the Rift

Dear Abby

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Dear Abby,

My mother and I can’t seem to agree on a wedding dress. She tells me that she has the photos in mind, so she’s set on something "classic" and “timeless” (basically, delicate and frilly). I’ve always wanted something more edgy: a plunging neckline, some metallic sparkle, beading…something to spice it up a little, you know? She’s helping me pay for the dress, so her opinion matters, but I want to be happy. What do I tell her?

Help!

A Blushing Bridezilla
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa protects herself.

My mother and I can’t seem to agree on a wedding dress.
Fluff? Or could be the wedding dress, she is cremello, which is a classic wedding dress color.

She tells me that she has the photos in mind, so she’s set on something "classic" and “timeless” (basically, delicate and frilly).
Elsa looks as if she is delicate or frilly. Also has a lacy marking.

I’ve always wanted something more edgy: a plunging neckline, some metallic sparkle, beading…something to spice it up a little, you know?
Yet she's independent and strong-willed.

She’s helping me pay for the dress, so her opinion matters, but I want to be happy. What do I tell her?
She wants to apologize to her family (mostly sister), but realizes she needs to stay away to be happy. She's conflicted about her home.

*edit to add lacy to marking. xD
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Anayis Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"I will remain free." - Anayis is safe.

Dear Abby, -"Abby sounds awfully close to Anayis...." Anayis starts with an 'A', making the names sound very close. [name reference]

My mother and I can’t seem to agree on a wedding dress. - "Beautiful you may be, but not witty with your words, Nasreen." Wedding dresses are supposed to be elegant and beautiful. Quoted from Anayis' Profile: "Creamy locks, entwined with silver, fall in loose waves down the side of her gently sloped neck." This could also be a description of a wedding dress if you took out the word 'neck' and put in the word 'back' or anything really. [appearance references]

She tells me that she has the photos in mind, so she’s set on something "classic" and “timeless” (basically, delicate and frilly). - "Classic and timeless... two words describing me." Anayis' wings are white, which is how most pegasi are drawn today. Dating back very far, pegasi have been drawn with white wings, making the white-wing-ness of them a classic and timeless asset to pegasi. [appearance reference]

I’ve always wanted something more edgy: a plunging neckline, - "Cough. This isn't worth any value to me." Fluff

some metallic sparkle, beading…something to spice it up a little, you know? - :D "Gimme dem sparkles." Anayis' (quoted from her profile: "Her golden coat seems to glitter and ignite when the sun's rays strike.") coat is glossy so it seems to sparkle in the sun. She's golden, so that spices the traditional all white up a little.

She’s helping me pay for the dress, so her opinion matters, but I want to be happy. What do I tell her? - "Cough. This isn't worth any value to me." Fluff

Help! - "Cough. This isn't worth any value to me." Fluff

A Blushing Bridezilla - "I may be known to be slightly...crazy? (is that the term Helovians use?" Brides are female-- Anayis is female. This may refer to her arrogance & flirtatiousness. Considering brides should probably not be completely rude to other horses. She claims she's sophisticated, but she's just really snotty. On the show called Bridezillas, all the girls are kinda crazy... >.> [personality reference] [sex reference]

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Nasreen blinks innocently. Neither are sought.

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
Zuriel scoffs her safety

--> Wedding dresses are white. So is Zuri

she’s set on something "classic" and “timeless”
--> Unicorn, and old breeds (andalusian x arab)

(basically, delicate and frilly).
--> Very delicate build

I’ve always wanted something more edgy
--> Has eight horns. Pretty 'edgy'

A Blushing Bridezilla
--> Zuri's a bitch, & female

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy
Morana huffs “Just in case” I'm safe.

My mother and I can’t seem to agree on a wedding dress.- (Morana and her Mother argue in her head all the time)

She tells me that she has the photos in mind, so she’s set on something "classic" and “timeless” (basically, delicate and frilly). – Describes what Morana’s step mother would have wished she would become.

I’ve always wanted something more edgy: a plunging neckline, some metallic sparkle, beading…something to spice it up a little, you know? – Describes her dangerous side, also mentioning her necklace perhaps, the metallic chain and red bead at the end.

She’s helping me pay for the dress, so her opinion matters, but I want to be happy. What do I tell her? – Morana is constantly doing things her mother suggests, as she’s helped her get by through the years.

Help! - Fluff

A Blushing Bridezilla – Seductive, but a killer at heart.

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Nasreen shakes her head. She seeks neither.

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Lace and his Spark Amulet were sought.

Dear Abby,

Fluff, just sets the scene for the next lines.

She tells me that she has the photos in mind, so she’s set on something "classic" and “timeless” (basically, delicate and frilly).
"Timeless" refers to Lace's near immortality. He is "timeless" because he has stopped physically aging. As Elsa realized, "delicate and frilly" were hints at his name, Lace.

I’ve always wanted something more edgy:
Lace was a member of the Edge and was quite involved there, very nearly becoming Mirage's successor.

a plunging neckline, some metallic sparkle, beading…something to spice it up a little, you know?
Metallic sparkle refers to the gold dusting on Lace's back.

She’s helping me pay for the dress, so her opinion matters, but I want to be happy. What do I tell her?
The rest is fluff, closing out the letter and asking for advice in typical "Dear Abby" style.

Help!

A Blushing Bridezilla

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25
Sevin

"Timeless" refers to Lace's near immortality. He is "timeless" because he has stopped physically aging. As Elsa realized, "delicate and frilly" were hints at his name, Lace.
+1- good clue for his magic and name

Lace was a member of the Edge and was quite involved there, very nearly becoming Mirage's successor.
+1- herd reference, good

a plunging neckline, some metallic sparkle, beading…something to spice it up a little, you know?
+1- color reference

The rest is fluff, closing out the letter and asking for advice in typical "Dear Abby" style.

+3- pass

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
FAIL

Dear Abby,

-1| [No ref] this line is a bit misleading to me because it involves some important themes like disagreeing with your mother or wedding/romance which would have made me think really heavily on them and none of which are really applicable to Lace. This is also 1/2 fluff in this riddle which is a lot considering how many lines total there are.

0| [Magic ref] There's a lot going on in this sentence so needing to pick out that one word, figure out it relates to a magic, and then which character would have that kind of magic was all a bit much. If the clue had provided a bit more direction or emphasis it would have been plausible but as is this didn't ring any bells with me.
+1| [Name ref] Really liked the name ref.

+1| [History ref] I thought this was pretty clever.

0| [Color ref] metallic sparkle could mean a lot of things, none of which made me think it was Lace's gold dusting. I think this would have been more passable if you had specified it as a gold, or used a different word than sparkle which doesn't fit in with a dusted color on a body, but more the way actual metal shines.

0| [No ref] Fluff.

1/3 necessary to pass

Just overall I needed to feel the clues provide more direction instead of one key word hidden among a bunch of other nonsense ones, or at least words that stood out more as key words because often your lines would have several I'd want to pay attention to.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Rayo the Reindeer Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Mare :: Other :: 16.2 hh :: 21
Rayo
Dear Abby,

-1 | I feel that this is misleading. When I saw wedding dress, I was immediately thinking of someone white, like your tradtional wedding dress (especially when paired with the next line).

+1 | Timeless clue.
+1 | Name clue.

+1 | History ref (lol play on words).

0 | I don't feel that this clue was as clear as it should have been. I thought the focus was 'spicing it up,' not specifically the metallic sparkle. Point more clearly to the metallic sparkle and it would have been better.

Help!

A Blushing Bridezilla

2/3 necessary to pass. This is a very close FAIL for me.