the Rift

[PRIVATE] Well now I'm just ugly and smelly
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Fear is only the emotion of choice</style>

I stood in a cross of wanting to help in a painless way but also knowing full well that this situation could turn sour instead of just bitter—but didn’t we already have the higher ground? What was there left to fear from this poor soul, my eyes momentarily flicker to Hectors, searching for a hint that would incline what raced behind his skull. Those broad shoulders and stern eyes seemed undaunted from their task, even by sudden appearance of a soul within our kinsman.

This might just as well be a trick to lull us into dropping our guard, and it would be best to play on the safe end of such thinking. Though it should be fairly noted that this was somehow different from the usual visits we’d had from previous wraiths. The leather winged stallion, absent his former glory collapsed upon himself, and instinctively I brushed a step forward as if to aid. My body froze, shocked by the handling of emotion that coursed through veins and into my blood. “Silk.” I said softly, gentler. To rush toward him in offering, would be like me sticking my manly self into the jaws of a beast, praying they didn’t snap shut before striking home, “Forgive the pain I cause.”

My chains dropped from their levitating position above when he fell and rose for the second time. Their movement not so much with a purpose of entrapping (should our dark brother remain still), but more so for offering support—though despite my intentions, this ride wasn’t going to be a pleasant or painless one. Those links had been fashioned with the purpose of ensnaring a thrashing beast, and there was nothing to be done to make them more comfortable.“Just be still and let me do the work.” We had to move quickly, by his weakened state I wasn’t sure that our indoor wraith was going to last much longer.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Midas - 02-19-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Hector - 02-20-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Midas - 02-22-2014, 09:54 AM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Hector - 02-24-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Midas - 02-27-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Midas - 03-01-2014, 04:47 PM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Hector - 03-03-2014, 08:00 PM