the Rift

[PRIVATE] Steel is sheathed now

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
Farenjer
As the artisan's eyes wandered around the lit and warm room with a glistening glance he had to think but wonder if this would perhaps be his permanent home. Not like he wanted it to be, but in his dreams at night he began to fret about the darkness that swelled and blanketed the lands, and if it was true that they were crawling back into the darkest depths where they belonged. As he continued having a fixed gaze upon the gushing fall of water, a fae's voice rung out through the chamber's walls. It was lovely girlish tone, yet a fear was hidden behind it as the mare came up to him and spoke. “Pl- please, sir. Hello,”

Calmly he turned his head to meet eye contact with the one who had approached him. A welcoming gaze brightening icy eyes and pulling a small smile upon his dark lips. Swiftly he looks at her, but before anything, he tips his head in greeting and then observes the mare. Icy orbs rake over an equine, a beautifully painted girl. With bright blue eyes, and a pinkish muzzle. She was rather a friendly looking equine and he was puzzled on why she looked on edge around him. Tipping his head to the side in confusion, memories slowly slipped and folded within his conscious as he began to remember. Where had he seen this mare before? Then suddenly.... it all flipped upon one strong memory. It was a dark night, the dim light of the moon glowing onto horses backs. The unicorn was hungry to put satisfaction into his leader's cold eyes, he wanted to try so hard to prove his strength and loyalty to the basin. That he was not an extra mouth to feed and that he wasn't useless. The lightning stallion galloped through the forest before halting within the brambles. The roar of battles and spars along the world edge's territory mixed into the night air. The unsettling pair of icy eyes hidden within the shade of dark timber, staring straight at an innocent painted mare. He then had burst out of the bushes within the clearing, lashing upon the girl and forcing her into battle.

Then suddenly he was back in reality as he stood with a surprised gaze upon the girl. A shudder ran along his spine and he moved his head to spot a scar edged along her flank. The same place where his blue tipped horn had dug in. He looked away quickly and his eyes filled with a shock and horror. Icy blue orbs held a gaze with the stone floor and the roar of a waterfall blurred away from the background sounds. The stallion could hear his heart beat, his breathing, and the sounds that she made. Ebony locks of hair fell over his eyes and he muttered loud enough for the girl to hear "Its You...." Another shudder ran along his back as he spoke the ominous words. Wasn't Deimos's punishment good enough and the nasty looks he had gotten after the invasions were all over? Now he had to rewind all the strong emotional embarrassment he had gone through again, as he was one of the only who had fled instead of sparring his battle fully. "What was I thinking......" Farenjer lifted his head but did not remove the ebony locks from where they settled upon his eyes. He didn't want the mare to see his embarrassment. "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry I did that to you." His head tipped towards the old wound upon her left flank. Finally, the unicorn turned his head a little to the sides, locks of hair removed from his eyes and he held a sad gaze upon her. As it told that he carried as much as a terrible burden after that night as she had. He didn't deserve to be here within the Sanctuary. I should go join the monsters, go and crawl in the darkest depths where I belong.

Image Credit
[Image: farenjer_by_foxyfirewings-d6t57ac.png]

Messages In This Thread
Steel is sheathed now - by Farenjer - 02-28-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: Steel is sheathed now - by Kahlua - 03-02-2014, 03:16 AM
RE: Steel is sheathed now - by Farenjer - 03-06-2014, 06:25 PM
RE: Steel is sheathed now - by Kahlua - 03-10-2014, 10:28 PM
RE: Steel is sheathed now - by Farenjer - 03-14-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: Steel is sheathed now - by Kahlua - 03-16-2014, 01:32 AM