the Rift

And all the roads we have to walk are winding

Oberon2 Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

OBERON
We must be killers, children of the wild ones.
"Yes, you will come to the Regime, embrace your brothers and sisters, and you will keep word of the new rule secret. Enemies are all around us, but with us, you will be safe, you will have a reason, a purpose in life.” Any lingering grin slowly faded away as the altitudes of my eyebrows increased. Was I supposed to be impressed with the amount of will she could cram into one sentence? There I’d be just another guy in the chorus, and my days as a choir boy was over..

You speak the language of lies Queen of Spittle, fluently. “Safety is an illusion for the hunted. What’s in it for me?” Voice so husky it could be mistaken for a sled dog on a leash. Loyalty though, that was another matter entirely. Standing alone, loyalty is a big word, but big words never kept anyone well-fed. And I’ve worked up quite the appetite. Besides, I wasn’t a man in a search of a particular purpose to be left to cower and sleep in the security of numbers. I’ve always loathed the need of sleep. Like death, it puts even the most powerful men on their backs

“I won’t be left to obey the words of the weak.” Fragmented thoughts running lapses in my frontal lobe. “I want a position of power-“ I stare at her without emotion to betray. “-of importance.”

Say the right words lassie and I will be fighting forest fires with cans of kerosene.

@[Confutatis]

Messages In This Thread
And all the roads we have to walk are winding - by Oberon2 - 03-03-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: And all the roads we have to walk are winding - by Oberon2 - 03-07-2014, 05:07 PM
RE: And all the roads we have to walk are winding - by Oberon2 - 03-20-2014, 06:01 PM
RE: And all the roads we have to walk are winding - by Oberon2 - 03-28-2014, 05:46 AM