the Rift

[PRIVATE] Choice & Chance
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I couldn’t hide my smile of unforsaken joy as the water stirred, so pure was my affection and worship for this astral creature. Reared down from family to family, stirred into life by story and an enduring love that surpassed fear. True, I feared this god above all others. But not because of power or position… Even before his frame had totally rise I’d already fallen to one knee in a revered bow, head bent toward the stones below and ears pressed ever forward. Feathers rippled against barrel, muscles keeping them tightly coiled.

It wasn’t for us to know of the struggles in heaven, considering we could barely keep up with our own problems in Helovia. I’d not understand how this evil was weighting him, pulling at his ancient power; such knowledge would have been disheartening, and it was mercy that he would keep it from me. If my lord couldn’t stand against this darkness with complete ease, then how in the world would we be able to overcome? There were greater things afoot, issues that my moral mind likely wouldn’t comprehend without his patience and manner of explaining.

His voice is a cool river of relief that I’d been so desperately searching for, my name upon those grand lips was all the encouragement needed to rise from a submissive position. Bright gaze climbs to him, “I endure as the world moves on,” my voice is nowhere near as thick as his, nor as wise, but it holds truth, “Like the whole of Helovia.”

Steadily I continue, “Some have drank from the fountain and been restored, but there are countless others beyond these walls. This war against darkness is keeping up a fragile peace for the sake of battle; time passes slowly, but it does without much discord here.” There was really little else to report, we were fighting when able and keeping up appearance. Though I found more to say, questions that filtered ahead of my brain, “Father, who stands behind this evil? Can ye tell from where it beds and can it be fought?” Without killing a weed at the root, it would surely rise again, stronger. As if to explain quick spoken questions I add ,“I…we are weary in the mind. I yearn to leave this place…” gaze slowly dropped downcast. Joy was strangled by the weight of reality; if the wraiths didn't kill us, our own insanity would.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 09:05 PM