the Rift

[PRIVATE] Choice & Chance

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

Trouble stirred in the God's warm gaze as Midas spoke, but his head bobbed gently in agreement. Midas was not one for whom he would sully the truth with niceties. The heart of the paint was strong, and his mind even stronger. Although the news he bore was not nearly as hopeful as Midas might have assumed, it would not be weighted down with falsities. The God would tell his young charge what he knew, and what he wanted.

The God smiled as Midas described how the waters he had purified had indeed served to heal those who could be brought to them; although he knew as did Midas, that there were still others inflicted who would not seek the sanctuary for aid. There were those enjoying their present predicament. But alas, this was nothing knew, and in fact was to be expected.

"Their numbers do dwindle Midas. The rate of things being cured has overtaken that of the infected, and yet they do still linger. My kin are doing what we can, and yet even we are barred from eradicating it all together. I fear this task is a tedious one, that we must labor together to complete. But it will end, Midas. Of that you can be certain - and that end draws near. It is to that end that I have called you."

Solemnly the God lowered his great brow, to be more eye-level with the sturdy campolina. He sighed, causing the tendrils of dark hair that adorned his chin to flutter slightly. He appeared more weary in that instant than ever before - his fatherly and nurturing aura wavering slightly - for it was not often that the God of the Earth asked those over whom he presided for favours. Even so, Midas was a rational creature, and the God believed he would receive his instruction well.

"Although you and your family pledge yourselves to me, I have watched you grow under the rays of the sun, and the heat of the desert. From afar, I have let this occur. I am not a jealous God, as my kin often are; where you choose to make your bed has made little difference to me, until now. You have ventured to the Foothills before - the land under my control - but you have not seen into its heart. It has been ruled both justly and carelessly, but I can no longer abide by the destruction and evil that permeates there. You have met Apollo, the gentle healer and now-leader, but I would not have him rule anymore, for I have larger plans that require your aid. In your meetings with herd ambassadors, I have seen that you have also meet Seele, leader of the band calling themselves the Asylum. I want you to help them, Midas, for they have done all that they can, but now require more aid. They cannot last in the wilderness now that their numbers have become swollen with those needing their protection. They have my sympathies - for Seele has created a haven for those with lost minds and troubled hearts - but I do not trust her to lead on her own.

I want you to forgo the Dragon's Throat and my brother, and reside in the heart of the Foothills - a place called the Hidden Falls. Not even the current leads, nor any before, know its location, but I will show it to you. There, you shall lead your family, and provide protection to the Asylum, alongside Seele.

What say you Midas? Shall you do this thing?"

Messages In This Thread
Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 09:05 PM