this beautiful girl and a regular fox. She was stunning! “I think Imogen’s picked up on some of them!” She chuckled before looking back to Lena now, she decided to explain a little bit. “I’ve been spending my time in this room because of that – I figure if most of us have been living off of these plants, and we don’t quite know how long we’ll be down here for, the least I could do is help them along a little bit.” She knows she’s nervously rambling a little bit, but she couldn’t quite stop herself – Alysanne liked her little bit of magic and she didn't want it to seem too silly.

Now, Alysanne was naïve to a lot of things and she didn’t even realize just how many. Up until her return to Helovia she thought this place was a paradise, and even in spite of all the things that had happened since then – she still felt more at home here than she had anywhere else. At least here it was simply an infection, where they could get better. There was no healing a demon.

And that was it – this little outbreak (which she was sure would end soon) was the only downside to this entire place. Sure, she knew the name Aurora Basin but it wasn’t associated with anything bad for her. She just remembered back to when she arrived in the Threshold and was told it was just for unicorns. Well, she had never thought much of it. Some just felt more comfortable around their own kind, or maybe it was just as simple as unicorns having thicker skin so that they could handle being up north all the time. So her reaction to the name was a delighted smile – after all, she had never met someone from there before! “Oh how wonderful! I’ve never had the chance to visit there, but I spent some time in Frozen Arch.” A fond smile at the memory of Sasha and their latest moments together appeared briefly, but this was no time for daydreaming. “I hear it’s all unicorns. I imagine that’s quite a lovely sight – up there under the aurora or in the summer when there’s flowers blooming.” She quite liked how that image seemed in her mind. There just seemed to be something extra magical about unicorns.

“I’m from the Edge... well I’ve only been there since... Tallsun.” Upon her return, the white and black mare had made it a mission to start using all the Helovian terms for things – though the word still felt a little awkward when used instead of just ‘summer’. “Have you ever been?”

@[Lena]

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
give a little back - by Alysanne - 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 02-20-2014, 08:15 AM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 02-21-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 02-23-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 02-26-2014, 09:41 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 03-02-2014, 01:04 PM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 03-11-2014, 01:54 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 03-13-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 03-24-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 03-30-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 04-01-2014, 10:58 AM