the Rift

[PRIVATE] Thief

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The air was crisp and cold, but the Goddess didn't mind.

The snow didn't dare to fall upon her lithe lavender sides; inside a gentle wind parted the falling moisture, as if a halo hovered above her, barring anything from touching her, save for the shadows, which lingered and lurked. The Goddess' silver features positively gleamed in the bleakness that thwarted Helovia. Even so, and perhaps oddly, the moon hung high and bright above, casting a silvery and cold light upon those who still walked on the surface.

This plague had certainly dwindled in size, but it was still here - and it could grow, if certain measures were not taken...

But that was not why the Goddess' had draped herself in flesh and come to the Heart. No, it was to seek out two mortals in particular; two who had caught her gaze in the wake of Mirage's disappearance.

"Come darlings. Come out of your darkness and into mine.." She whispered, velvety lips turned upwards in a sly smile. The words fell to the ground, slithering into the depths of the caves like two snakes, intent on finding the ears of Kahlua and Kaj. They carried in themselves the Goddess' words, but also an image of her beautiful form standing just outside of the caves, basking in the moonlight.

They would come to her, and they would do so quickly, if they knew what was good for them.

Private. For @[Kahlua] and @[Kaj]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
How many more days would the girl have to live underground? It was odd- she loved how many horses there were. And during the day, when a little bit of light streamed in from the winter sky, the cave was good enough. There were friends, food, water, safety. She danced like a brilliant light, spreading cheer through the masses when she could. She met, she befriended, she danced, she laughed. And when she saw Kaj, when she saw Resplendence, Brisa, Alysanne, Aaron, Mauja, her heart soared and she was in heaven. When she saw them she wasn't trapped beneath the earth any longer.

But, days didn't last forever. And when the nights came, when the sun disappeared and the only light left was the gentle glow of the mushrooms, the happiness disappeared. And when she closed her eyes, when she tried to take a moment to sleep, everything changed. The nightmares came, unspeakable terrors that haunted the poor girl. Every horror that had ever haunted her came back to life in the darkness of the night and every night the girl woke screaming. It showed. Even though she danced between friends, even though she laughed and played, whenever she had a spare moment she devolved into an exhausted shade of a woman.

But just when she needed it most, just when she was leaning against a wall, her body threatening collapse and give up, she heard something that gave her body and soul the lift they needed. The voice of her Goddess, her queen whose voice she had heard once before, and she opened her eyes and lifted her body from the wall. And for once, the idea of leaving the cavern did not frighten her, the thought of stepping from the safety of the stony walls did not make her cringe and shiver. For once, she felt brave.

Quickly, with purpose, she made her way to the cavern's opening, climbing up the stony slope that she had slid down so long ago, and exited into the cool winter air, the lavender Queen standing before her, the snows parting around her as if they dare not touch her godly frame. As for herself, Kahlua extended her forelimb and curled her nose around, dipping down into a bow, as if the action could honor the goddess with the respect she deserved. “My queen,” she murmured, the reverence and awe in her voice as clear as it could ever be. To simply have been summoned was a honor. What could the Lady Moon want of her, a simple Glazier?
Kahlua
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The Goddess turned her petite form towards the painted girl emerging from the shadows. Velvety lips turned upwards in a polite smile, as her silvery gaze danced over the kneeling form of the former glazier.

"Kahlua." She cooed softly, tailing swishing gently against her hocks. "You didn't waste anytime coming up here...You've beaten poor Kaj..." Pausing, the Goddess winked as a silvery and cold laugh parted her lilac lips. "I like that. I understand that when Mirage left our lovely cliffs, she named her own predecessors. Lace and Kaj, was it? Well..."

Tutting softly under her breath, she shook her muzzle in a condescending manner, as a sly smile spread across her features. "That just won't do. Those lands are mine, and for as grand and brawny as kings are, they wouldn't be anything without a queen.. That shall be you child. You shall take your place alongside Kaj, and rule the Edge."

She paused to let this promotion sink in, her leonine tail dancing anxiously around her lavender form.

"Keep one thing in mind, Queem. Rule the World's Edge with me in mind, not Mirage. Your lands forever belong to the mist, and the night; to me. Do not dwell on those who ruled for you, for you and Kaj have my blessing."

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

It is nothing particularly invasive that catches his eye and draws his attention from whatever it is he's doing. All that could be, or possibly even is, transpiring is promptly forgotten as soft beckoning words touch his ears. It is clearly the Goddess, the only fae of the celestials, calling for him. Nobody else turns head, seemingly unable to hear her words, but out of the corner of his eye a dark head lifts and turns towards the source. Kahlua, he recognizes almost instantly, and his heart glows in his chest to see her moving towards the exit of the Sanctuary. Kaj trusted the Moon Goddess in ways he had never felt before, and seeing Kahlua basking in similar feelings- enough to overcome her fear of leaving the safety of the Sanctuary- had pride welling inside like a tidal wave. The vision of Her, in all beauty and mysterious grace she beholds, calms the storm forever raging in his heart. It is time to go home, to the stars and the glow of the luna above, to the coils of mist and the shadows the lengthen between the trees. His heart can still feel the beating of the tides against the rocks, timed so perfectly with the beating of the proud vessel inside. Since his arrival, it had been all he'd ever wanted. The Edge was his home, and would forever be as such.

Behind Kahlua he walks, making sure she is safe, but he stands farther back in the system of caverns and as such is far later to arrive. In the moonlight above, his Goddess is a stunning example of sophistication, and her airy chimes of laughter are familiar despite having never before been in her presence. "It seems I've arrived late," he laughed softly, though there is a slight tone of sheepishness in his lyrics. He sweeps himself into the lowest bow he can muster gracefully, massive wings sweeping before his breast as he renders himself prostate to the beautiful Queen of the Night. "My Queen," he murmurs softly in greeting, standing moments later to stand beside the painted lass accompanying him.

All he has heard is that Kahlua shall rule as Queen beside him, and he smiles approvingly, looking over in hopes of catching her blues. "You will be a fine Queen, Kahlua. Let's hope I may keep up with you," he chuckles, proud that she has pleased the Night Queen in ways unknown, granting her passage into such an important and revered role. For now there is no fear, nothing but revelry and calm. Kaj turns his eyes to the Goddess before them, and his features take on the proper position of respect. "Thank you, my Queen. For watching over us, for giving us home long before this plague came upon us. I am indebted to you, and I will strive to hold your title high." He only hopes that she can see inside him, to the places without words. Can see the fierce love for her, for her lands. He is the embodiment of her boundaries, and ever since Tor had directed him to the misted lands, he had never looked back. There would never be a day when he would. The Edge was all he knew and needed. His head tilted once more to the violet maiden, humbled, and wished he knew what else to say.

KAJ
Everybody with your fists raised high-
Let me hear your battle cry

image credits
table by whit

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
As she withdrew from her bow and the Queen of the Night began talking, Kahlua listened with rapt attention. Her blue eyes shimmered in the moonlight and her mind, though exhausted, ran through every possible reason for this meeting, for these words, that she could imagine. But the list was short and she was out of options even before her Queen finished speaking. But she was not left to wonder long. The Goddess named Kahlua queen and the painted girl almost fell to her knees to grovel, to give thanks that surely words could never convey.

She was saved only by the appearance of Kaj, by his kind words and vote of confidence, and her heart danced anew. And as he came up alongside of her, spoke eloquently in a way that Kahlua never could have managed, she shoved her neck against his if he would allow it, enjoying the cool feeling of the glass chainmail that she had crafted for him not so very long ago. And when he finally finished, and when it was her turn, Kahlua found her voice again, the soprano as joyous and lively as it had ever been.

“You honor me,” she said through smiling lips, her eyes dancing like her hooves longed to. “I'll- we'll- make proud, I promise,” she said then, truly a child at heart. But obviously the Goddess had seen something in her that she had not. Perhaps it was her decision to stand up for the downfallen Mauja, perhaps it was her decision to spread peace throughout the land, or perhaps it was her dedication to her position as Glazier that had give her such good graces in the eyes of Lady Moon. Whatever it was, the painted girl could not have been more pleased.

“Thank you." What more could she say?

And in her head, she kept careful notice of the warning given to her by the Queen. This was her herd now, not Mirage's for her to watch over.
Kahlua
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Helovian Ancient
Admin

Kaj arrived as the Goddess pronounced Kahlua queen; she turned her silvery gaze to his golden form as he tried to laugh it off. Well, that simply wouldn't do. He was at her beck and call, and he ought to show her proper respect. "Oh, silly mortal, you'd do better not to lag behind in the future," she told him, her threat veiled behind a girlish giggle. But it was clear in her eyes that he was not to be pert with her. He offered more, though, thanking her for her blessing and protection. Even if it was not, strictly speaking, her first priority to keep an eye on them, she preened at his worshipful words, blessing him with a smile.

Her leonine tail flicked as Kahlua overcame her apparent awe and emerged from behind Kaj's mane. Though her own thanks were brief in comparison, they were choked out, and the Goddess was pleased that she could elicit such a fearful, awestruck response from the girl. "As for you, Queen, you would do well to make your own way. As handsome and silver-tongued as he is, your King is not your leader. You are equals, darling. Do act like it." With that, the Lady of the Night bowed her head to them. Light shone through the cracks in the rocks around them, and she dissolved before their eyes, fading into the moonlight and whispering upward through the ground, back into her own domain.

"Remember," her voice echoed through the cavern, "Your positions are mine. You serve me. Do not stray." And then, she was gone.