the Rift

[PRIVATE] Choice & Chance
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Days passed, slipping by on a stagnate wind. An unease that was growing harder to tolerate with each passing eve; I found myself gazing out from our sanctuary to seek relief. Watching the silent ash drip from heaven like black snow. My breath came out as a misty cloud and a cough whelped behind the exhale. This air was strangely heavy uptop, and it was musky moist below. Each foreign inhale was sticking in our lungs like a fungus; every tongue could likely taste how it was laced with the tainted flavor of death and discord. When would we be able to sample the wind again? Not this foul stuff, but something sweet and pure.

This darkness was far beyond my power, completely out of reach from a simple moral. It laughed in our faces, breathing hatefully down our throats with a burning fire that no cave spring could quench. A fire of need. We were creatures of light and life—our very bodies screamed for a clean breath of air, a glimpse of sunlight filtering past a bright emerald canopy. The unforgettable smell of turned earth, unmarred by blood. We’d all begun to grown tired of the decay. Whatever sin had caused this corruption I would give my life to see it paid in full. That wasn’t to say my gratitude for this sanctuary didn’t surpass mountains…Nay I’d never voice an ounce of ungrateful remark.

I’d been standing by, waiting for Fina to return from her hunt. She preferred the cold outdoors to stifling air below, and had I been made of sunlight my thoughts might have mirrored the same. That was when I heard his call, and it could only be him. Crown swiveled toward the entrance as a wash of imagery filtered across my vision. Limbs locked to prevent a stumble as lids passively shut and the vision of our cave and cascading falls imprinted itself upon my mind. He has called and I would be a fool not to respond when the father summons his child.

Eyes slipped apart and the awakened depths turned toward the distant dunes of rock and lava, nobody was around. With urgency born from the strong desire to do as he bid and my own selfish heart to see a lord I’d not witnessed since our last conversation in the veins. I turned to follow the path back into our pit. Darkness shadowed my frame, little shimmers of light followed my path gleefully as gold sprang from each clattering hoof. Would he be disappointed that I’d not yet completed his quest? Nay, such was doubtful, I’d not abandoned it—but lacked time to seek out crafters when we were constantly at war.

Earth trembled and the roar of water rose like thunder. Heartbeat quickened doublefold with a mixture of anxiety and excitement. Like a babe who had long been from his Da’s side, I yearned to see him, feel his warmth in all its familiarity. At the same time I worried for the purpose of this palaver. Agile trot slowed to a walk and the dimly lit waters came into view. Wisdom drew me to pause, head remained high with gaze searching. His presence was near, this was the meeting place burned in my mind. “Father.” I whispered.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 09:05 PM