the Rift

[OPEN] give a little back

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

Family meant a lot of things to Alysanne, and it had not been for quite some time that she had kept the definition just at blood. At first that was all she had, her sister and her cast out of the herd for being impure pegasi, her mother and father were all that they had. But then she and Iona had travelled to Nocturne and she found more family – and even more here in Helovia. So she understood it when Lena replied that the Basin members were her family – and she was happy to hear it. To consider one’s herd family was rather the perfect situation, wasn’t it? There was no reason to pry into Lena’s blood relatives, Alysanne saw no reason to bring up herself what had not already been brought up. If Lena considered the Basin members to be her family, well, that was wonderful.

Alysanne’s own response was just a little more complicated. “I hope the Edge members will become my family one day. But the rest of my family is scattered – I came to Helovia rather by accident and left behind my son, my mate, my sister...” Listing them rather did make her feel terrible, as though she had abandoned them all. “I’ve seen them all since, but I seem to make my family out of those with wanderlust.” At least they always came back. She dreamed of a day when they might all be together, where she wouldn’t feel more at home here in Helovia and yet long to be with those that had no desire to uproot themselves from where they were now. But they were safe, she knew that much, and maybe given the current cave situation it had been better that they not come with her quite yet.

Any last remnants of that forced laugh disappeared entirely as Lena inquired about what she had meant when she mentioned a loss of charm. It was not something she rather enjoyed thinking about, never mind speaking of, but she had brought it up – had she not? Perhaps it was time to stop avoiding the memory. There was no way to go back and change it, after all. “My friend Miykael and I had just come back from visiting our families in another land when we landed in the Edge. Others found us, Resplendence one of them, and told us of the caves… but we were unable to make an escape before we were attacked by a friend of mine, only she was a twisted, sick and angry version.” No smile now on that dark, gentle face. “Not everyone made it back here safely that day.” Emerald eyes glossing over with tears at the memory, of Resplendence yelling at them to leave her but they wouldn’t. And then Miykael, brave Miykael, giving himself up to give them a chance. “But they’ve made it back since and were healed” At least there was a happy-ish ending there. Miykael who she couldn’t trust anymore, the words of his betrayal still branded into her mind. But though she had been avoiding him as stubbornly as she had been avoiding the memories of the flee from the Edge, at least he was healed and safe now.

@[Lena]

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
give a little back - by Alysanne - 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 02-20-2014, 08:15 AM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 02-21-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 02-23-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 02-26-2014, 09:41 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 03-02-2014, 01:04 PM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 03-11-2014, 01:54 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 03-13-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 03-24-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 03-30-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 04-01-2014, 10:58 AM