the Rift

The Icewarden

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

D E L I N N E
I'm like lightning, you never know where I struck

The journey to Mauja's home were not as long as my journey to this place Helovia, but it felt like it for my tired body. 'I have wandered long enough already', I thought, but followed the white stallion. My legs moved in a comfortable, slow pace and my muscles stretched by every movement. I had to rest soon, but still I knew I wasn't going to get a rest for a while. I noticed that another mare was a part of our company, too a unicorn. My eyes hadn't catched her before, as I had been looking at the ground to see where my hooves were going.

She was thin, at least thinner than me, and she looked exhausted. Her coat was dark, and her behind was white with spots of the same color as her coat. Though the mare was pretty beautiful, despite her condition. She leaned onto the stallion, and I smiled a bit. Not of humor, but of thankfulness to the stallion. I didn't know why exactly, but it felt right. I looked around me, and noticed how the terrain was starting to change. The trees weren't as many as before, and the ground started to change material.

I looked at the stallion and listened to him, and tried to hear the quiet words he spoke. The Edge. Once again, I looked around me. So this was the Edge. My new home, at least for now. Who knew how long I would be here? The mare in our company spoke, and I turned one ear her way.
'Food?', she said. But her stomach spoke more words than her lips could ever form. She was hungry. And now that she mentioned it, I noticed that I was hungry too. I hadn't eaten since I left my last home - or whatever you call it.
The place I used to call home was nothing but a dry valley with nothing to eat, and a grumpy herd as well. My father had been the leader for a long time, though the herd hated him. I've never known my mother, since she died before I reached 2 weeks into life.

The other mares in the herd had been forced into feeding me, since my father wouldn't let me die. He wanted me to take over the herd when he died. 'Huh, that will never happen', I thought, and grinned - almost invisible. I would never return to that bloody herd, I hated them.
This was my new home, and I hoped the other equines in this herd didn't see me as an outsider.
I ripped myself out of my thoughts, and listened to the stallion. We were here. I hadn't even noticed it. My ears turned his way, and I got a bit frightened when he warned us for the edge of the cliff. A shiver rushed through my body, and I looked around us.

I was home.

Messages In This Thread
The Icewarden - by Mauja - 08-16-2012, 03:26 PM
RE: The Icewarden - by Leyra - 08-16-2012, 04:12 PM
RE: The Icewarden - by Delinne - 08-17-2012, 01:04 PM
RE: The Icewarden - by Mauja - 08-18-2012, 04:31 AM
RE: The Icewarden - by Leyra - 08-18-2012, 10:40 PM
RE: The Icewarden - by Delinne - 08-19-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: The Icewarden - by Faelene - 08-19-2012, 10:29 PM
RE: The Icewarden - by Mauja - 08-20-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: The Icewarden - by Delinne - 09-07-2012, 11:38 AM
RE: The Icewarden - by Faelene - 09-08-2012, 05:47 PM