the Rift

[OPEN] alone together

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
As soon as the feline could smell others, she stopped cleaning herself. She stood up on all four legs and turned around, looking at the pair walking in on them. 'Delinne?' Dezba glanced at her bonded, only to see that she was asleep. Deeply. Frick. She looked at the pair again, glaring as they came closer. A silver horse - like Deli - with a nose as red as blood, it's head covered in black waves and adorned with a stick similar to her bonded's, except it was red like his nose. Next to him was a fluffball of white, yipping and yapping, making her want to shut her ears off. 'Deli, we have guests.' Nothing. 'Delinne.' Still nothing. The cat glared at them, swishing her tail across the stone floor without making a single sound, and felt her Mother stir in her sleep. 'DELINNE. WAKE. UP.'
I would've been perfectly fine staying in this dream for eternity. We were happy again, no one around to bother us or even try to harm us. Azzaron was even more handsome than he had been at our first meeting; His coat shimmering, his eyes sparkling and his wings fluffy and big and strong. He was as healthy as I was whole. No wounds, neither inside or outside. Azarel, Destry, they were both with us. We were so happy. Until I had to wake up. 'DELINNE,' was the first thing I heard in my head when I woke up, feeling a slight headache as I opened my eyes. I hadn't been asleep for very long, had I? I glanced up and saw two creatures ahead of us. Dezba sat half in front of me and glared at the two, making me a little suspicious. 'Who are they?' I asked her, getting nothing but silence back. She was too focused. Confused and still half-asleep, I gathered my nerves and stood up, swaying a little before I regained my balance.

My gaze locked itself on the unicorn. It was taller than me, at least ten centimeters, and it had a similar coat to Lace. It's muzzle was red though, as well as it's ears and horn. The little ball of fluff next to my kin was white, sounding like lapdog which I had seen a lot of in my life. "Are you okay?" From the sound of the unicorn's voice, he was a stallion, which immediately made me more alert. I looked over him, standing as tall as I could. "Uhm.. Uh, yes. I am... I'm fine." Yeah, because stuttering is completely normal. Good job, Delinne. I looked down on the white ball again and noticed it had ears. Was it.. a dog? Or a fox? Shaking my head slightly, I focused on the stallion again and tried to make eye contact. Dezba growled under her breath and I immediately snapped my head her way. 'No.' She glanced at me and frowned, but at least she stopped. Clearing my throat, I turned my head to the stallion again. 'Should I ask who they are?' Dezba shook her head in the corner of my eye and I sighed. 'I'll do it anyways. You're just grumpy,' I thought and smiled hazily at my kin. "So.. Who are you? And what is that?" My voice was soft, but it was shaking as I was too nervous. Stallions made me nervous nowadays, since you never knew who you could trust. Azzaron had been the only stallion I had trusted in this land, but since he was dead gone now.. Well, figure it out.
As expected, a lump appeared in my throat and I swallowed hard to get rid of it. No time to get sad now. 'Put on that smile everyone loves,' I thought, and smiled at him. "My name is... Delinne. Delinne the LightningBorn." It wasn't my own title but I liked so why the fuck not?

Still confused, I shook my head and tried to make myself wake up. Some of the dried blood upon my neck fell to the ground in flakes, like blackened snowflakes. Kind of disgusting for others maybe, but I didn't care anymore. I had grown used to it, which probably wasn't a good thing, but like I said: I didn't care. "You know..." I started, glancing upon the stallion. He was rather average-looking except for that blood-covered muzzle, slim and tall like.. Azzaron. 'Stop.' "It's kinda funny how names work. And titles. Did you know, I actually was called Princess once?" I chuckled, turning my head away from him. "Yes, I was the Princess of the Kingdom Exteria. The first Princess, too," My smile became wider as I spoke. "They called me a Princess, yet they beat me up every. single. day," Another little chuckle. "It's funny. My father was a King, yet he acted like a dictator. And his little princess was beaten. Bullied. Torn apart mentally. But I managed. I'm alive, aren't I?"
I turned to the stallion again, almost glaring at him. "I escaped. That's how I stayed alive. I would've died otherwise, like my dearest mother did. She died because of my father, because she was sick of his shit," My words echoed against the walls, leaving me with the feeling that this place was terrifyingly empty.

Then I realized that I was telling this stallion my life story and immediately shut up. Nobody knew except for Azzaron. And that dragon, Mirage. With a sigh I looked down at the ground, feeling my heavy heart beat slowly inside my chest. "You know what... Forget it," I whispered before I turned my back to the stallion and lied down on the moss again. He wasn't worthy of knowing my story. Nobody was.
"Sorry," I breathed the word, not caring if he heard it or not. What was I thinking? I can't just tell anyone how my life had been. How my time as a Princess had been. I didn't even know why I still remembered it like it was yesterday when I should've forgotten it, repressed it to the darkest part of my brain, like any other horse would've done. Dezba just sat there and stared at us, looking between me, the stallion and the "fox" thing. Then she stopped at me. 'Delinne, what are you doing?' she asked, but I didn't bother answering her. She saw me. She heard me. And she knew pretty damn well what I was doing. Dezba glanced at the horned stallion and his companion before walking over to me, placing herself next to my front legs. Then she stared at the pair that had walked in on us. 'They should go,' she said, and I nodded slightly. I knew what she wanted.
"You two should go. Delinne is tired. If you can't handle a crazy, leave." My voice was different, because it was Dezba's voice. She did this sometimes, when I was too tired to speak for myself. She used my voicebox and most of the time it worked perfectly.
Then we waited.

"Talking."

ooc: @[Voodoo]
word count: 1181

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Messages In This Thread
alone together - by Delinne - 02-20-2014, 03:21 PM
RE: alone together - by Voodoo - 02-20-2014, 04:17 PM
RE: alone together - by Delinne - 02-21-2014, 08:02 AM
RE: alone together - by Voodoo - 02-24-2014, 12:32 PM