the Rift

[OPEN] REBIRTH :: Herd Meeting - Return to the Edge!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

She moved with swift steps. Her mind haunted with images of being forced to leave her family all for magic. No. She couldn't bring herself to do it. So she wouldn't do it. When they were finally settled again she would go and ask the goddess to switch the magics, to have one more suitable for her wishes. But, the nagging voice in her mind wouldn't allow her to abandon the Edge - not when they needed her most. Anything could go wrong when she wasn't there, and she felt as though something would the second she left. So she wouldn't do it. She couldn't do it.

Mind is torn, but body is well-kept. Her herb box would be moved back later, it was almost empty anyways so it wasn't as if there was much left to steal. Zarina had braided an intricate basket out of her hair after Resplendence had found the egg, and so the awe-inspiring crystal type egg was carefully tucked in it.

She felt late, though. Awfully late. There was already a large crowd of members - both new and old - circled around Kahlua and Kaj. It was great, her two friends (the ones she swore would be together if Res had any say in it) were the leaders of this family. It would work. It would all work.

She slid by the familiar faces, offering small bumps to shoulders as she worked her way over to Quilyan's side. A tiny nudge against his haunch and he lifted his wing to allow her to slide underneath, the crystal safely pressed against his feathers on her left. Her bodice pressed up against his left side. He pulls her just a little bit tighter before pressing his maw to her forehead for a moment as she allowed her orbs to fall shut. "Love you, my Prince."

Just a few more moments of happiness, of protection. She relishes them, for it has felt like eternity since she has just stood there and pressed up against her knight - no her prince. But, as she opens her eyes she looks back up toward Kaj and Kahlua and gives them a gentle smile. "You both look well. I'm glad..." she says before trailing off at the sound of something cracking. Instantly, Res is stumbling backwards and Quil is raising his wing to allow her full-sight of the egg.

Instantly she starts to panic - ever the mare full of nerves at the sign of anything possible wrong.The egg is breaking. Is it supposed to break? What is happening?! She jumped, her eyes widening as she looks back to Quil. "It's breaking! I didn't do it. I didn't knock it around! Is this supposed to be happening?!" she says, words jumbling together as she runs through the multitude of questions that is in her skull.

But the panic doesn't last too long. No. Instead there is a cawing as a young red dragon with some feathering claws his way out of the shell. Delicately, the little baby clings onto her hair and kicks at the crystal of the shell, trying to move it out of its little basket with eyes narrowing in protest. Carefully, Res snags the crystals and drops them out of her hair before allowing the little creature to curl up inside of it. "... It hatched? I... is he mine?" Resplendence whispered as the little creature smacked her neck in disapproval. Apparently so...

Powerplaying of Quil/Zarina with Rayo's permission <3
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: REBIRTH :: Herd Meeting - Return to the Edge! - by Resplendence - 03-13-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: REBIRTH :: Herd Meeting - Return to the Edge! - by Pampero - 03-14-2014, 11:55 AM