[PRIVATE] a prayer for my friends

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Justice without force is powerless
Force without justice is tyrannical.
- Blaise Pascal

The wind cradled her as she moved through its domain, her worries, her fears and her misery swept away in the stream of the breathing gods. It was a rare moment in which she was okay, as Sacre had put it.

It had been a delightful surprise to her when she had moved toward the Sanctuary entrance to pine at the collapsing world again, that sky was visible. She had blinked multiple times at first, her mouth gradually falling ajar as she watched a lone cloud drift across the heaven's floor, wonderfully lacking the monochromatic color scheme of destruction. She'd needed to break free immediately and had gone galloping across the Heart, swift as an arrow until the speed drug against her wings and lifted her into the great ocean of air.

She had been flying since.

The movement of her body was a welcome distraction to the stillness of the refuge underground and the endless churning of her thoughts. Of course out here, caught in the mane of the world, it was just as easy to think. For the time being however, the splendor of flight was so overwhelming that all she found was peace, or at least, enough of it. She caught glimpses of the infected horses as she moved, and though they still riddled her with terror, she would rather risk them than waste away underground on a beautiful day like this.

One thing that did find her however, was exhaustion. Her muscles had gone to waste in the burrows and sweat clung to her now even as she drifted on thermals. She wanted to soar until all the feathers had fallen from her wings, but she knew it was a fool's errand, particularly with the shadows still hanging boldly in the corners of their existence. She turned towards the closest place to settle, glad at least for what she had been given thus far.

Ampere's body met the ancient and ruined ledge of the shrine with a click of hooves and a ruffle of feathers. It was sloppier than she intended, her weariness stronger than she expected, and due in part to the torrid of the airways surrounding this rock. She shook cave dust from her coat as her wings settled against her back, the softness of the moment allowing her to finally overhear the mumbling across the plateau. Her blue gaze leered over the broken path, just making out the outline of a horse bowed into himself.

Initially Ampere hesitated, wondering if it was a wraith, and if not, exactly how social she wanted to be in this moment. "Celebrations are always better with two," she thought, smiling as she strode towards the stormclad boy.
"Hi," she greeted as the distance closed, hoping to alert him - he seemed rather focused. She could not hear what he said, and though her ears flicked forward, she did not mean to eavesdrop, her conversation an attempt at that. "I was hoping you would share this moment with me." Ampere flashed him a lopsided smile, its jagged lines enhanced by the asymmetrically chaotic mark across the left side of her face. "I wanted to savor this day. It's full of promise, isn't it?" She lifted her head as a breeze drifted past, her eyes gleefully closing as the invisible hands played in her mane.

A M P E R E

aeolle.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
a prayer for my friends - by Carnesîr - 02-26-2014, 09:30 PM
RE: a prayer for my friends - by Ampere - 03-01-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: a prayer for my friends - by Ampere - 03-08-2014, 10:19 PM