the Rift

[PRIVATE] a prayer for my friends

Carnesîr Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
wanda

Carnesîr

Maybe, just maybe, his worrying was unnecessary. Onni was strong; she was powerful; she was a pegasus with the glorying light of the sun dripping from her coat. It was he who needed help during the treacherously dark times, he who was the craven boy who ran with his tail between his legs. Not Onni, with her sparkling eyes and her wonderful hope- but he missed her. He missed them all, all of his Helovian ladies, beautiful women he counted as friends: Lena, Huyana, Frost Fyre, Shadow, and Onni. No, not really Frost Fyre, who made him feel vaguely uncomfortable but who he was glad to know as safe in the caverns.

But in any case he wanted to see them, all of them. Now.
And what if one of them were hurt? His dear, lovely friends, lying broken, swallowed, devoured by the darkness that was outside?

He crawled from the bowels of the earth, into shadow, finding bravery in his yellow-bellied cowardice. It was time to redeem himself (though he did not think of it that way)- time to find those he loved and cherished, to make sure they were okay. They could not be wraiths, they just couldn't, but maybe they were lost. He could help them to the Underground, where he wasted so many of his days shedding tears. It was time for his courage. Of course, it did help the darker did not lie so thick; it made him breathe a little easier, move more confidently.

The boy traveled quickly, first to the place he had known as the Veins of the Gods.
If he were lost out here, that's where he would go: to be near the gods, to ask for their guidance. Carnesîr did not like the whispers that curled around him, the rustling of what he could not see in the corners of his eyes- but nothing leaped to attack him (he was glad for that) and while he did not dawdle, he did not hurry as he normally would have. He kept eyes peeled and nostrils clear in case he might find one of them, or see them, or scent them on the frigid breeze. Sometimes he called for them in elvish peals, their names the only distinguishable part of any babbling sentence.

There was no luck.

It was in silence, on a cool, star-lit night, that he ascended the path towards the gods' palace, hoping beyond hope for a sign of his friends. Let them be here, he prayed, eyelids squeezed shut in his determination. Let them be safe. Up and up he went.

There was no one waiting for him.

And he closed his eyes, hoped again, and opened them- no one. Again and again he tried, attempting to use a power he knew was not there (he could not teleport them, and it was folly to try.) It smelled of salt and brine- not like dust and sweat and warm horse, like Shadow, not spring blossoms and snow, like Lena, not dust and photosynthesis, like Onni. It seemed like misery and decay and death, 'cause fuck them, they weren't here.
He wants to cry, but he sobbed his heart out a long time ago. No, he would do something useful, pray to the gods he wasn't sure he believed in.

"Please, let them be safe," Carnesîr sighs, letting the wind steal the words away. "Please, Sun God- I know Onni loves you. Let her be safe. And Shadow too, she lives in your home... I don't want them to get hurt. It's dark and cold and vile out here- let them be safe! Lord of Time, Spark God, Huyana and Lena and Frost Fyre live in your basin, your mountain land. Let them be healthy and strong- stronger than me. Stronger than fucking me. I am weak and small and little and unimportant- I don't care. Just let them all be safe. Onni, Shadow, Frost Fyre, Lena, Huyana..."

He keeps their names close to his heart; even if they're cold, maybe, just maybe, they could feel the heat of his passion for them.

Image Credits
thanks to tamme for the table base

@[Ampere]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Justice without force is powerless
Force without justice is tyrannical.
- Blaise Pascal

The wind cradled her as she moved through its domain, her worries, her fears and her misery swept away in the stream of the breathing gods. It was a rare moment in which she was okay, as Sacre had put it.

It had been a delightful surprise to her when she had moved toward the Sanctuary entrance to pine at the collapsing world again, that sky was visible. She had blinked multiple times at first, her mouth gradually falling ajar as she watched a lone cloud drift across the heaven's floor, wonderfully lacking the monochromatic color scheme of destruction. She'd needed to break free immediately and had gone galloping across the Heart, swift as an arrow until the speed drug against her wings and lifted her into the great ocean of air.

She had been flying since.

The movement of her body was a welcome distraction to the stillness of the refuge underground and the endless churning of her thoughts. Of course out here, caught in the mane of the world, it was just as easy to think. For the time being however, the splendor of flight was so overwhelming that all she found was peace, or at least, enough of it. She caught glimpses of the infected horses as she moved, and though they still riddled her with terror, she would rather risk them than waste away underground on a beautiful day like this.

One thing that did find her however, was exhaustion. Her muscles had gone to waste in the burrows and sweat clung to her now even as she drifted on thermals. She wanted to soar until all the feathers had fallen from her wings, but she knew it was a fool's errand, particularly with the shadows still hanging boldly in the corners of their existence. She turned towards the closest place to settle, glad at least for what she had been given thus far.

Ampere's body met the ancient and ruined ledge of the shrine with a click of hooves and a ruffle of feathers. It was sloppier than she intended, her weariness stronger than she expected, and due in part to the torrid of the airways surrounding this rock. She shook cave dust from her coat as her wings settled against her back, the softness of the moment allowing her to finally overhear the mumbling across the plateau. Her blue gaze leered over the broken path, just making out the outline of a horse bowed into himself.

Initially Ampere hesitated, wondering if it was a wraith, and if not, exactly how social she wanted to be in this moment. "Celebrations are always better with two," she thought, smiling as she strode towards the stormclad boy.
"Hi," she greeted as the distance closed, hoping to alert him - he seemed rather focused. She could not hear what he said, and though her ears flicked forward, she did not mean to eavesdrop, her conversation an attempt at that. "I was hoping you would share this moment with me." Ampere flashed him a lopsided smile, its jagged lines enhanced by the asymmetrically chaotic mark across the left side of her face. "I wanted to savor this day. It's full of promise, isn't it?" She lifted her head as a breeze drifted past, her eyes gleefully closing as the invisible hands played in her mane.

A M P E R E

aeolle.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Carnesîr Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
wanda

Carnesîr

He wants to collapse. It seems, that in absence of tears, he has grown weary; his limbs drag, weighted pillars, and he feels utterly lacking in the clumsy grace that is his trademark. Nonetheless, he persists in his prayers, forsaking his exhaustion for hopes of safety for his friends. Maybe the gods would take note of his selfless sacrifice (you know, because it was soooo large.) He hoped so. The sooner he was convicted of the lovely ladies' safety, the happier he would be, and the quicker he could go back to his regular moping and over-excited flirting.

Wrapped up as Carnesîr is in his softly spoken murmurings, he remains oblivious to the sound of wingbeats in the air. And even if he were to notice, perhaps he would only find himself disappointed that it was not a god ascending to answer him.

Yet it is impossible not to hear the clatter of hooves as the mare comes in for landing, or the sound of her cheerful voice interrupting the shhh-shhh of the distant ocean. His ears flick back in acknowledgement of her presence, and he ignores her while he finishes his last preaching sentence. When completed, Carnesîr lifts his head, tail giving a frivolous little twitch, a ripple shaking down from shoulders to hips. "Hello," he returns, his voice cracking slightly over the familiar word; his throat is dry from all his talking.

The silver stallion turns to face her, letting a smile drift over his rather vacant features. It is clear through his fidgeting and the distance in his eyes he is rather distracted, but he tries to listen to the mare, even while his thoughts skip around.

And then he looks at her again.
And god she is pretty.

Fuck. All Helovian women are too pretty for their own good.
Or for his own good.

The grullo startles, cringing a little from her, as if he is finally noticing her (which he is) and his smile widens into something beautiful, a crescent curve that simply glows. "I didn't realize when I came to Helovia all the mares were beautiful." He sings cheerfully, in that atypically senseless way of distant flirting he has found his habit. "The night and day only as beautiful as this woman I find before me," he laughs, tail curling and whipping around his fetlocks. "But yes, it is exciting isn't it? If only the sun lord were back... then I could be confident it won't last forever."

He heaves a sigh, letting his gaze dance across the midnight mare's wings, so like Shadow's...
Shadow.

"Have you not seen a mare named Shadow? She dear friend of mine, but I haven't seen her..." his tail gives an agitated flick; "In too long. Or Onni by chance? Onni good friend too, I'm worried for her. She's golden, like sun- worships him too, holds him in very high regard, told me he's a good friend (can gods be friends to us mortals?)- yes, yes, anyways, have you seen her? The darkness swallowed everything, just like the Endless Night, but I don't know why, and this time there was evil in the darkness, even if magic not stolen from us."

Image Credits
thanks to tamme for the table base

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful
I know you will

The boy still shied and Ampere fought back a laugh, not wanting to embarrass him further. How quickly her mind was set to change though as he tossed out a worn line, one that set a disapproving shake to her head set. Even so, she took the time to admire him better, now that her senses had finished throbbing following the exulting freedom of flight and liberation. He certainly was appealing. "Does saying such normally work for you?" she asked, more teasing than anything as a lop-sided grin split her face. It felt good to have the time and frame of mind to flirt, horribly or not; before she'd been so gripped with fear and grief... she never wanted to endure that again.

The stallion did not match Ampere's enjoyment of the day despite his absence of the caves. Ampere couldn't help but wonder what he permitted to weight him down. She knew of course the world was not right, not yet, but at least this was something - a break in the storm, or maybe just its eye. "He is here, he is always here" she replied softly, the humor gone from her, though not for good. A smile remained, comforting. "This darkness, it's ...different. Not the same as the one before, when the Sun was truly gone, he's just, caught behind the clouds. They won't fight all of our battles after all..." she let herself trail off, not intending to preach to one whom seemed far more devout and knowledgeable than she.

She just wanted him to feel hope, the way flying had allowed her to.

If she wondered why he wasn't able to though, she'd soon learn. Names rolled off his tongue, each one she was familiar with, though not by much. His eyes seemed pained and she wondered if saying it aloud made it seem all the worse. Ampere had not had anyone particularly close to her lost in this anarchy; it was the one benefit of never getting close to anyone.
"I have not seen either," Ampere confessed after a moment, truly sorry to have to say as much, "though I've met them both... before." She shifted her weight, uncomfortable with the poor news. "But," she added, quickly, so as not to crumble his spirit. "I've heard of Shadow. We've been organizing forces to try and rescue her." Ampere let the knowledge that she was a wraith settle before continuing. "The sick, they can be healed, and return to as normal." It would be dangerous though.

A M P E R E
PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL

ellsouille.deviantart.com with permission

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.