the Rift

Massacre of the Transmundane

Veil Posts: 5
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
aeolle

The sterling skies above the portcullis of alien realms and contaminated grasslands, contagion cursed palisades and winding valleys drenches and soaks the mortal dimensions beneath with ashen flakes— alabaster and pearl weaving and dancing betwixt stripped dryads and harsh winter brush, the dullest sprigs of emerald standing out as a patch of flame amidst the bleakness of evening star, enraptured in the lush promise of quietude and lost upon the false brine of pacifism.
  And then the blizzard parts in its carnage, entwining it's icy fingers within a mere shadow beast whom creeps from the laid naked wreckage of the damnable world, a incubus whom must bend the simple snowflakes to his will (if only it were so true, and not the meager act of nature).

It is he, the crowned emeer of the annihilation crowned childe, agnate of the succubus King— wolven curved fangs glinting amidst the dullest and dusty lumination, for in the very prints of his mother's eons old trail he has come, he has come to spread his malevolent and nefarious rapture, his carnivorous hunger, his superiority and domination, eradication of the cretin's and high-blooded right of rule (for it is his and his kin's alone birthright to the throne, not the throngs of buffoons to whom call themselves king's and queens).
The silver tongued son of Lady Death herself has arrived, a craving of kindling blown flames curling bloody wrapped fingers in the supple flesh of his rose fleshed heart, and he has come to rule them. His name is lost among the tides of the brine, sailed out to the frigid northern storms and cast into the bowels of Loorien's crust— but the daemon son believes it was once known as Veil.

His mother had always a talent for naming her offspring, had she not?

Before his brooding cardinal oculus, Veil sees but a realm shrouded in twilight, ominous pillars towering and bubbling in the skies farthest away as smoke, greedy touch devouring the contours of his scope of vision as the bluntest of warning signs, the clearest of murmurs, the most boorish of farewells, and yet the onyx son had never been one for catching the most meager of hints.
All of this land was his.

And he would watch the very grasses cower beneath his hooves (for he was a God, and the feeble-minded inhabitants, if there were any to be found in this rotten place, had no choice but to marvel at his magnificence).
As he surveyed the (unimpressing) terrain before him, thoughts tumbling as the precise work of clockwork in his mind, a being came to him— it's fur covered frame the russet chocolate of a bushy tailed rodent, it's spine and upper frame a jumbled mix of burgeon and fungi, mushrooms, and although the sight may have stunned the more meager of his race, he did adhere with much interest to the dull minded creatures of the below ground (if the brutish emeer hungered for that other then ambitious power at the second in which it skittered upon a rock near him and gazed at him with agitated little chitters of a language he did not understand, he may have gulped it down with his carnivorous grin intact).

Could his mother possibly be in this.. decrepit and wispy frame of a land? What conquering beasts would she endeavor upon, rule over? What interest would she find in a realm of the weakened mortal beings? Did a system of sovereign extend past the wall of gloom, or did the equid who may realm the estate act as wild canines, monsters of impulse, and naught much else?
The creature is still incessantly gabbling nonsense.

The son of Lady Death is growing sick of it's song in his harks, and as a wolf to the scent of prey, his nonexistent hackles seem to raise, a glimmer of crimson and a row of amber stained teeth and a rumbling snarl of a voice that echoes from his obsidian bosom— his haunches bunch with the puissance and then the daemon lunges, ivories bared, a guttural barrage of a voice emerging from between two frozen lungs.
""I AM CREPUSCULE, I AM DISSOLUTION, I AM THE AGNATE OF THE DEMONKING!" The little being squeaks a cry from it's tiny throat, a twitch of minuscule muscle and it's bushy tail twisting into the dryads, snow kicked up as hooves draw to a halt, a harsh and elated chortle escaping his throat. "My claret runs with the molten lava that flows beneath the crust of this world, my teeth as the saws to slash down your meager right of woodland. I am a God above the likes of you."

Sweat that gathers on his hide has turned into a icy sludge in the chill of evening star, a grim smile curving upon his vermilion stained maw.
  "And you will not.. speak to me in your grovelling tongue unless I have given you my permission, rat."

--
@[Confutatis]
(A tag for this beginning post, and no more!)

Don't be
Afraid

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda

Confutatis

It had not been her intention to drift from the trail south, not with a newcomer to Helovia and to her precious regime on her tail; but as she trekked opposite of north, feeling cautionary of what undead creatures might come crawling, teeth gnashing to feast on the succulent flesh of the foolish, her nostrils had flared and caught scent of something familiar. There was a question to her amaurotic eyes as she ground to uncertain halt, head swinging left and right in order to better pinpoint the thin tendril of scent she would forever associate with the pains of childbirth and teeth clenching hard on milk-swollen teats; a birth she had let slip in the depths of her memories. Had she not left him, long ago, to be raised under the feral eyes of Draqaris in a kingdom far away- it could certainly not be h i m, the Vile, the Evil, she sniffed on the breeze of gathering storm and wind?

Apologetic as the harlot could be, she turned to Morir, asking for a favor too early on in their cautionary allegiance, unable to keep the damnable hope out of her tones. To her endearing astonishment, she was given a yes- and she lengthened her step, turning towards the mountains that shielded the Land of the Sun from the normal sorts of trespassers.

Head lowered against the stiffening wind, she made agonizing way, filled with the intoxicating odors of maternity and youth, seeds of concern wrapping tendrils around the malnourished heart of hers. Teeth grit in stubborn refusal, as the snow begins to flurry, wet white flakes of shimmering ice and crystal, catching in ashen mane and gray tail; it is a mother's strength that stirs her now, a quickening desire to be reunited with the suckling babe she had abandoned abruptly and without goodbye. The hellion had brooded on it unhappily, that she was born as a mare rather than a stallion, forced to rear a child as Draqaris had gone off to continue fighting her wars of the empire- but it had come with an unrealized advantage, opportunity. What better chance did she have to carve and construct the perfect little demon, obedient to her wishes and a king in the making?

Respect and power, that is what she taught her silver-tongued prince, and then she deserted him with scarce a thought, ecstatic at the thought of leaving the milk-stealing monster; she had taught him through deprivation of the creamy liquid and through the caress of her teeth through his forelock, the drizzle of acid on his skull. Never enough to scar- but enough to teach him a lesson when required.

Would he remember that?
Was he even here?
Her thoughts abandon Morir as she searches the forest for Veil, her firstborn, whose father was no doubt DEAD by now. Draqaris was the only she had deemed suitable to mount her (though she had regretted it later when he began to press upon her messages of love.) There was family and unison and strength above all else- the strength to take what you want, to seize the moment, but not fucking l o v e.

DemonKing, she hears.
DEMONKING.
DEMONKING!

Her step swiftens to an idle canter, not wishing to betray the urgency that beats in her chest, the weakness, to Morir; her hooves crackle and crunch, loud even among the storm, as she moves towards the glints of ebon and night ahead, the clarion cries of a child-- and she bursts forth from the trees, skidding to halt, sending the unknown fungus-infested squirrel scurrying. "Veil!" Confutatis snaps, startled as much as she is euphoric at this strange and momentous event; for what other son would carry the blood on his mouth and the ice around his eyes?

The snow flurries.
Mongrel growls. She glances for the shape of Morir to melt from the trees; and she turns her gaze swiftly to her boy.

"Veil," she croons, softly, lids slithering shut over her eyes. "I have a friend of mine here; Morir. I know you are my little prince, but this is a place very different from the kingdom of Draqaris... mind your tongue." Slowly does she exhale, release the tension from spine and shoulders, and she steps forward, swallowing back the acid, towards her son; and she curls her neck over his, a gentle embrace, as gentle as one can get from a mothering murderer.

* Note this is before she gains her magic to decay what is around her
Also, my apologies for this post, I'm afraid I spent too much time at the beginning and not enough at the end!
Powerplay of Morir permitted by Chan (Morir will be joining us in this thread!)
Join the Regime.

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable

He lets her go much to his own surprise, stunned not only by the sudden request but by the urgency he detects in her voice. Bemused and curious against better judgment he trail behind his guide, inevitably falling behind as she quickens the pace yet cloven hooves search their way forth in the same slow march as before; elegant, graceful, but slow. Not much can be done about it. It is not in the nature of this tall, towering youth to let others see him stumble and fall for the sake of naught but impatience. There is too much dignity residing beneath the shimmering midnight skin, far too much pride in that arched neck, thick and powerful beneath cascading silk as it carry the weight of massive crowns. The flowing tail slither unconcerned behind dancing flanks as the mare of blood and murder leave his side, he is perfectly able to follow her by sound and scent, unquestionable and unique in their alluring, acidic stench.

Much like Confutatis he heard the screaming of a voice somewhere up ahead, but not until she reacted did he pay heed to it or place significance upon it. Now, as he approached the blood-bound demons there was wariness in his step, a question asked by the chiseled features - that answered itself almost immediately. Would a woman such as she speak with a voice so dangerously sweetened to anyone but a lover or a child? Be it as it may that his joining of her cause had warmed her up considerably compared to the first minutes of their meeting, Morir knew that he was still being tested, much as he had yet to determine the true worth of his future queen.

As for the creature she was addressing... Conceit had reverberated through the hysterical screams released from those jaws, and so it was with some skepticism he approached, stopping well beyond the reach of hoof and teeth to listen and judge, partake in what was said.

"Family?" deep vocals inquired, effort extended to invoke security upon the guess made based on assumption alone - it would be embarrassing should he make a mistake out loud.

What if I say I will never surrender?

BackgroundLabs.com

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies! 

Veil Posts: 5
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
aeolle

A blast of frigid air caresses his dome, billowing wafts of scalding breath from his claret bathed nostrils rising as a cyclone into the heart of the tempest above— the dryad's sway, protesting against the mighty force of the cold, of the wind, and for the briefest of moments he stills.

The wind is at his croup, the hefty odor of pungent metal and salt lost upon his delicate sensory systems, but a wolf is a wolf and perhaps he can sense the trembling earth beneath him, the crunch of leaves and fragile wood, or maybe he can sense the bonds tied in bloodied rags. Perhaps it is the way the coppice sways to and fro and creates illusions of beasts in his mind. The rodent chatters once more, agitated and meek, bushy and russet tail lashing.
  His harks raise, pricking forwards at a angle, snowflakes catching on frosted lashes, cardinal depths aimed into the midst of the forest, his tail whips against his hind with expectation for whatever beasts may emerge from the gloom (If he must do battle, if death seeks fresh faces on this eve, then he shall end meager lives with glee).

She comes with a explosion of ice and snow.
It spatters upon his sweltering sinew, melting into a icy sludge and dripping down his sides, the rodent scurrying away in the midst of the chaos and alabaster spray, and before the daemon in that instance stands the ominous ship of his mother's make and kind— skull-faced dome and acerbic spittle, the saccharine scent of cruor and eradication reeking from her hide and tainting the pristine air with her aphotic presence. It is His name that spills from jagged lips in raucous precision and transparencies, it is His name that is sang into the arctic and mundane realm in which they existed, and the daemon Prince struggles with his aspirations and fascination (for a succubus is taught from birth wrath, enmity, desolation); but should he not be exalted in her presence? Should he not be festive in his jubilance, should he not cherish her as his mother? Yet the Prince does not understand such mortal emotions, does not lay among the lamb's when he is the red blooded predator of their species— and as such, it is found that only mutual revere spreads from his frame, from the sparkle of recognition amidst cardinal stone, the softening of a callous voice into that of a silvery waltz.
"Mother."

There is a fox that gnarls at her hooves, and the attention of his eyes lazily twist across its minuscule frame. Fuliginous with a splash of ice upon its bosom, paws stained a ruddy umber and glistening sanguine— or is it aureate? — depths, dual tails twirling behind him (what a curious species, he wonders, and how many others exist in this diseased estate?).
His eyes snap up once more as another is brought forwards, behind his dam, a beast of height and claimed in twilight, argent lace trailing from his spine and neck, three horns jutting from his brow and a leonine tail draped in obsidian tresses, but the most intriguing thing about the stranger to mention is that he has no eyes (unless the crowned creatures here normally dance to their foes with their lids closed, half-asleep and blind as babes). But his observation of the crowned beast is one of scientific exploration, in what ways may he serve him? In what ways may he succeed? A eyeless fool could not serve him well on the battlefield, could he? Was he possessed in some hellish magic, able to view from the sightless? Dogs that could no longer prove a purpose in the field were laid to rest, were they not?

And yet his mother croons to him once more— his audits swiveling towards her, at attention, and yet divided between the suspicious viewing of this unicorn and his dam's song. She tells him that the crowned stallion is a comrade, a ally, and yet he wonders as to her ideals when she sought this being out, when she gathered him as her follower and drenched him in dominance. She asks of him to mind his tongue (as if the silver-tongued God would do anything else), and he hums a dry greeting in response to the demand. Of course (have I ever done anything else?). There is a exhale, a breath released from her frame (he brings his full attention to her once more), and then she steps towards him, clammy flesh curling around his neck in a benign greeting (the commoners in his homeland had feared her, her acidic slaver and domination to rule, they had feared her and he had been filled with confusion, for despite her harshness, her brutal teachings, she had always been Mother to him).

Morir as she deemed him speaks of a question, a observation, and he would curl his maw into a heinous smile if he were less trained in the ways of diplomacy (it is no matter, he shall show the daft creature whom reigns supreme in this metaphorical battle soon enough). Perhaps the boy was deaf, too? It is then that he pulls from his dam's embrace, a twinkling flame among cardinal pearls, darting to the lad and his mother alike. What rank did he have in this kingdom of fools? Was he expected to treat him as a equal, as a brother, or as a bumbling commoner without the right of speech?
"Ah, yes. Lady Death so happens to be my dam, Morir. I am known as Veil, albeit I am certain you are aware of this by now." He settles on his dam once more. "I have searched long and hard for you, mother. It's good to see you once more. Tell me, for I have seen the darkness on the horizon, what haunts this.. diseased grovel?"

Don't be
Afraid

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda

Confutatis

For a moment she is inexplicably at a loss, for a fraction of a sliver of a second (Confutatis, lost? Confused? Never! At least, so she would think, and so she spins her web of lies snug around herself!) at his being, at the tangle of scents that lie around him- the brittle cold of ice and snow, the faint and rich decadence of decay. Has she grown old? Senile? For her heart gives a wintry twinge, and her brain tricks her into the scents of milk and sweat and c h i l d, but she is not some common, mothering WHORE! She was a queen, a lady, not a mare to be mounted by peasants; a rope of drool slips over her lips, and her muzzle wrinkles in passionate fury at her fucking weakness. It is with relief that he withdraws from her touch, and Confutatis gives a shudder, concerned with her maternal... feelings.

Her ears flicker back at the sound of a familiar, drawling voice, and her venomous eyes give a singular roll (how foolish he is, is it not obvious that they look the same? Oh, yes, blind, she had forgotten, but she supposed it explained his slowness.)

The wind shrieks in her ears, the blizzarding snow stinging in her eyes; she turns away, putting her haunches to the harsh breezes, swallowing back the poison that sizzles and slithers from her slavering mouth. Over such storming she hears Veil confirm and affirm of parentage and bloodlines- in silence she thanks him for his silvered tongue, an ability which she had not mastered in her years of travel and conquering. No, she corrects herself arrogantly; that was my doing, all of it, that honed ability to persuade and influence, convince and entice. She does not convey her pleasure in his sauve tones and sleek satire, the way he holds such admirable command over himself; she lets him doing the talk, at ease beside a child, a queen beside a fresh-faced prince; she is satisfied with his consolations and explainations.

If there is one thing Death is good at, it is at raising her child.

Veil, she might've sung if not for the witness of their present company; in court, you do not ignore the nobles and congressmen who are always watching, always listening. The ascension to power is marked with the making of enemies and the forging of allies- they will always tear you from the throne if you are not careful. Of war-mongering and waging, the easiest was the conquer; to hold onto power, not let it s l i p between your fingers, was the difficult part. Nonetheless, she refrains from such an open act, uncertain of Morir's loyalty, trying to think of how he would want to see her child treated (strictly? cruelly? kindly?)

"I was not long ago explaining this to our present company, Morir," Confutatis rasps, her voice lacking all the youthful silkiness of her son's. "Helovia, the land you have come to, is not usually like this... it is a place ripe with magic and citizens, worlds waiting to be conquered." Her charcoal lips move into perfected smile, but for the foam that bubbles and drips thickly from her yellowed teeth. "For now, the undead roam, corpses who walk by means of necromancy unknown to myself. The four main herds have disbanded when we forced underground to live as cockroaches would, but there is simply no way to fight the dead, at least at the present." There is a hesitation, where she puzzles over what should be said next. She lacks the natural aptitude and ability to sense what to say and what to leave out, as her son does.

"I admit my... campaign has gone poorly until now." Her amber eye flicks away from the dark colt to rest sharply on Morir, unsaid warning of a possible spy. Of what she can say around the thrice-crowned unicorn she is uncertain; their bond is at too soon of a beginning to reveal the glorying plans of the future, of ultimate domination. It is with caution that she proceeds to explanations for her child-king. "I, alongside a stallion by name of Tyradon, have begun our quests for suitable candidates for a family."

Join the Regime.

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable

Ebony arch rise and swell as chin is tucked closer to the broad chest, a silent asservation of words oozing and dripping like poisoned fluids from the lips of the beast. There is little to add, few questions demanding of answers and revelations - at least for the time being - and so the thrice impaled stag remain silent, content to listen and learn, eavesdrop on this touching reunion of creatures most foul.

A silent breath of unease slips from between those charcoal speakers, disguised as simply a breath steaming and billowing from internal furnace, offered as sacrifice to the gathering storm. Easily it is ripped apart by the howling wind, blown back into the unseeing face of the mongrel to form patterns of sorcery and curse across the sleek coat, hoarfrost pale as the silver lines coursing down the spine.
What was this darkness that clasped tightly around the chest as he listened to the unholy drawl of monsters in the night, an outsider and unknown factor by all accounts? Did he sense the doubtful look of the mother queen piercing the darkness, did he taste the silent, unspoken measure proffered by the prince of damnation?

Perhaps the act as he lower the head and turn away from them is a subconscious effort to seem inconspicuous, an act of innocence feigned to invoke trust and avoid learning of compromising information. As tall pillars bring him further away with oil-stained lips dark and treacherous taking to kiss the tainted, soot-mixed snow on the ground, those sharp ears of his stay alert none the less, alert to the slightest hint of clues, of signs and prophecies revealing potential danger or paths to glory. Be it as it may that he is untrustworthy, a force of unknown strength yet to have revealed his full capacity; he is not so stupid as to openly voice thoughts of doubt and loathing, even though the presence of this accursed offspring make his skin crawl with premonition and warning.

In part, it is to distract himself from such treasonous thoughts that he go about exploring the ground, as poisoned and tainted as it may be. Elegant tail draped in silk tresses is held well above the surface of ice and sleet as he slowly meander, the born image of boredom and disinterest. This expression changes however, because not long after this act started do cloven hooves, large and sharp uncover something beneath the surface. A hollow sound is produced as split moons clip a firm structure; it pauses the demon in his steps, intrigue invoked and thoughts set in motion. Carefully he backs up, head lowering to allow heated breath and crimson tongue to uncover the buried something - it is a process most slow and painstaking, but he figures there is time for this as the mother and son surely need time to formulate plans of actions and exchange unholy vows.

Soon enough, lest the wind blow the cold downpour back atop the item, Morir believe himself wise as to the nature of this brittle thing, this hollowed dome upon which he almost tread. The taste of it grow stale upon his tongue as lips explore a shape narrow and elongated, set with branch-like tines extending from a rounded crown to form sharp points that tease soft skin into bleeding crimson tears. A smirk, humorless and grim touch upon the lips of the beast - he has found a skull, the remains of some grazing animal of considerable size deceased some time ago. Perhaps this Orangemoon had seen its life end, or an Orangemoon before that - no flesh appear to linger on the cold bone, only the taste of ice and dark is left to savor.

A thought descends upon the hellion then, an idea most intriguing and amusing. If he is to make bed with demons and their kin, to walk a path of darkness through lands where the dead roam freely... should he not look the part as well?

Grim chuckles are stolen by the wind as he overturn the skull with a deft motion of a hoof. Carefully navigating the sharp diamond of his spears to the brittle artifact he hollow it out with some difficulty, creating room enough for his own roman nose to fit. Once completed the death-named stag brace himself, placing the tips of his own horns against the underside of the bone - and with a hefty thrust he pierce the surface like a hot ember would snow.

Some struggle and adjusting later, the grave-robber sinister and disturbing raise the head and turn back towards his self-proclaimed 'family', ironic grin snug on the lips much like the skull rests snug across his own face. The bone is cold and clammy against the skin, damp and icy still from its exposed resting place, and as he toss the head in quiet humor the weight of antlers is foreign and new on the poll. Yet he feel content as he face the demons once more, like a dark knight pulling down a helmet over his head - protected, as if this ominous piece of bone could distance himself from this rabble and murderous intent.

"You said this place was unsafe" he brusquely remind Confutatis, carelessly cutting into whatever conversation they might have held. "Let's get a move on, my liege before this weather take a turn for the worse."

Only half expecting a reaction to this new toy of his the death-stag bring down the face to tuck the mask firmer in place with a knee extended, suddenly eager to move on. Surely the ghost of this head-piece wouldn't take kindly to his act of desecration, and they would all do best to abscond as fast as physically possible.

Not that he was afraid or anything...

What if I say I will never surrender?

BackgroundLabs.com

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies!