the Rift

[OPEN] not a bird, not a snake

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

The mare before me takes offense to my words, and after a moment of reflection I suppose she had every right to. I huff quietly, not even close to being willing to admit I might have overreacted. Realizing her distance is substantial enough, I relax a little, becoming slightly less tense. Her words are biting, calling me a fool. Perhaps I am a fool, but I'm a fool with a little baby and I love her.

OH. Didn't see that L word coming so soon.

Fierce loyalty. That's what I am to my blood - loyal to a fault. I love the little pup resting next to me, and I already know I would lay down my life to protect her.

I am focusing on how the feelings for her are already strong within me when I turn my attention back to the mare in front of me. Somehow I managed to tune out during her angriest words. What a handy little brain fart I had! She tells me that the polar bear is her companion. The bonded.. a companion. Damaris is my companion? I nuzzle her a little more with my muzzle, cuddling her. That would explain, perhaps, why her yucky little egg seemed to appear to me.. just for me. Maybe her shell was yucky, but the little thing that hatched from it is anything but. The little furrball that is my companion is adorable and lovely, even with the stinky breath. That's okay - we both have stinky breath.

The mare lies down across from me, trying to show that she means no harm, and the polar bear runs off... Aodaun was it? Hm. I suppose. There will soon be a bond between me and Damaris. I'm not sure that it isn't already forming. My heart beats stronger for the little one. Magical? Well, I suppose so. She's got little glowing marks. That seems pretty magical to me. I chuckle quietly, only so Damaris can hear me. Someday she will be able to feel my emotions, too? That makes me happy, and I smiled down at her. The mare comments that she just wants to help. And she makes a valid point.. I've never hunted for a little hellhound. I've never met a hellhound. I don't want Damaris to starve because of my ignorance. The polar bear returns and settles down with the mare, then tosses something our way.

A pheasant. For Damaris to eat, says the mare, and I should feed her. I reach forward awkwardly and grab the pheasant, pulling it toward us. Hmm.. how to feed the pup. I hold the bird down with my leg and use the spike on my nose to stab a hole in the flesh. I tug, making a bigger gash, and switch to my teeth to rip a chunk from the bird. Gently I offer it to Damaris, and the little puppy takes bite, her little teeth big enough to rip a small bite from the chunk I've offered. I see her little tail wag back and forth slowly as she eats. A smile creeps on my face and steadily grows bigger, and I look up at the mare and the polar bear who watch us from a distance.

Emotion colors my voice, unusual for me. "Thank you."

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 02-27-2014, 05:05 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Lakota - 03-01-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 03-01-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Lakota - 03-01-2014, 03:10 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 03-04-2014, 04:11 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Lakota - 03-31-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 04-01-2014, 09:02 PM