the Rift

[OPEN] let the caged bird sing

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Freedom was a new found thing. The first sign of actual, sunny daylight and Elsa was out. She stepped forth from the dark recesses, her eyes shining like sapphires in the newfound... bright, not dark, sunlight. She reared and whinnied so loud and obnoxiously high pitched that anyone within the area would have heard her loud and clear. Her body lunged into flight, enjoying the bright, sparkly snow as it fell around her. She twisted and flipped in the air, stretching out the long suppressed wing muscles. The feathers glittered in the light, the air ruffling them, ridding the scent of the murky, dark cave.

As she glided over the landscape, she decided she should pay more attention to the precious wilderness. Below her, a large river stretched as far as the horizons. The beautiful purple and white meadow waved up at her, greeting her like a long awaited friend. She whinnied, tumultuously spinning for them, even though the thistles were dead amidst this winter. She had waited so long to be out here! A grin was plastered on her face like a drunken fool, with not a care in the world.

Quickly a beautiful nook of foliage caught her. She alighted the ground, just outside a grove of willows. Even in the white barren landscape provided a scene that was just breathtaking. The ice clung delicately to the barren branches which were weighed down by the snow. It glittered like thousands of diamonds among the sunlight. She laughed, and like a puppy dog, rolled on the ground. She kicked her legs up at the icy branches like a baby. Her body shifted it's weight from side to side, creating an odd looking snow-horse figure. When she jumped up to review her work, it honestly looked like some grotesque version of a butterfly. Elsa was pleased anyways, and stomped her feet excitedly. She raised her head high and pranced around like a filly, oblivious to if other eyes had discovered such a magical, and arousing place.

[@[Rostislav] first!]
"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

Well it's certainly a new world. I barely got a glimpse of Helovia when I first arrived, only seeing the threshold, and then the caves. But now I've left the caves, and already seen where the Ancient Rotunda lies. Now I'm in a new place, or at least, I think it is a new place. The trees have changed. Instead of being tall, more muscular trees as I would describe them, there are many willows, and there's something... soft about this place. Soft, in spite of the frosty cold. And then I can smell it. The faint.. growing stronger... overwhelming scent of sex.

Ooooohhhhhh.... This must be the mating grounds of Helovia. Well now what have I stumbled upon here! I look around me, instantly wondering if there are free ladies I can suck up to and maybe... well.... hehe. I huff slightly. There's no one in sight, which makes sense.. it's the middle of winter. But even if there were... I look back upon my rump where the tiny puppy is curled up in a ball, her little claws stuck in my hide to help her hold on as I move slowly - and always a little awkwardly. Of course, her claws aren't as sharp as they'll probably be when she's older, but it still hurts a little now. But it's worth it. I smile back at her, she's my little one.

I hear branches snapping near by, and my head jerks around to look in the direction of the noise. My ears pin back.. branches snapping.. and falling. What could be going on? I move closer, softly, and find myself eyeing a winged lady frolicking in the frost. Her glee is evident, and I wonder what makes her love the snow so much. I'm not against snow, just because I've been around it so much, but I prefer the spring and summer. She blends in with the snow on the ground, and only from her movement can I really tell she's there - plus a tinge of blue on her wings.. and something on her shoulder.

I watch quietly, not sure whether to announce my presence or not. On one hand... LADY. Mmmhmmmm.... But on the other hand, crazy snow lady, and my baby Damaris. Best not to do anything, I suppose.

Text text text.
"Words words words."
OOC: for the sake of my sanity and large number of egg threads, I'm going to say this thread is happening after the hatching of Damaris ^_^ hope that's okay

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Her laughter and happiness was endless. It was amazing how quickly she recovered from her times of sadness and depression. It was in these very moments that she forgot about all the pain and anger that had ever plagued her life. Instead, she was so intent on knocking down the icy branches that nothing else in the world existed. Her clear hooves kicked, hitting nothing but air. She focused, still on her back in the snow, and aligned her hooves carefully with the branches. With one, forceful shove her hooves went flying upwards making contact with a rather large branch. A connection was made, and a large crack echoed throughout the landscape. The next thing Elsa knew, a huge branch was moments away from falling on top of her. With a squeal she shoved to her left side, the entirety of that side now pressing against the snow. The branch squealed and cracked one final time before landing beside her white body with a thud. She shuddered and got to her feet.

Her head spun at the speed of the movements and she swayed a bit. Her eyes readjusted to the new, right-side-up look on life. Not far off, a rough outline of a horse centered into her view. As the fuzz turned to focus, she noticed he was a dark bay unicorn. He was a small thing, well, smaller than her and had the most peculiar horns peeking up from his body. Something odd was perched on his back, but she could not make out the figure.

With a creepy stare she watched him, finally breaking to shake her body. The remaining snow fell around her in tiny piles, returning to the land from which they came. Sometimes she wished she could blend in so easily. She stretched her wings, which now ached from the vigorous burst of energy. Her hooves carried her so she was closer to the stallion and she nodded her head. Not quite sure what to do. One thing she sucked at was talking, whether it is small talk or trying to give a speech. Either attempt ended up as an udder failure. Get it, like cows. They were udder failures. I mean, who carries something around like that on their bellies. She too looked underneath her stomach, making sure she didn’t have such weird appendages. She giggled at this thought as it crossed her head before shaking it again, trying to return to a more normal and proper state. "Hello there. I'm Elsa. Sorry if I was being disruptive, I just have a tendency to get a little crazy in winter." She said sheepishly, her eyes traveling to the stallions rump, focusing on the little puppy-like creature curled up. "Is that a companion?" She asked, her blue eyes moving back to his face area. She remembered the few she had come across, but the creepiest one was definitely the wisp. How is smoke animated?

[@[Rostislav]]
"Talking"
Elsa

She doesn't notice me at first, and I realize she is still engrossed in knocking snow and ice off of the branches. Watch out... you'll get ... yep, she moves out of the way just in time to avoid a branch falling on top of her. When the branches freeze they become more fragile themselves. Sometimes instead of breaking off the ice and snow, you break the branch itself. What a silly thing. But she seems to have figured it out well enough. And that's when she notices my presence, too. She gets herself up from the deep snow and spreads her cramped wings. If I had wings I'm sure they'd be cramped, too. Though, I've never had them, so I can't quite imagine the feeling. I look back at my tail.. maybe it would be like not being able to swing my tail back and forth. I turn my attention back to her as she approaches. She's quiet at first, and I'm a little unnerved. Or maybe it isn't unnerved.. just... confused. All that energy and then suddenly she's quiet and still. I cock my head, showing my befuddlement.

She speaks at last! At first, just an apology for her outbursts. Well.. if you like a season that much I guess you'd better show it. Better than exploding. I chuckle at the thought, wondering what that would look like. Feathers going everywhere, at least in the case of this one. Elsa, she introduces herself. I think about the name for a moment. Very... girly. Well, she IS a girl after all. Old enough for my taste. (Hey, I'm not into kids. That's just wrong.) And then there's that.. that scent. I bite my tongue to keep the chuckle from spilling out. But her attention has been diverted.. toward Damaris. I look back over my shoulder at the resting pup, and look back at Elsa. "You were only disrupting the natural stillness." My voice is not quite cold, but more... dry. My innate defensiveness when it comes to Damaris is already prickling, but I'm keeping it at bay. "I'm Rostislav. That is Damaris."

Text text text.
"Words words words."
OOC: Hmm.. what do you think.. will they end up friendly sparring, or angry sparring?

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

He looks over his shoulder towards the creature curled up on his rear end. First addressing her failure to pay attention, only stating that she disrupted the silence. Elsa paused for a moment, wondering if she should counter his words. The world was never still, even in the silent moments that paused between them, noises were ever present. The creaking of the branches, the small gusts of wind, and the crackling of ice, were ever present. The world was never quiet.

He introduced himself as Rostislav, and the puppy creature, as Damaris. The names were quite odd; she had never heard anything like them before. They were very foreign, although she shouldn’t be the one to comment, her name probably sounded as odd as anyone else’s. She shrugged, moving back to the topic that had plagued her mind before. She didn’t want to be someone who stirs up trouble, but she thought her point was good enough. To a listening ear, silence was never present. A lazy flick of her tail and she hesitantly started, looking to Rostislav. Goodness his name was going to be hard to remember… it rolled weirdly around in her brain. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you Rostislav..." then she looked to the puppy. "And Damaris." She smiled. "Technically though, I did nothing to disrupt silence. Someone, or something, is always the cause of sound. And the world is ever moving, keeping the stillness from being... still." She finished sassily, looking around as nonchalantly as possible. "Not that I wish to cause offense, it was only a musing of my crazy mind." She laughed weakly, hoping to kill any rage within him, if he had built any up. She wasn't one for conflict, but if it so arose, she would fight it in a heart beat.

[@[Rostislav] :: I have no idea yet. xD Elsa really could swing either way.]
"Talking"
Elsa

The mare seems to consider my words, careful in her response as she takes in my greeting. She smiles at Damaris, a little less at myself. That's quite alright, though. I know that I am not always the easiest to get along with, and sometimes I can be a little put-offish. It's something I no longer worry about. I twitch my leonine tail from side to side. I dip my head politely toward her and lift a smile as well. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Elsa." Her reply comes out with spunk and attitude, which amuses me slightly. She's defensive, but in a suitably playful manner. My eyes don't sparkle, don't show my amusement at her response - unfortunately, my eyes just don't really sparkle. That's what pure white, fucked up eyes will do to you. "Sure. There would be noise anyway. Do you think it is fate that you were the one to make it?" I chuckle and walk up toward her, breathing in deeply and taking in her scent. I reach out with my nose, wanting to touch the velvet of my muzzle to her white feathers. Of course, she may back away before I can reach and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if she did. I'm not sure I'd let a stranger get up so closely to me. Well, yeah, I probably would. Just not with Damaris here. Until she is able to fend for herself, I am her shield, her protection. Damaris wakes up from her rest and stretches on my rump, ending with her claws digging into my rump. I wince. Her claws are getting longer now, sharper. I hope that I won't become a permanent pin cushion for her. She looks on and I sense that she wonders why I am so close to Elsa, but also seems a little annoyed that I'm breaking an innocent mare's personal bubble. I move away from Elsa, wondering if the pale pegasus is annoyed by me. "How about we make some noise of our own?" Before she gets the wrong idea, thinking perhaps I mean my big belly on her pretty back, I quickly add, "A spar, I mean. Stabby horns, flappy wings, stompy hooves. What more fun could we have?" I wink, and Damaris yips, seeming to be entertained by the idea. Sounds like a plan to both of us.

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread