the Rift

[PRIVATE] It's a Thief in the Night

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

The demon mare's gaze was disconcerting, and Nyx's usual hatred of eye contact meant her frigid blue irises darted around somewhere near Confutatis' hooves, occasionally flickering up towards her chest. Intriguing, she said, and the silver soldier's sense of unease only increased. Why me? she kept asking herself. She wasn't anything special - she was just your common-or-garden unicorn mare, with a decent amount of fighting ability and a tongue as sharp as a tack, the same as half the residents of Helovia. There was so many far better prospects to steal - had it simply been a case of her being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Or had she been sought out, scouted, to be indoctrinated into whatever dastardly deeds this pair had planned?

The other addressed Dominus, something that took Nyx by surprise - she hadn't met many others since finding her companion, but she hadn't expected any to consider the white lion as a true living being. The cub fluffed himself up even more, the tip of his fluffy tail tickling Nyx's eyebrow and making it twitch. Then came a compliment, comparing the silver dove to her leonine companion - perhaps there was some logic there, as after all Dominus must have seen something of the lioness in her to 'choose' her from his egg. "I'll take that as a compliment,"she murmued, before falling silent to await a proper explanation - so far all she had received was some clever exhanges with the demon-skulled wordsmith, nothing of substance, nothing to explain why she had been lured here under false pretences. She talked of family, then, and the girl's ears visibly pricked, interest piqued. "And who, pray tell, do you see as unworthy of their crowns?" From what she had gathered, the herds were just finding their feet again after the long exile in the caves. Nyx had been on her way to see if the World's Edge would take her back in when she had met Morir, the blind weirdo and his worryingly good lies.

The stallion himself spoke, then, and Nyx's attention shifted to him. She felt able to meet his eyes, or, rather, the place where his eyes should be - after all, he couldn't see her, to accuse her of staring like a predator. Simply want to speak with you, he said, and the woman resisted the urge to huff. "Generally, when someone wants to talk to you, they come up to you and talk - they don't lure you into a creepy-ass forest under the pretence of a trapped sibling." Her words were sharp as ever, icy gaze narrowing warily. But then he explained, saying that she likely wouldn't have heard them out had he gone about it a different way - perhaps he was right, but they'd never know.

The blind man looked awfully chilled, but Nyx supposed he had little reason not to be - he couldn't see, after all, if she was about to lunge at him and shove her horn so far up his backside it tore his throat. It must be difficult, to cope without sight; to not be able to pick up on all the tiny body-language signals that make up the equine language. He introduced himself as Morir, and explained that Confutatis had taken him in - how kind of her, Nyx thought sardonically to herself, noting the 'good cop, bad cop' routine the pair seemed to have down to a T. Still he didn't offer an adequate explanation about why she was here, instead asking about herself. "Would it make any difference if I told you I was nineteen hands tall and bonded to a ten-foot lion?" she innocently asked, just because she could. But then her expression turned serious, and she sighed. "I'm a unicorn, I come from Isilme, where my parents were the infamous Querida the LightningQueen and Nato, leaders of one of the herds there. I like long walks on the beach and copious amounts of grass." Without meaning to, she had resorted to her oldest tactic of using humour as a defence mechanism, and couldn't help but chuckle to herself once she realised what she was doing. "Dominus is a white lion cub, a couple of weeks old, and he says hello." She judged as much from her bonded's mental images, despite the fact he could not communicate in words.

Retreating a step so she could look at both her captors with only the minimal amount of head movement, Nyx spoke again - two simple, curious words. "Why me?" Of everyone in Helovia, why me?

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
It's a Thief in the Night - by Morir - 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Nyx - 03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Confutatis - 03-02-2014, 11:43 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Confutatis - 03-16-2014, 02:39 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Morir - 03-16-2014, 04:50 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Nyx - 03-17-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Confutatis - 03-24-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Morir - 03-25-2014, 09:48 AM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Nyx - 03-26-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Confutatis - 04-01-2014, 12:37 AM