the Rift

[PRIVATE] Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Things change, do they not?

One day I am a trained soldier for hire and the next, I am seeking refuge in a cave. All that I have learned in my eight years on this earth, is forgotten, and I have no idea what to do next. My body is acing for the sun, while my heart is screaming for a new life. And then, there is my mind; it has gone soft as a sponge in water. I used to be able to take harsh words and even mockery, but now.. Now I soak up every word and keep them close. What happened? Am I such a lousy warrior that I can't even handle a few days in a cave? Or have I just started to live my life, free of a general and any other that rule over me and my time?

I have no answer to the questions, nor will I ever be. I am at a crossroad and now is the time to choose which road I will follow. It all used to be so easy; just follow the orders and do what you are told. How can anyone expect me to just walk away from that? I need someone to tell me what to do, where to go and what to do with my life. Give me a reason to breathe!

These thoughts haunts me as I walk through the cave, throwing a glance around every time I pass a horse or an entrance. The hide is still on me, but the bear's head hang limp at my neck. It's not cold or funny enought to scare the shit out of people, not yet.

With nothing else to do, my legs carries me to the wall-room, as if trying to make sense of the pictures will make this better. It won't, so I don't know why I even bother. A sight escapes my throat as I watch the foreign story unfold in front of me. Somehow, it reminds me of a wall back home. Someone, I don't remember who, told me the story behind one of the horses carved in stone. I began to whisper it, as a comfort myself, quiet at first so I did not forget my words;

"One upon a time, there was a princess, born to a king and queen of the desert. She was a beautiful one, with golden hair that touched the earth when she walked. Her eyes were the color of emeralds and her coat, dipped in the purest of white. The princess was a sight for sore eyes, even when she was a filly. Her father loved her very much, as did her mother and the rest of the kingdom, but where love blooms, hatred grows in it's shadow.."

I stopped to draw a breath and shifted the weight of my slender body. How did the story go again? For some reason, I forgot the middle, but the end, oh, I will never forget how the story ended.

"Stricken by grief, the Princess found no reason to live. Her lover, her soulmate was dead, only because they dared to love. In the middle of the night, she ripped out her golden locks and cut off her tail before the bathed in ashes. Only her head remained white, as a sign of the purity that once lived within. She went down into the great hall, her eyes clouded by hurt and anger, and as the doors closed behind her, not a word was uttered. Guards found her the next day, imprisoned in a glass cage and by her side, her lover in his."

The lump in my throat was hard to swollow, as memories of the two glass statues fell into my mind. I have seen them, more than once; the black stallion, frozen in agony and the princess, with her head over his back. They call it 'The Final Embrace', but that has never been the reason why I remember it. I remember it because I am her and she is me. I just hope I do not end up like her, hurt and unloved.

OOC: Woooooow..this is a long post! I hope it's not too long for you to answer XD
@[Nato]

No more dreaming like a girl
So in love with the wrong world
[Image: K20W2We.png]

Messages In This Thread
Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 02-27-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 02-28-2014, 08:43 AM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 03-04-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 03-05-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 03-06-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 03-07-2014, 08:40 AM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 03-11-2014, 05:26 AM