the Rift

[PRIVATE] before daylight, Tyradon

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adele & Vera

There were many things Adele didn't know, and so she longed to seek them out. Her mind was a blank page; she was the one holding the pen. So the red and blue mare did something she felt was terrible, but necessary to her wellbeing.
She left the caves.
They had been her safe haven, but one can only run around in so many circles before they get bored. And so Adele left the safety of the caves to venture elsewhere, to run in circles somewhere else. There was a whole world outside the caves, so the mare saw no use in confining her knowledge to one system of depths.
After Adele had slipped out of the Sanctuary, she ran for the first time in months underneath a moonlit sky. Her opalescent blue legs covered a great deal of land with each lengthy stride she galloped. Vera could soar throughout the sky once again, watching her bonded from above. It was freeing. They knew it was dangerous to be wandering at night, but it the frosty air was far too refreshing to ignore.
The unlikely pair traveled for who knows how long before Adele's legs gave out, and Vera's wings struggled to keep her afloat. At this point, strips of daylight painted the sky with hues of orange and blue. Adele smiled at the sight, flicking her flaming tail.
'It's been too long since I've seen a sunrise,' Adele remarked, turning to the ivory dragon perched upon her back. The dragon looked at her bonded with tired eyes and merrily chirped in agreement, too fatigued to do much else. Adele understood the reptile's state, as she shared it, but it would be foolish to saunter around in the open as they were. They had to find a safer spot.
Adele continued to walk throughout trees much taller than herself before she came across a truly magnificent sight. It was a large stone structure, the top painted with colors that illuminated everything caught beneath it. It's beauty was difficult to even comprehend.
Surely a safe location for a short nap.
The red and blue mare wandered up to it, plopping down beside a gentle brook. The cold chilled her coat, but it did not stop her from getting comfortable. Vera curled up in a ball on the top of her bonded's stomach, immediately over come by sleep. Though the spell did not so easily come to Adele.
She laid awake as the world around her continued to stir and revive from it's own slumber, her thoughts branching out beyond simple sleep. She thought most about her family and friends. Adele was not exactly a two year old filly - she had to have met with others before, built relationships, shared an evening chat with her parents. But where were they? Were they even looking for her?
There was Aaron. Perhaps he had looked for her at one time, though his search was a failure. Maybe Adele was the one who needed to start searching for them instead.

--

ooc; @[Tyradon] just a thread for tyra to recruit Adele and tell her about their being family and all! :)

Tyradon Posts: 106
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2 :: 14 Buff: NOVICE
Cynder :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Snow
OOC: I'm assuming they know each other from Isilme? Let me know if you'd prefer he not know her and I'll change it ^^ @[Adele]

It is a relief, to finally be out of the caves and into the wilderness again.

Cynder soars high above, joyously sending blasts of flame into the air as she dances through the ice-cold sky, her mental happiness ringing around the warmaster's head as he walks along below her. He is just as grateful as she to be out in the open, away from the crushing weight of stone above his head and the knowledge that he is stuck like a coralled cow, trapped with the members of the lesser species and forced to live side by side. Now, he and his war-dragon are free to roam, to stretch their legs and wings respectively and explore Helovia properly. The darkness is still not gone - the beast can sense it, hidden behind every tree and trapped beneath every patch of snow - but it does not seem quite as intense as it did when he first crossed into the Threshold.

The Regime have taken up residence in the Rotunda, and so Tyradon and his jade dragoness spend most of their time in and around it. His massive chest pushes through the now-familiar undergrowth, feeling thorns snag at his feathered limbs as he moves at a steady walk. His gargantuan skull lowers every so often to sample the grass, enjoying the simple pleasure of being able to do so - the moss in the caves had not been a suitable supplement. Cynder, too, revels in the pleasure of hunting game like rabbits and deer rather than rodents, and through their mental link he sees her chasing a crow, snapping hungrily at its tail feathers. With an elaborate loop, she snatches the bird out of the air and snaps its neck with a fluent twist of her jaws, then proceeds to throw her kill around and playfully catch it. "You shouldn't play with your food," Tyradon mock-scolds her, but she simply mentally smacks him in response and continues her game. The stallion chuckles, and begins to meander towards a nearby brook, lowering his muscular neck to take a deep draught of the cool water.

As he does, he hears Cynder's voice. She-horse and white dragon, she tells him, and the beast lifts his head to see a queerly-coloured mare lying down nearby, a small ivory dragon on her belly. Something about the mare is familiar... "Adele?" he rumbles, beginning to wander towards her. His silver gaze widens with shock, massive head tilting to scrutinise his half-sister - had she always been this flamboyant in colour? He feels Cynder approach, and the green war-dragon slams into land on his back, claws fitting easily into the puckered scars she has created with her multiple landings over the years. She looks down at the white with curiosity whilst nibbling on her feathered kill, limbs wrapped possessively around it and flame-tail idly twitching around her, and the massive warlord can feel the gore from the crow dripping onto his powerful back.

WHEN THE LIGHTS FADE OUT, ALL THE SINNERS CRAWL

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Unregistered

Adele & Vera

Amid Adele's thoughts of family, a voice sounded her name. "Adele?" The voice was deep, obviously male. But it didn't sound like Aaron's had. Another stallion who knew her?! What a shock. Adele briefly wondered if she had been a slut before she lost her memory, but dismissed it quickly. She refused to jump to conclusions.
The mare picked her head up to see a dark stallion advancing towards her. A dragon accompanied this equine as well, one of viridescent coloring. His coat was riddled by scars, but he had a similar body to her own, it seemed. Incredibly muscled, though hers was not quite as massive as his. In some way, he seemed familiar.
Vera stirred, waking from her slumber to see the new pair. She was intrigued by the fellow's dragon companion, it made him the fourth equine they had met to have a reptile bonded. But she wasn't complaining at all. The dragon's tiredness shifted to excitement. She rose from her perch upon Adele's two-toned belly to fly and hover near the new pair, ivory eyes particularly interested in the jade colored reptile. She kept her distance, for the dragon was cradling prey. Vera was not about to interfere with that, but chirped a friendly greeting to the fellow dragon anyways.
Adele stood after Vera had removed herself from her stomach. The mare's features were confused to say the least as she studied the new being. He was so familiar. Was he present in a dream she had once? Oh, she didn't know.
The mare moved forward, eyes muddled and concerned. Why couldn't she tell who he was?! It was maddening.
And then it hit her. Visions of an equine who could only be her father flooded her sight. He looked so much like this stallion...
"T - Tyra..Tyradon?" Adele's voice was hesitant, soft. She was shocked to have even found the name nestled in the emptiness within her mind. She revisited the vision of her father, rolling in over within her thoughts till it became increasingly clearer and more visions came. Terrador. Aera. Peixos. Ophelia. Kimber. Aaron. So many names and faces came to her all at once. It wasn't much to go on, but it was something. It was shards of her memory, barely there, but there nonetheless.
Tears filled the mare's eyes, blurring her vision slightly. All this time she had been so lost, and here before her was the missing link to her past. Some of it, at least.
Adele broke into a canter to close the gap between them, rushing to Tyradon with a grin of unbelievable happiness plastered upon her features. She halted a mere couple of steps away from the stallion, looking up at him with grateful orbs. The red and blue mare moved her muzzle in the direction of his cheek, if he so allowed her lips would touch his ebony hide with care.
"Oh, brother, I've been so lost," Adele whimpered, looking up helplessly at the equine before her. She hardly knew him, that was true, but they were family, bound by blood. He was much more than she had ever dreamed of finding.

--

ooc; it's cool with me :) @[Tyradon]

Hidden Account

Cynder looks up from her feathered feast to chatter at the ivory dragon, and Tyradon can feel her internal struggle - stay and finish her meal, or go and play? Look after noms, comes her mental voice as she makes her decision. She pushes the carcass deep into her bonded's mane, covering it up with the thick black stands and treating the warlord to the unpleasant sensation of bloodstained feathers clotting against his neck. Once her prize is safely hidden, the green war-dragon takes flight, soaring straight up to her white companion and chirruping happily. Every muscle in her body shows she is initiating play, flying circles and complex aerial loops in a clear invitation for the white dragon to follow her.

The beast wrinkles his muzzle, feeling the half-eaten crow dribble gore into his mane. But his focus is fully on the mare, who looks puzzle for a moment before saying his name, slowly, hesitantly. Is he that forgettable? As his sister runs towards him, he inadvertantly flinches - fast movements are usually a sign of attack, and he finds himself engaging battle mode without even realising he's doing it, so accustomed is he to war. But she touches him gently, and he allows himself to calm, puffing air gently out of his nostrils and returning her contact. "It's good to see you, sister," he says, baritone voice soft as he gazes at her. I've been so lost, she says, and his scarred brow furrows. "What happened?" If somebody had hurt her, there would be hell to pay.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Unregistered

Adele & Vera

A toothy, reptilian grin lit up Vera's ivory features as she watched the jade dragon tuck away her prey into her bonded's ebony crimson to play. The green dragon whirled in circles around her, performing aerial moves in which Vera had never tried, or thought possible for that matter. She had never played with another dragon before. Well, since she lost her memory she hadn't. The dragon encountered Torasin's own brown reptile, but they had been so focused on the task at hand that there was no time to sacrifice to such activities. Nonetheless, Vera trilled in joy and dove after the more colorful reptile, hoping that her nervousness didn't show.
Adele smiled a bit at the sight of Tyradon's wrinkled nose, the crimson liquid running down his skin from the cadaver his dragon had tucked into his mane. It only slightly amused the mare to see how well he put up with such a thing. She wouldn't have been so tolerant. As if Vera could keep anything in her flames anyways.
The red and blue mare noticed Tyradon flinch, his body tense before relaxing and returning her touch. How odd. Then again, they hadn't seen each other in years. Things change. Horses change.
"It's good to see you, sister," he said. Everything about his deep tone of voice was comforting. Her body relaxed, eyes watering, although she refused to cry. This was a moment she had dreamed of, she wasn't about to ruin it with tears, even if they were in joy.
"What happened?" Tyradon asked, brow furrowed. Adele looked away from the stallion, her gaze finding her diamond-like hooves. It was a long story, one that wasn't something she could so easily explain without feeling slightly embarrassed.
"I had no one - no herd, I couldn't find my friends, Aera or any of my siblings. It was just me and Vera. I didn't know Helovia well, I managed to wind up at the Frozen Arch with Vera one day. There was an accident, a lot of ice..." Adele's voice faded, looking fairly ashamed of herself. These were mostly assumptions, she couldn't even remember waking up that morning. "I lost my memory," Adele stated simply with a soft sigh, ivory condensation pouring from her lips, "I'm starting to get it back, though. Little things here and there - faces, names. I can't remember actual events. I met Torasin once, he said something about how I got such an...exotic appearance, but I can't remember it happening."
Adele shook her head slowly, blue, orange-flecked eyes fluttering upwards to look back at her brother inquisitively. He knew her story now, but she was curious as to what had become of him in these years.
"What about you, what've you been up to?" Adele asked with a soft, genuine smile painted upon her lips.

Hidden Account

The beasts glances upwards, watching the dragons frolic in the skies. It is a wonderful sight, one that brings a smile unbidden to the warmaster's face. Cynder continues to show off, darting and diving in a series of complex tricks and inviting Vera to play with her, revelling in the simple joy of another dragon's company. She has met none since Isi's brown, and revels in the fun of having another of her species to claim the skies with.

Tyradon listens to his sister's explanation, as she tells of her memory loss. That is a sad state of affairs - the hellion can only imagine being torn from the things that are truly his, his memories. It also means Adele has no recollection of their youth, of Isilme and Anarore, and of the glory of their father's reign. She mentions her exotic experience, and it is a relief to know the warlord isn't simply going mad in his old age - she definitely wasn't as flamboyant last time he met her. "I will try and fill you in on as much as I can," he offers. It is a blessing that she remembered him, and he counts himself lucky to have stuck in her frazzled memory.

At her question, he cannot help but chuckle. Where to start? "I left Anarore and took my own herd out in the wilderness - I spent my years destroying unicorn and pegasus scum, cleansing the world of their filth. But it caught up with me, and a unicorn with powerful magic took my own powers from me, and reverted Cynder to a hatchling. We wandered for a few months, getting our collective strength back, then came here." His eight years, condensed into a single sentence. "Now, myself and a mare are creating a regime - the next generation of Helovia, ready to seize power and push the false kings from their thrones. You will join us?" It isn't quite a question - Tyradon does not expect to be refused.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Unregistered

Adele & Vera

Adele flicked an ear over at the dragons, noticing their play. It was amusing, poor Vera wasn't nearly as skilled at the art of flying as the jaded reptile bonded to Tyradon. Vera trilled and attempted a few spirals, trying to loop around her playmate. The little ivory reptile did her best to mirror the other dragon's moves, some of them were more successful than others. Well, it was a start.
"I will try and fill you in on as much as I can," Tyradon offered. Adele looked up at her brother with all the gratefulness she could portray through a look. She had lost everything, and now, here was the closest thing to a savior that she knew; her very own brother.
"Thank you," Adele smiled, feeling oddly blissful. As if she was at peace. It made sense that she would be, she had just found every answer to the questions she had about herself. What a strange concept. Adele probably knew more about the anatomy of lizards than she knew about herself.
A soft chuckle fell from Tyradon's lips as he started to begin his story. It had been years since they had last encountered each other, so much must have happened. "I left Anarore and took my own herd out in the wilderness - I spent my years destroying unicorn and pegasus scum, cleansing the world of their filth. But it caught up with me, and a unicorn with powerful magic took my own powers from me, and reverted Cynder to a hatchling. We wandered for a few months, getting our collective strength back, then came here."
What had happened to the pair more recently was sad, but the rest of his history was pretty impressive, nothing she wouldn't expect from her own fl - wait. '..unicorn and pegasus scum..' They were scum to her. She had met very few of them, that was true, but the ones she had encountered weren't all that bad. They were strange, with odd customs, but they weren't a waste of space or anything. They deserved a right to live, too, didn't they? Obviously Tyradon didn't think so. Adele trusted his judgment, taking the words to heart while blending them with her own views.
They were not scum and she would not kill one without reason, but they were to be avoided at all costs.
"Now, myself and a mare are creating a regime - the next generation of Helovia, ready to seize power and push the false kings from their thrones. You will join us?"
Sounded promising. Even though it sounded like a question, Adele knew it wasn't. But she had no problem with joining Tyradon's Regime, supporting his cause. He was her brother after all.
"Of course," Adele stated without hesitation, excitement gleaming in her eyes. What an adventure she had stumbled upon.

Hidden Account

He can feel Cynder's excitement as she watches the other dragon perform her tricks; chuffs and coos of encouragement leave her fierce jaws as she continues to dart around the green, gliding down to Tyradon's back and plucking the dead crow from his mane. Taking to the skies again, she throws the carcass in Vera's direction, an offer to play an aerial game of 'catch'. The beast is left shrivelling his nose as bloodied black feathers tangle his mane from where his dragon less-than-delicately retrieved her dinner, and he twitches the muscles in his neck as he feels a rivulet of blood trickle down the side.

She agrees to join him - not that he left her with much choice - and his massive head dips in an appreciative nod. "Good. Bear in mind it is a secret society, for now, so keep all information to yourself. If you go to the Threshold to recruit, give as little information as possible - send them to myself or Confutatis for further briefing." He still hasn't told Adele anything of their plans, wanting to find out a little more about her first. He hopes she will be more reliable than Farkas - the damned boy had all but disappeared already. He cannot tolerate his blood relatives being useless, as they hold his regal pedigree, after all, and have exacting standards to live up to. "Tell me, sister, what are your talents? Can you fight, spy?" He looks at her with evident interest, noting her powerful frame and, of course, her dragon. She would make a fine warrior, if she was that way inclined, but as much as the beast values fighting, he knows there is little use trying to push a square peg into a round hole.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Unregistered

Adele & Vera

Vera was beginning to get the hang of aerial tricks, they were becoming easier and easier with every loop, twist, spiral and dive she performed. The encouragement of the jade reptile was only heightening the joy she found in the unfamiliar activity. Lost in her tumbles and spins, Vera barely noticed the lack of her partners company until she noticed the bloodied prey from earlier being hurled towards her. The little dragon was sent backwards slightly as she caught it, but recovered her balance immediately. Confusion was evident upon her features until she realized it was some sort of tossing game that the other dragon wanted to engage in. She propelled it back to the larger reptile, looking slightly apprehensive as she didn't know exactly what she was doing.
Adele smiled at Vera's clear lack of knowledge about play. It was almost depressing. Vera knew about two or three other dragons now but rarely visited with them. Perhaps she should setup a play date for her companion! It was a bold idea, where would she even find those dragons? Oh well, she'd have to dwell on it further later. Now her brother was in need of her voice.
"Good. Bear in mind it is a secret society, for now, so keep all information to yourself. If you go to the Threshold to recruit, give as little information as possible - send them to myself or Confutatis for further briefing."
Secret. How exciting. Adele nodded, beginning to become curious about why they were a secret at all. What was so imperative to their existence that it must be hidden?
She didn't question it. She wouldn't question Tyradon. He didn't seem like the type of horse you question so easily.
"Tell me, sister, what are your talents? Can you fight, spy?"
Adele almost laughed at his words, but they sounded serious and were filled with genuine interest so the mare saw it best not to. Fighting was something she was capable of, but spying? Did she really look like a spy?
"I cannot spy, I'm afraid," Adele mused, a lopsided grin painting her lips, "my appearance does not allow such engagements, I am better versed in combat. And crafting, I am gifted in that area as well."
Adele was proud of herself. How many could say they were skilled in multiple ranks? Most were only suited for one role only. She was built for two. Her story was just beginning as well, she could always develop further. Her mind was a canvas to be painted upon by life. By Tyradon. She just had to pray he would be her Picasso.

Hidden Account

His dragon's joy is a welcome addition to his mind as she happily catches the carcass between her front paws, corkscrewing with it before throwing it back towards Vera. Tyradon knows from experience that she loves throwing and catching things - he's ended up with a fair few corpses, rocks and gems on his head from where his rambunctious companion has thrown them at him, momentarily forgetting he lacks thumbs. Her playful nature is a rarity these days, so focused are they on the domination of Helovia, so to see his war-dragon letting her metaphorical hair down is a real treat for him.

His sister nods to his request, and he listens in turn as she explains that she wouldn't make much of a spy - in hindsight it was a rather stupid question, as she is so brightly coloured she would struggle to hide anywhere. But, as he well knows, spying doesn't always have to take place in secret. "Spies can hide in plain sight, Adele. Conversing with your target, earning their trust and finding information out that way can be just as useful as eavesdropping from behind a bush." In a reverse-psychology kind of way, she could be the perfect spy - who would expect somebody so flamboyant to have ulterior motives? It pleases him that his sister is so versatile, not restricted to just one position. She will be a worthy addition to their Regime. "Where do you stand on the other species, sister? Myself, I prefer to restrict our regime to equines only, but my partner, Confutatis...she has a rather more liberal view on the lesser beings." Is that a shiver he feels run down his spine at calling his demon queen his partner? Despite her aerial display, Cynder finds the time to send him an expression of extreme smugness, followed by an image of him and Confutatis bumping noses, bodies aligned and adoration etched on both faces. He smothers the image with a small mental growl, and with a chuckle she returns to her game.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Unregistered

Adele & Vera

Vera hovered in awe, watching as her emerald playmate spiraled with the carcass, now their toy. She caught the mutilated cadaver with ease, tossing it upwards just to catch it once more before sending it back to Cynder. She let the larger reptile control their antics, mirrored whatever she did. Vera was still unused to the idea of play.
Meanwhile, Adele was pondering her brother's words. Hiding in plain sight. She had a sorrowful sorry with the loss of her memory and lack of family members. The mare was innocent, rarely saying a mean thing about anyone. There were no reasons not to trust her. Except for her appearance. But not many were shallow enough to judge her solely on looks, for the mare was consistently friendly.
Adele nodded her head, considering the life of a spy. "I might have to try that sometime," She spoke mischievously, a lopsided grin making it's way onto her lips.
Then Tyradon inquired about her views on the other species; the mare was slightly relieved the other leader of the Regime, Confutatis, was a bit more accepting. Her brother's obvious distaste in the unicorns and pegasus heavily influenced her next words, for she wanted to be someone her brother could be proud of and not just because they shared blood. But because they shared a similar sense of honor.
"I really prefer equines. The other species don't particularly bother me," Adele began, losing her grin and moving into a more serious tone, "when they stay out of my way, that is. I can't say I trust them, but I wouldn't harm one without knowing they've committed a crime other than simply being born."
She had described her views to the best of her ability. Adele expected that it wasn't quite what Tyradon wished to hear, but regardless of their shared blood, they were different beings. She was, unfortunately for many, entitled to her own beliefs.

Hidden Account

The game of catch continues for a short while, until Cynder's rumbling stomach gets the better of her. With the brute strength of her arms she rips the carcass in half and throws one to Vera, soaring back to Tyradon's shoulder to messily eat the rest with such gusto that gore spatters halfway up his neck. Again his muzzle wrinkles in disgust, but he doesn't admonish the dragon - she's enjoying herself for once, and she deserves to do so.

His sister reveals she prefers equines, which is good, but that she has no particular objections to the other species - not as good, but he supposes she cannot be perfect. "Fair enough," he says, somewhat begrudgingly. It would be ideal if she shared his blind racism, but he's rapidly becoming aware that there aren't many like him around. He is an extremist, shallow to the point of blindness; it's a rare beast that is as full of hate as Tyradon. "If you approach others, obviously I would prefer if you restricted yourself to equines, as I wish for the highest-level members of our Regime to be purebloods. However, I do accept that unicorns and pegasi provide useful brawn." They are dispensable, great to shove on the front line and leave to it - the fact they're usually magically blessed tends to help things. "I should be getting back - things to do. Keep searching for new members, Adele, and we can have another meeting in a couple of weeks with the rest of the Regime to discuss plans...unless you have anything further to speak about?" He's a busy man, but he can always spare some time to get to know his sister better. She is the only blood sibling he's likely to meet that isn't cursed with a horn, after all.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]