the Rift

[OPEN] born and raised in rain

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
Singing about good things and the sun that lights the day
I used to sing on the mountains, has the ocean lost it's way.

I was not gifted with a natural ability that is courage. If I had any, ignorance embedded itself deeply where comprehension was conceived after processing thoughts and words. Ignorance was what lead me astray numerous times, and it was a miracle how I narrowly escaped after a long-winded pursuit from threats not as venomous as most would imagine - as adults. Due to my nature, I was blanketed in a sense of nervousness regardless of my fabricated sense of a lion's bravery. The ever-growing upper teeth chewed on the flat surfaces of the lower unconsciously throughout the cave where even a speck of light was a grateful sight to be seen. No, I was never afraid of the dark. I developed a fear of what lurked in it.

Surely nobody would notice my matted frame twitching and shuddering. I could barely see the distance in front of me! Looming in mysterious depths and the shadows lingered - silently, waiting. Mama had told me about coat colors, and how my fur was a shade of brown; like the earthen soil I saw in the first moment of my life. The hue would provide a camouflage from whatever caused us equines to live in caves with false hope they weren't hiding in the sanctuary either. Pleased to know I had a layer of reassurance, the thought of monsters still evoked another shudder.

Every step was taken with caution, and occasionally I bumped into something which felt uncomfortably like a rock. A couple times it lightly scraped thick layers of fur seemingly like brush strokes against my ribs. It was almost ticklish. The senses continued to aid or contradict the aid as I awaited the cave's maw to reveal an illumination than more than the dim light radiating around the front area where I saw. I paused my movement, and my tail tucked between my rear legs. I took a possibility I looked ridiculous with eyes barely blinking, body language alert, and posture stiff. I wanted to relax, but the barely audible whisper rode on the breeze cruising through the darkness.

I took a shaky breathe before saying, "Is someone there?" It wasn't a good hint of courage as I wished to reply with, no, rather it revealed how vulnerable I felt in this unknown terrain.

walk walk walk "blah blah blah"

Messages In This Thread
born and raised in rain - by Azulee - 02-18-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: born and raised in rain - by Marco - 02-21-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: born and raised in rain - by Azulee - 03-04-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: born and raised in rain - by Marco - 03-06-2014, 08:46 PM