the Rift

finally moving » completed.

Hannelore Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

HANNELORE
I'm a space-bound rocket ship & your heart is the moon.

"Hannelore! Fucking MOVE!"

"DUMMY, move your damn feet! You're gonna get your ass killed if you don't MOVE!"

"Hurry up! Follow me, dummy! Jeez!"

"What the fuck were you thinking? Are you literally trying to get yourself killed? Next time just - for once- listen to me! I can't believe I can scream at you for 10 minutes and you still wouldn't move! I guess if you fucking died, good riddance. I wouldn't ever have to yell again. I should have just dumped your ass and let you die. Fed you as a snack to that damn bear."

Eyelids flitted open quickly, shaking off the stomach ache caused by the nightmare. The body of a small filly, rose grey, was curled up under a tree. Even out of the cold, thick snow, her small body quivered. What was this? Was this real? A young filly shouldn't be alone, shouldn't be so fucking cold. The taste of bile rose up in her throat and she swallowed hard. Standing shakily to her hooves, she had to suck back the tears and vomit from emerging. She was still just sick and hurt. The sting of rejection ran deep and she wondered for a minute if she would ever trust anyone normally again. She shook her thin head, fuck that. She would be stronger than ever and she wouldn't let this tear her down.

She stood quietly and examined the shelter she had blindly picked the night before. It was morning now and she could actually see and from what she could see under the large tree - she picked a good spot. She wasn't totally stupid after all! A small grin tugged at the corners of her chapped lips and she tossed her head. She was proud of her shelter pick! She did it by herself. At the sound of snow falling from a nearby tree, she snorted and leaned her ears forward. Okay, so it did startle her a tad bit. So what. She lowered her nose to the snowy border of the tree's shelter and peered out. She couldn't see anything threatening. She pushed the snowy branches out of her way and stepped out into the snow-covered world.

It was so cold and she quivered lightly. She was too busy thinking about how cold it was to even bother with sniffing the air for any potential dangers or stranger horses. The rumble of her stomach interrupted her shivering and she realized that she needed to find something to eat and stat. She was weak from her long walk the day before and she had missed a meal or two. Hannelore had learned from personal experience on how to dig past the snow to the greens preserved below and it was something she was proud about. Some horses would rather starve than take time to think of what to do but not her. She raised her legs and stepped carefully through the thick snow and finally found a flat spot she decided would suit her fine. She stepped around and rustled the snow up to make it soft before she balanced herself and started to dig lightly. Finally. Food. She looked around carefully before lowering her head and finally grazing. She ate quickly which required her to dig quickly to keep up with her pace. Just so busy eating...

ooc; I understand horses can't vomit. I'm sorry. It fit. :)

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 2ls8cgp.jpg]

'Oh look, the weather suits your personality perfectly today!' Sabel groaned through the bond, feet dragging at the ground so they left unmistakable prints in the snow. She had given up on caring if they were followed or not. Besides, the lynx was blind. If there was a creature anywhere near them, then she'd smell it before it saw the unlikely pair trudging through the snow in the pale hour of morning. Sabel found this mission of sorts dull and unneeded - a definite waste, though for her bonded, it was a different story. The cold chilled him, but brought a new sense of liveliness as well.
'You're just unhappy about getting up early,' Note snapped, flicking his long, dark gray tail at the cat who followed in his wake. The stallion hadn't told her where they were going or why. This information was to be kept a secret, for he knew it was a foolish endeavor to invest his time in.
The dusty bay stallion, so cold and remote, was on a hunt for his daughter. He hadn't seen the filly in months. The filly could be dead, though knowing the protective nature of Sohalia, this was unlikely. Even with this knowledge, Note kept it in the back of his mind as a possibility. He just had to remember he wasn't looking for a filly with wobbly legs and a rough coat, he was looking for someone a bit older. Skysong would be around a year by now. It's crazy how time flies when you're not there to fly with it.
Note had decided to start his search in the Threshold. It was an unlikely place for any being to reside in, but it was a start nonetheless. The dusty bay started his mission as early as possible, knowing she would be easier to find in the light rather than the ever consuming darkness of night. He had almost considered flying, but this would take a great deal of effort. It was far too early in the morning for flight, and taking into consideration the fact that he hadn't flown in months, a risky activity to pursue while still partially asleep.
So the dusty bay stallion continued forth on foot, eyes peeled for any signs of a light-colored champagne filly.
'Something - someone. Small. Filly. Left.' Sabel spoke, freezing in her tracks to look forward and to the left. Hope swelled in Note's chest at the words, anxiously flicking his long tail. This small one could possibly be his little Skysong.
The bay trudged along carefully until he broke out into the open, his eyes falling upon a yearling. It was small, a filly like Sabel had said. She was of a rosy color, though, and lack Skysong's characteristic wings. Note's heart, what was left of it, at least, crumbled. His hopes had been up for nothing.
This filly looked as if she needed help, her scrawny body digging at the ground for some source of grass. Perhaps he should help her, while he was here.
"Hey there, I'm Note and this is my bonded, Sabel," Note spoke, his voice uncharacteristically soft, as well as his eyes. The stallion just couldn't deny the soft spot he had for foals and youngsters. Sabel purred next to his silvery hooves, her sightless eyes seeming calm and welcoming as he spoke her name, ears perking up as if to say, 'Yes, I'm paying attention to you!'
"Could we be of any assistance to you?"

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Unregistered

HANNELORE
This quote will always be in upper case.

Munch, munch, munch.. That's all the rosy yearling could hear, she wasn't bothering to look up, and she definitely was too busy using her plush nose to move snow out of her way to smell anything. Foolish! Her recent lack of meals made her just so hungry, that eating was all she could focus on. She felt joy in her heart simply by this action she was currently lucky to be doing. And suddenly...

Was that footsteps in the snow? She paused but kept her position, face in the snow. Swiveling her ears, she tried to listen for anything. Either there wasn't foot steps in the snow or the creature had stopped. Still, she didn't bother raising her head and was just about to open to her mouth to eat again when a voice spoke out to her. "Hey there, I'm Note and this is my bonded, Sabel,"..."Could we be of any assistance to you?" the voice softly spoke. The filly, completely off guard, took a giant leap to the left, softly squealing as she did. She struggled to keep her already weak legs under her and she lost her footing in the wet snow. Down she went. She surprised herself by how quickly she got right back up on her hooves again and she faced the stallion squarely. Her sides heaved, allowing to catch her breath and with every breath in, the scent of the stallion in front of her filled her senses. She reeled for a moment and gained a small bit of relaxation and this shocked her a little bit. The stallion seemed to calm her and for a moment, her little beady eyes looked him over, pleased with what she seen. She lowered her head at the sight of two new things she had never seen before: wings and a predator cat.

Adrenaline ran through her body and numbed her legs. Or was it the cold air? She wasn't sure. She raised her head and flared her nostrils, taking in the stallion's scent fully. It was musky and something in her stirred. She swallowed hard, trying to regain composer. "I... I... um.. well, I.." She paused for a moment and licked her lips. At this point, the filly fully realized she was shivering so bad she could barely speak correctly. She looked around and sighed heavily. "I'm slightly lost... I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere," she finally spoke with a thick German accent. It was a lie. How could she be honest? She had been chased from her herd and she had no idea where the hell she was going. Her voice didn't quiver, however, it was soft. Growing up with the sire that she did, she had learned to respect stallions or be pummeled into the ground.

She swallowed again and tried to quit shaking so hard. I'm probably just cold, seriously, she mused to herself. But if she was really be honest with herself, she was practically terrified of what was going to happen to her. There was a predator cat standing no more than a few feet from where she was. There was a stallion with WINGS. It was all new to her. Still, her beady little eyes kept looking the stallion over. There was still something stirring in her and the foal in her just longed to cuddle up to him. She licked her lips again and her eyes fell on the cat curiously.

ooc; n'a

Hidden Account

The filly was incredibly startled by their presence. She leapt, eyes scanning over both Note and Sabel as her scrawny sides heaved. A small smile tugged at the stallion's ashen lips at the sight. He had genuinely caused her a great deal of surprise.
"I... I... um.. well, I.."
The nervous words poured from her lips, shaking during this time. Pity replaced the humor that filled Note. He began to wonder if it would be inappropriate to brush the filly underneath his wings, just to cuddle her. Give her a bit of warmth. She looked like she needed it.
"I'm slightly lost... I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere,"
Note picked his head up at the words, giving her a look that said, 'Yeah, right.' He wasn't going to question her just yet. But with that accent, whatever it was, she was definitely more than slightly lost.
The stallion advanced slowly, opening his wings with each step. 'Stay back, Sabel,' Note warned, stopping a foot or two away from the young filly. The cat grudgingly obliged, staying seated a few paces away from the others with a calming look painted upon her features.
"C'mon, I can take you somewhere safe. Then maybe you'll be able to figure out where you got turned around," A laugh poured from Note's lips as he spoke the last words, giving her a wink. "Or you can stick with me," He added, extending one of his large hawk-like wings out to the filly in a welcoming way, as if he wanted the filly to huddle under the appendage, at least, for warmth.
The kid reminded him a lot of his daughter. Perhaps it was the fact that they would be about the same age, or the that they shared a light colored coat. Whatever it was, the likeness caused Note to be much kinder to the filly than he would normally be to any other horse. Or maybe he was just losing his tough-guy exterior. As if he hadn't lost it already.
"What's your name?"

"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

Unregistered

HANNELORE
I'm a space bound rocket ship & your heart is the moon.

The yearling noticed his look of "yeah, right" and felt her body temperature rise, blushing if she could. She slowly looked down, her eyes welling up a bit. She was rather embarrassed and felt ashamed almost. As he slowly moved toward her, she felt her heart race a little quicker. She watched his wings extend as he moved closer. When he stopped about a foot away from her, she looked up into his eyes. They were sharp green, like hers. She smiled and felt her temperature return back to normal, the blushing had stopped. And she was reminded of how cold it was again and she shivered. As the stallion, Note, spoke to her in the voice that she found so soothing, the urge to smile teased her but she refrained. Up until the small laugh accompanied the last words of his sentence! A small smile shaped her lips and she glanced down again as she felt her temperature rise once more. Her heart skipped a small beat when she caught herself thinking about him leave her. As he spoke again, she looked quickly back up to his eyes, the smile still on her lips. "Or you can stick with me," he spoke. Something in her stirred and she was, what, excited? She stared into the stallion's eyes for a moment, her mouth falling a little open. As soon as he extended his wing toward her, she leaned back, slightly nervous about his large wing. But as she realized he was extending it to her, excitement rose in her chest again and she smiled up at him. She took a small step toward Note and extended her head out toward his chest and nuzzled him as to say "thank you". She trudged through the thick snow toward his side, the side with the wing extended. She raised her head up and ran her plush nose along his soft feathers, exploring their texture. Not knowing the boundaries or anatomy of a horse's wing (pegasus's wing), she quickly lowered her nose, suddenly afraid she would damage the seemingly delicate appendage.

She moved her rump over, side stepping to line up, side to side. The feeling of his large, warm side against her frail, small side was shocking to her and she secretly enjoyed it more than she probably should have. She smiled even bigger and nuzzled her small head into Note's warm shoulder. She felt much better; safe, warm.. happy. She sighed heavily, feeling weightless. "Thank you so much, Note..." Her voice was soft and gentle, much prettier than her cold, shaky words before. As she settled into his side, she felt the rumble of the stallion's words as he spoke. She felt surprisingly at ease with Note, she had even forgotten all about the cat, Sabel, and for a minute she wondered why she felt so comforted by a stranger stallion. But he wanted to know her name. What was so important about a name? Was it really that big of a deal? It's not like the stallion would know her history just by a silly name. She thought for a moment, seriously considering lying and presenting him with a fake name. She swallowed, knowing she wasn't good at lying in the first place. The smile slowly disappeared. "My name is Hannelore." Her voice tone changed a bit, sounding ashamed of her name. After all, it was the name her mother gave her. She sniffled softly and snuggled back into his shoulder, forgetting the cold world around her.

ooc; Yay, this is so fun! :)

Hidden Account

To Note's utmost surprise and pleasure, the filly moved into his grasp. It took everything he had to keep his wings from igniting with fire at her soft touch. The filly was nervous enough, and no doubt shocked by his existence, flaming wings would be all too much at one time for one so innocent.
Ah, yes, that was it. Innocence. The innocent look this filly portrayed was what Note felt like she shared with Skysong. He was foolish to not realize it before. The dainty filly was like his daughter in many ways, but the innocence she masked herself with was closer to Skysong's than any other trait the pair happened to share.
"Thank you so much, Note..." the filly whispered, nuzzling her way into his body. It felt nice, having the girl close. Note pondered what to do with the child for a moment, then dismissed such a thought. He would treat the girl the same way he would've treated his own daughter. He had to.
Note bent his head down to peer at the filly, sharp green eyes gazing back the filly's own orbs that resembled his so perfectly. "You're welcome," the stallion spoke with a small smile, a sincere look crossing his features. The filly was certainly lucky to catch him in such a good mood, for the stallion was rarely this kind.
"My name is Hannelore." The filly sounded ashamed, reluctant even, to speak her name as she snuggled back into his shoulder. Note found himself incredibly curious to know why, but didn't feel this was the time or place to ask such a serious question.
"I'll call you Hanne," Note smirked boyishly, Sabel trotting over to the pair. She snaked in between the stallion's legs before pausing to sniff the filly's leg. After deciding the filly was no threat, the cat continued to rub against Note's canon bone.
"Let's go, shall we?" Note spoke, pulling his wing in close as if to shelter Hannelore from the evils of the outside world.

ooc; I'll post a thread in the sanctuary for them once hanne's rank is changed :)

pixel by tamme

Unregistered

HANNELORE
I'm a space bound rocket ship & your heart is the moon.

Hannelore was taking in every second of the warmth and comfort she could. It was heaven, being so close to Note, under his wing. It was the best she had felt in, well, ever. At the realization that this was the best she had been treated by anyone, her eyes opened and she was distracted by thoughts of her past. She was suddenly saddened by her own thoughts but was brought back to the moment when Note's sweet voice broke through. She looked up in time to see his smile and mirrored it, smiling sweetly."Hanne... I like it," she mused. The shortened version of her name sounded good to her, made her even feel like it was an entirely new name. Of course, her history would always haunt her but right now, she was in the moment with Note. She had never had a nickname before if you didn't count dumbass and bitch. She smiled again and chuckled, nuzzling back into his shoulder. The scent of the pretty cat wafted into Hanne's senses and she lowered her head to watch the cat. It's eyes.. sightless? She was curious but she raised her head back up to gaze at Note as he spoke again. "Let's go, shall we?" She sighed softly, she was happy that she was leaving safely and this time - she actually had a destination. And with a stallion!

The sense of joy, excitement, and warmth gave her a new-found sense of strength. She huffed air through her nostrils, bumped Note softly on the chest, and darted as best as she could out into the snow. The snow was still thick in the late morning it had turned into and she could barely jump around as she had originally wanted. This tired her quickly and her thin sides heaved heavily. She turned back around to face Note and gazed into his eyes and a small chuckle slipped through her smiling lips. Was this happiness or was this barely just the beginning? She shook her head and trudged back through the snow to Note's side again. She tugged at his mane playfully, "so, where to?"

ooc; Sounds good! So excited! :) Sorryy my post seemed short. o.o