the Rift

[OPEN] An End to the Darkness

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun's call was answered by three and not answered by one. Gaucho's presence was missed, but he would have to act without the battle-stallion. Still, all who stood in this room in the glory of his light were of pure heart, beautiful and clever. As the charcoal mare with eyes more blue than his brother's ocean approached, covering her eyes with a wing, he smiled warmly. The dumb tone which would normally make him irritated was more of a source of amusement at this juncture. Could he blame her, in his absence, for forgetting his image?

"... the God of the Sun, the Bringer of Light, the Master of Flame... Pick a title, I care not which you use," he rumbled, finishing her sentence where she had trailed.

The younger girl made an appearance then, but her lips were silent. He offered her a noble incline of his head, recognizing her presence. She was soon followed by another, the Diviner before the darkness had overcome them. The tragedy of the loss of her wing still weighed heavily on his mind, but he would think carefully before restoring flight to her, especially since it had been lost so easily. Perhaps, in the coming days, she would earn the limb back, and he would carefully monitor her progress.

Two, strong mares stood before him, and one, beautiful child. He was not so misogynistic that he believed them incapable, particularly not when Ampere was a wild fire on the inside. So, his choice was easy, obvious and right. The God of the Sun had found his heralds of light.

"Thank you, for coming to my call, Ampere, Tandavi, and Africa," he said, his rumbling voice more smooth that the stones at the bottom of the river. "I am here to tell you that the light will be restored again, and that you will aid me in its restoration. You shall by my bringers of light and shall be richly rewarded." The God of the Sun looked specifically now at Ampere and Africa.

"Ampere... Africa..." he said, acknowledging each. "You two shall lead my herd in the Dragon's Throat. Ampere, you have flame, tenacity and will protect those who seek haven in the dunes, and Africa, your gentleness, wisdom and clarity will be the perfect counterpart. I now name you Sultanas of the Dragon's Throat."

The God of the Sun beamed, casting upon their brows two, golden crowns of dancing dragons billowing flames on their maws. He started to move then, toward the surface. "Come with me," he said. "Let us welcome the dawn."

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
An End to the Darkness - by God of the Sun - 02-28-2014, 11:05 PM
RE: An End to the Darkness - by Ampere - 03-01-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: An End to the Darkness - by Tandavi - 03-03-2014, 03:16 AM
RE: An End to the Darkness - by Africa - 03-05-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: An End to the Darkness - by God of the Sun - 03-05-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: An End to the Darkness - by Ampere - 03-08-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: An End to the Darkness - by Africa - 03-09-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: An End to the Darkness - by God of the Sun - 03-13-2014, 01:31 PM