the Rift

[PRIVATE] It's a Thief in the Night

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Perhaps it was wrong, but for some reason Nyx found herself agreeing with what the mare was saying. Those who wore crowns should fight for them tooth and nail, hoof and heart - they should be willing to bleed for their empires, lest they were unfit to rule. Yet the soldier had never considered doing anything about it; she simply accepted that there were good leaders in the world, and poor ones. "Oh, I agree," she said, with the smallest dip of her head. Being called a lioness did wonders for her confidence, too, and she found herself almost preening at the compliment.

She sensed some trouble in paradise, though, a brewing tension between the blind man and the acid woman; Nyx remained silent, gaze darting between each of them as Confutatis drew herself up to her full height to glower at Morir. With the imminent threat of attack now seeming to be out of the way, Dominus released a huff of boredom and shimmied down his bonded's neck to curl up in the crook of her shoulders, tucking his nose into his tail and promptly falling asleep. Typical little boy - no interest in politics when there was no bloodletting involved. It was hard for Nyx to constantly remind herself that her lion was a mere cub, a few weeks old; he couldn't be expected to follow her conversations religiously, not yet, anyway. Men think they are always the biggest, always the strongest, pointed out the other mare, and Nyx's muzzle twitched in a momentary grin. Oh, yes - stallions had an uncanny knack to turn any conversation into a pissing contest. It was how they were made, to rule and dominate, to lord it over women and weaker men alike.

Her features twisted to shock as Confutatis revealed she, too, was from Isilme - and that she was a daughter of Oblivion, no less. Her mother had told her tales of the skull-faced killer, although Nyx had always been hardpressed to see if she spoke out of hatred or envy. "He used to rule the Woodlands, the same as my parents did," remarked the thunder girl, internally tittering at what a small world it was, and also how amusing it was that she could stand and make smalltalk with a woman who had kidnapped her. Confutatis had a knack for public speaking, she'd give her that - her words motivated the iron lady, made her want to storm into battle with sword raised and beast at her side, to conquer and own. She was usually more of an accidental warrior than an intentional one, but something about what this mare was saying appealed to her. Morir chimed in, then, and a small hum escaped the dove's mouth as she pondered over their points. She could certainly use a little excitement in her life, a cause to fight for, instead of wondering around aimlessly. Perhaps this could inspire her, give her a reason to ply her trade of war instead of simple boredom.

Now, she just needed a dotted line to sign.

"You two can be very persuasive, you know," she remarked with a small note of amusement in her voice. Her eyes momentarily widened as Morir stepped aside, exposing an opening - an out. She could leave now, turn her back on these two and go back to her mundane life of munching grass and trying to rise through the World' Edge ranks - or she could be something, fight for a cause. There could only be one decision, really, and with a final glance between the pair of them, she nodded. "Very well, then. I'm in." Just like that, she'd signed a deal with the devil - had to be more fun than her current life, anyway. "I have no aspirations to lead - I'm a soldier, not a queen. But at least you don't have to worry about me trying to snatch your crown, so, you know, every cloud and all that." She allowed herself a small snort. "So, to clarify - you go around usurping leaders you see as unworthy and replacing them with yourselves?" Nice one, Nyx, signing up for something you know next to nothing about. "Oh, another thing. I am - or was - a member of the World's Edge, and I consider a lot of that herd to be my friends. I won't harm them, not without good reason." She felt a spasm in her chest as she thought of her father - what the hell would he think of her, joining a gang of mercinaries with aspirations of grandeur? And Lace, her old friend - even the leaders, who had welcomed her so easily. She would not betray them - she was not that sort of woman.

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
It's a Thief in the Night - by Morir - 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Nyx - 03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Confutatis - 03-02-2014, 11:43 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Confutatis - 03-16-2014, 02:39 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Morir - 03-16-2014, 04:50 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Nyx - 03-17-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Confutatis - 03-24-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Morir - 03-25-2014, 09:48 AM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Nyx - 03-26-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: It's a Thief in the Night - by Confutatis - 04-01-2014, 12:37 AM