the Rift

[PRIVATE] Choice & Chance
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

My lord did not scowl, nor belittle my concerns. He answered readily and openly, undaunted by questions. His assurance that heaven was fighting alongside, was encouraging. The corners of my lips flicked into a small smile and his nod was returned with an acknowledging one of my own; I lingered on the ground until my lord mentioned the purpose of this meeting. The end of the darkness, a tempting topic that had crown swinging back toward his tender gaze. There was something different about the way he stood now, his power not nearly as strong and comforting as before. Perhaps it was due to the strain of evil, perhaps not. I’d not get the chance to ask further on such a topic before he moved into an explanation.

Words that followed set my heart from chest into stomach. A mixture of shock, concern, and powerful elation. I had grown under the rays of sunlight, nourished like a desert flower blooming despite the harsh world moving around it. I’d grown from a gangly colt, to a leader of power and pull. Memories, some sweet, others bitter—but all an important piece of the complex puzzle that would complete our lives. My astral guide and father had been patient, waiting for maturity to override the notions of a youthful adult. Those days, were in the past and a future lay before me. All that was left, was to step into the light.

But was I ready? My eyes closed as he finished and head fell toward chest. Part of me wanted to retreat from him, the childish part, the scared slice of my soul that yearned for the feel of sand beneath and an open sky above. Another half rose from embers he had been nourishing with soft breath since the moment of birth—it climbed upon the wings of a phoenix, brighter than sunlight and purer than starlight. The adult, the man that was within this throbbing chest.

A child must eventually shed the coat of his youth in order to gain new and wonderful things. Just as a suckling would be weaned from his mother’s breast, and spontaneous colts take their leave of home. Lids slipped apart once more, focused in on some spot in the water before shifting up, “I say what ye already knows. For ye knew the answer before it was even spoken through my lips.” A shaky breath comes forth, but with steadfast energy I reply, “I will do as ye bid with a willing heart, to completeness, or till the end of life.”

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by Midas - 02-23-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: Choice & Chance - by God of the Earth - 02-23-2014, 09:05 PM